Author Topic: World industries  (Read 2038 times)

shitcunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
World industries
« on: July 10, 2012, 03:34:15 PM »
Has anyone had one of world's newer boards? The local shop just got a few of thier boards in decent sizes and I'm probably going to get one. Anyone know what wood they use?

trannies and mannies

Re: World industries
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2012, 03:51:00 PM »
I had one about 2 years ago and really liked it.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2012, 09:57:46 PM »
I guess they're still through dwindle which makes them dsm pressed, so no different than enjoi or blind or even newer cliche boards.

William Jefferson Clinton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 07:41:31 AM »
I guess they're still through dwindle which makes them dsm pressed, so no different than enjoi or blind or even newer cliche boards.
There actually owned by  i.e. now, since 2007 I believe. There pro model decks are ok, I wouldn't pay full price for them though/

shitcunt

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 03:19:30 PM »

I'm actually like it. Really nice shape and nothing feels crappy about it. Probably gonna put a sticker over the bit that says "world industries" so kids at the skatepark don't make fun of me.

William Jefferson Clinton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 05:19:47 PM »

Probably gonna put a sticker over the bit that says "world industries" so kids at the skatepark don't make fun of me.
That's stupid.

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 05:29:10 PM »

I'm actually like it. Really nice shape and nothing feels crappy about it. Probably gonna put a sticker over the bit that says "world industries" so kids at the skatepark don't make fun of me.

Are you 12?

shitcunt

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 08:25:30 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Are you 12?
i need to remember that sarcasm doesnt translate into text.

b.v.

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 09:30:06 PM »
The world re issues my shop got are ps stix wood which is some of the best out there, so the boards are made well.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2012, 04:44:35 AM »
Ive never seen a World board in real life.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 09:57:10 AM »
As long as they make ugly ass shoes, i won't buy their boards. also, world is as of late trying too hard to appeal to the 'core'-skaters. i can't even take it seriously. they should have been done a long time ago. still, good for you if you like the board, can't go wrong with ps wood.

shitcunt

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 11:26:58 AM »
As long as they make ugly ass shoes, i won't buy their boards. also, world is as of late trying too hard to appeal to the 'core'-skaters. i can't even take it seriously. they should have been done a long time ago. still, good for you if you like the board, can't go wrong with ps wood.
Ya I wasn't particularly stoked to be getting a world industries board. I've ended up liking it but really the only reason I got it is cause they were all my local shop had.

sleepypancakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 227
  • Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 01:07:48 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Ya I wasn't particularly stoked to be getting a world industries board. I've ended up liking it but really the only reason I got it is cause they were all my local shop had.
I'm gonna be honest for a second. It sounds like your local shop is blowing it

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 06:03:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

Seriously.

shitcunt

« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2012, 08:01:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

Seriously.
na, they're awesome. they did tons of work to get an awesome skatepark (none of that arc crap) built in town and are always super friendly. they're just in a rough financial situation at the moment so they cant afford to buy more than a few boards at a time.

trannies and mannies

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2012, 06:34:07 PM »
My friend is currently skating an early 90s World board.

planman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
  • Morpheus drinking a 40 in a death basket
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 10:20:06 AM »
All this talk about World boards make me wanna get one

I saw your mom do a ollie to cooch drop straight down the big black pole, it was gnarly. she defiantly shut that shit down

Justis

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 241
  • illinoying
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2012, 11:46:05 PM »
actually had one and it was pretty good

apad88

« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2012, 03:56:31 AM »
All this talk about World boards make me wanna get one
I don't think I could buy one as a first choice

pica

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #19 on: July 18, 2012, 04:25:22 AM »

with that thunderbolt remaining  it's gonna look like a Mike V pro model.

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #20 on: July 18, 2012, 03:42:54 PM »
Can't trust the opinion of someone who can't skate switch.

You can't properly evaluate the subtle nuances of riding the board backwards and the differences in pressure points and concave sweet spots and shit.

WORDUP

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2012, 01:05:50 PM »
do you only do boardslides on a double sided kerb cos both the nose and tail of that thing look untouched
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.