Author Topic: The Lakai Pledge  (Read 126291 times)

Randozzi

Re: The Lakai Pledge
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2012, 04:34:02 PM »
true to all other XLK sizes.

I Can't Think

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 31
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2012, 05:04:23 PM »
Expand Quote
As far as i know they changed from factories in China to one in Korea, so the better ones are korean made. Should be written on the tag I guess. Can anybody confirm?
[close]

yes, i looked it up and the tag says korea. even the boxes have a better design now, ha ha.

Alright so Korean Lakai's: Good  :), China Lakais: Bad  :-[, got it, makes the purchase even easier.

micky682

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2012, 05:06:06 PM »
true to all other XLK sizes.
You sure? Because I remember getting the Mike Mos awhile back in size 9, only to see that they fit a size too big

Randozzi

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2012, 07:39:48 PM »
skated in XLK Manchesters, Lindens and the Belmonts so far and the 9.5's have all fit prety true.
the Mike Mos were done by the old factory. i liked that shoe.

A.J.K.

« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2012, 07:44:59 PM »
What is the Belmont XLK shape like?  I prefer slimmer shoes so if it is narrower it's definitely an option.  

micky682

« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2012, 08:06:14 PM »
What is the Belmont XLK shape like?  I prefer slimmer shoes so if it is narrower it's definitely an option.  
If you are a size between size 9-12, I found a website thats selling them for 30$ with free shipping

A.J.K.

« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2012, 08:09:19 PM »
Expand Quote
What is the Belmont XLK shape like?  I prefer slimmer shoes so if it is narrower it's definitely an option. 
[close]
If you are a size between size 9-12, I found a website thats selling them for 30$ with free shipping
Thanks, but I'm planning on going to one of the local shops in the area.  Might as well go ahead and post the link here and in the Sale gear thread though.

Brad Breath

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 42
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2012, 08:48:16 PM »
I have pretty much only skated Lakai for the last 3-4 years due to having a big foot and not being able to find anything more comfortable.  Plus i like giving my money to Carroll and those dudes.  I've definitely sacrificed quality for comfort with a lot of their shoes.  They would wear out super quick.  And every now and again, I'd get a pair that didn't feel like they were the proper size as labeled.  Last week I threw out 3 pair that had been run through.  Have been skating some DC Coles that fit okay.

Glad to hear they may have improved on their quality.  Next time i get some cash, I may go back to Lakai.

micky682

« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2012, 09:41:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
What is the Belmont XLK shape like?  I prefer slimmer shoes so if it is narrower it's definitely an option. 
[close]
[close]
Thanks, but I'm planning on going to one of the local shops in the area.  Might as well go ahead and post the link here and in the Sale gear thread though.
I would but I'm afraid that if I do, my size will be sold out

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2012, 05:52:49 AM »
Just skate emerica.. Quality product, all skate, great team, best shoes.

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2012, 08:21:06 AM »

disagree completely. sole tech shoe blow it. if I'm skating a shoe from anyone other than adidas, its lakai, fallen, or supra. I've had the worst luck with emerica.

fowlerclone

• Rep: -15
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2012, 10:18:46 PM »
I tried a couple pairs of selects a few years ago. They fucking sucked.
Am I going to try Lakai again? No.
Maybe they should have done it right from the start.

A.J.K.

« Reply #42 on: August 05, 2012, 08:48:03 AM »
I tried a couple pairs of selects a few years ago. They fucking sucked.
Am I going to try Lakai again? No.
Maybe they should have done it right from the start.

everyone knows they have made some horrible shoes.  However, they have made changes and as many people here can attest they are significantly better.  So while your grudge is understandable, it doesn't really make sense to continue to hate them when you're experience was years ago and they have since changed manufacturers for the better. 

alcol

• Rep: 2
« Reply #43 on: August 05, 2012, 09:35:46 AM »

Every emerica shoe I had lasted me for about two weeks. Their sole's thread pattern isn't deep enough and goes flat after a few sessions....they need to have a better quality control if they want to compete with bigger brands...
I'm a be on here until niggas start posting about my celebrity-skateboarder lifestyle exploits ala Lil Wayne.

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2012, 11:15:31 AM »
I've always been curious about everyone's bad experiences with Lakais. The ones I have had over the years were always super good except for the Carroll Selects, which the stitching in the ollie area blew out quickly because of how they're designed. But I had Manchester Selects, MJ Selects, Howard Selects, and they never had any trouble.

As for Emerica, the grip goes flat too quickly, the vulc soles fall off, and the material is usually bad quality and blows out in a week or two.

Never had problems from Vans though.

Brad Breath

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2012, 01:04:21 PM »
Anybody know if the Carroll 5 was produced before or after they made changes in factory?  I just spotted some of those for cheap at 6pm.  The navy ones with Girl logos.

cookieboy

• Rep: 10
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2012, 01:15:02 PM »
I really want to get into lakais. I've been interested in the Lindens for some while now.

A.J.K.

« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2012, 03:05:23 PM »
Anybody know if the Carroll 5 was produced before or after they made changes in factory?  I just spotted some of those for cheap at 6pm.  The navy ones with Girl logos.
They came out over a year ago so they would've been manufactured in the old, non-Korean factory I would think.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 02:23:55 PM by A.J.K. »

Extremely Sorry

• Rep: -2
  • Harsh.
« Reply #48 on: August 06, 2012, 01:57:08 PM »
I had the exact same ones.
Don't even bother, those were the worst shoe's ever had. Tread was terrible and wore out in a matter of days, the suede got super fucky just as quick. Granted, I skated all day every day the week I had them, so.
They are pretty comfy though...

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2012, 11:05:36 AM »
Does anyone know anything about the new Lakai vulc sole? How long will that shit last?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2012, 03:05:07 PM »
I really want to get into lakais. I've been interested in the Lindens for some while now.

get them, you wont regret it.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2012, 09:14:51 AM »
Does anyone know anything about the new Lakai vulc sole? How long will that shit last?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2012, 01:54:08 PM »

^ I might be slightly wrong but - Lakai had two kinds of vulcanized soles. The Select and the New one, but both types were done in the previous factory and it seems that will carry on existing under the new korean factory - or some kind of mix between them is or will happen.

The Select one has this pattern:

And is the one in all models with the Select suffix - Manchesters, Carrolls, MJs, but only few of the current models still have it.

I always find it pretty comfy and reasonable durable, even tough I believe there was a difference between the first batch of Selects and the rest of the production through the years 'cause I had two pairs of MJs 1 that were noticeably not alike. I even have one of the first Belmonts that still don't show any tear symptoms - not for skating tough but 5 years old anyway.

The New one has this other pattern:

Picos, Carroll 5, etc... This one is, in my opinion, super comfy straight out of the box but I believe that they introduced it right when the quality started to drop.  

I hadn't had the chance to try the new factory version of the New vulc wich looks like this:

The new Marcs and Marianos, and all the new versions of the continued models.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 02:02:19 PM by Cosme »

Randozzi

« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2012, 08:20:43 PM »
The Marc looks damn good, 510 has them and they are nice.

FCN

• Rep: -17
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2012, 09:29:36 PM »
the last lakais i had had that last vulc sole and it was really good.  i need the marcs or marianos

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2012, 09:51:59 PM »
I peeped the mariano's, I'm loving that they have no panels on the skate side and some breathable stuff on the inner side. I'll probably get them, but if they made a xlk version, I think that'd be my perfect shoe.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2012, 10:23:43 PM »
I peeped the mariano's, I'm loving that they have no panels on the skate side and some breathable stuff on the inner side. I'll probably get them, but if they made a xlk version, I think that'd be my perfect shoe.

agreed. i really hope xlk starts taking over and pushes lakai's abundance of vulc away

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: August 25, 2012, 06:07:54 AM »

Belmonts have just become the model I've had more pairs of.
25 euros each through a german online deal.
But I'm still angry at Lakai for discontinuing the mid top version.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #58 on: August 25, 2012, 08:00:40 AM »
how do the belmonts fit, say.. compared to eras or janoskis?

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2012, 10:10:54 PM »

how do the belmonts fit, say.. compared to eras or janoskis?

I find that Belmont vulcs fit true to size, pretty comfy straight from the box and kinda like a medium width - definitely not narrow if that's your concern.

Although if you are thinking to skate them I suggest you to go for the Brady's XLK version. The Select models just explode at the mere sight of griptape.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 10:14:11 PM by Cosme »