Author Topic: The Lakai Pledge  (Read 126290 times)

I Can't Think

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 31
Re: The Lakai Pledge
« Reply #60 on: August 31, 2012, 11:30:02 AM »
Ended up getting these

;D

Also how do you downsize images?
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 11:33:07 AM by I Can't Think »

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2012, 09:10:55 AM »
wearing these right now

from the korean factory.

feel solid, no visible glue or stuff like that that would indicate shitty quality, all around really really stoked on them.

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2012, 05:31:29 PM »
I'm just going to use this thread as a place to post flattering Lakai pics (lest face it they need the help i.e. don't post crayola colorways) :

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2012, 06:16:38 PM »

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #64 on: November 12, 2012, 08:15:03 PM »
can we get an update on this thread?  more of y'all must have skated the "new factory" lakais, how they holdin up?

i got two pair on deck, they look good.  i wouldn't mind becoming a lakai man again at all.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #65 on: November 12, 2012, 08:34:34 PM »
can we get an update on this thread??  more of y'all must have skated the "new factory" lakais, how they holdin up?

i got two pair on deck, they look good.?  i wouldn't mind becoming a lakai man again at all.

ive been skating the pico xlk for 3 months and theyre just on their way out. the upper is very well constructed, and i'd have to say lakai makes the my favorite cupsole of all the brands ive skated. its got a nice amount of cushion, boardfeel, and flex. and this may not matter to some people, but the material inside the shoe is amazing to me. its almost like a jersey material that kindof grips your foot and allows good breathability. not like most shoes that have that cotton that wears out and gets full of sock shit. sorry is this was long winded but i wanted to give as much information as possible.

i just got the new howard pretty sweet shoe(as posted above) and i have high expectations for them

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2012, 06:17:45 AM »
Expand Quote
can we get an update on this thread??  more of y'all must have skated the "new factory" lakais, how they holdin up?

i got two pair on deck, they look good.?  i wouldn't mind becoming a lakai man again at all.
[close]

ive been skating the pico xlk for 3 months and theyre just on their way out. the upper is very well constructed, and i'd have to say lakai makes the my favorite cupsole of all the brands ive skated. its got a nice amount of cushion, boardfeel, and flex. and this may not matter to some people, but the material inside the shoe is amazing to me. its almost like a jersey material that kindof grips your foot and allows good breathability. not like most shoes that have that cotton that wears out and gets full of sock shit. sorry is this was long winded but i wanted to give as much information as possible.

i just got the new howard pretty sweet shoe(as posted above) and i have high expectations for them
how did you get them?

My brother got a pair of manchesters (vulcs) from the new korean factory and they just feel so much better. That being said you cant go wrong with XLK

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2012, 08:18:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
can we get an update on this thread??  more of y'all must have skated the "new factory" lakais, how they holdin up?

i got two pair on deck, they look good.?  i wouldn't mind becoming a lakai man again at all.
[close]

[close]
how did you get them?

My brother got a pair of manchesters (vulcs) from the new korean factory and they just feel so much better. That being said you cant go wrong with XLK

not long winded at all, thank you for your specificity.

and this all sounds excellent, i am hyped.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2012, 08:50:58 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
can we get an update on this thread?? ? more of y'all must have skated the "new factory" lakais, how they holdin up?

i got two pair on deck, they look good.? ? i wouldn't mind becoming a lakai man again at all.
[close]

[close]
how did you get them?

online at skatewarehouse. unfortunately my shop was not planning on stocking them

darkslideoftheforce

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2012, 01:54:24 AM »
A couple months ago I was skating the "new" manchesters. They held up pretty well, but I never had any Lakais before that, so I don't have nothing to compare it to. But yeah, quality was decent, will buy Lakai again for sure.

Filip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2012, 03:01:50 AM »
I just recently bought three pairs of Lakais, two pairs of XLK Belmonts, the Brady ones, and they are from the Chinese factory, but so far so good... They look much better, and the suede seems a lot stronger than the Picos I had about 2 years ago.. Third pair is The Muni, with a Vibram sole, and from the Korean factory, and let me tell you, this is one solid, well made shoe.. Not a skate shoe, but they feel super solid and good, and super comfy. Im backing Lakai again, for sure.

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2012, 07:39:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
can we get an update on this thread?? ? more of y'all must have skated the "new factory" lakais, how they holdin up?

i got two pair on deck, they look good.? ? i wouldn't mind becoming a lakai man again at all.
[close]

[close]
how did you get them?

[close]

online at skatewarehouse. unfortunately my shop was not planning on stocking them
oh damn I didnt know the dropped yet. Do you have them now? please post some pics (skate or not just need something!)

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2012, 08:49:48 PM »
4 Star X Lakai Howard

New Guy Shoe

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2012, 09:24:18 PM »
Heel logos!?

jack2jack

• Rep: 3
« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2012, 10:27:29 PM »
Heel logos!?

Yes, for more support and stability?!?

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • beer
« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2012, 01:18:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
can we get an update on this thread?? ? more of y'all must have skated the "new factory" lakais, how they holdin up?

i got two pair on deck, they look good.? ? i wouldn't mind becoming a lakai man again at all.
[close]

[close]
how did you get them?

[close]

[close]
oh damn I didnt know the dropped yet. Do you have them now? please post some pics (skate or not just need something!)

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2012, 04:32:33 PM »
I tired to filter out the bad ones #1

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2012, 04:33:38 PM »
I tried to filter out the bad ones #2

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2012, 04:34:38 PM »
Another angle of Guy's shoe

According to SJ on Instagram it won't be out for a while though.

sufodiv

• Rep: -5
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2012, 04:40:28 PM »
4 Star X Lakai Howard

New Guy Shoe

damn those fourstar shoes are fucking sweet

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2012, 04:46:22 PM »
i have the howard prettys sweets right now the griffins will be next

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #81 on: November 21, 2012, 09:31:15 PM »

Kind of strange they make the pretty sweet version of his shoe if he doesn't have any tricks in the video. 

wheee!

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #82 on: November 21, 2012, 09:54:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Kind of strange they make the pretty sweet version of his shoe if he doesn't have any tricks in the video. 

his part is supposed to be an easter egg on the dvd

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #83 on: November 21, 2012, 10:16:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

this isn't a fucking spoilers thread you ass hole. thanks

toque

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 122
    • Portmanteau avatar image
« Reply #84 on: November 21, 2012, 11:58:55 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Ah I guess that makes sense.  I still think its a bummer that he didn't have footage in the actual video,  fambulamps

wheee!

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #85 on: November 24, 2012, 12:11:00 AM »
What is the midtop called? I couldn't find it on the site, also are either of them canvas? I don't see a way to search on their site.

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
« Reply #86 on: November 24, 2012, 02:09:39 AM »
What is the midtop called? I couldn't find it on the site, also are either of them canvas? I don't see a way to search on their site.

It's the INDIO model due for Spring 2013.
Both colorways in that photo are Canvas: Black Canvas and Royal Canvas.
In the description says it features canvas and synthetic leather upper.

(Scroll the photo to the right).

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #87 on: November 24, 2012, 05:29:58 PM »
Nice I will get some of those when they hit stores!!

Owen

• Rep: 0
« Reply #88 on: December 18, 2012, 08:00:48 PM »
picked up a pair of these last week, only had a couple sessions in them because it's been raining a shitload but so far they feel awesome.

ZEBRA

« Reply #89 on: December 19, 2012, 12:35:45 AM »
picked up a pair of these last week, only had a couple sessions in them because it's been raining a shitload but so far they feel awesome.

Mariano's, right?? They look nice.