Author Topic: The Lakai Pledge  (Read 126307 times)

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 117
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: The Lakai Pledge
« Reply #690 on: February 17, 2016, 03:11:57 PM »
Bump.

I saw there have been a few posts lately about Lakai.
Currently skating MJ lows. Pretty happy with how they skated after the first day.
Anybody skating the staple or one of the newer shoes they've put out?

nylin

« Reply #691 on: February 17, 2016, 03:18:25 PM »
Bump.

I saw there have been a few posts lately about Lakai.
Currently skating MJ lows. Pretty happy with how they skated after the first day.
Anybody skating the staple or one of the newer shoes they've put out?

New Staples are the shit. Those and the owens are my favorites. All of Lakai's newer shit has been top notch

Randozzi

« Reply #692 on: February 17, 2016, 03:53:00 PM »
They new catalog is up and there is an MJ XLK.

www.lakai.com

Coffee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 37
« Reply #693 on: February 17, 2016, 09:33:12 PM »
They new catalog is up and there is an MJ XLK.

www.lakai.com

I just saw that after I bought 2 pairs of the regular MJ's.  I'm old so I like cupsoles when I can get them.  Guess those might be my next shoes in a few months.

shitdick22

• Rep: 1
« Reply #694 on: May 25, 2016, 12:40:25 PM »
New Fremont XLKs look sooo fucking tight

ZEBRA

« Reply #695 on: May 25, 2016, 01:28:27 PM »
New Fremont XLKs look sooo fucking tight

I was just drooling over them in the UPCOMING SHOES thread. I'm just praying they will be wide enough for me.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #696 on: August 06, 2016, 01:15:35 PM »
All I've been buying lately is Lakai, just got the Flacos. No tounge centering straps. There's not even that little lace loop in the middle to half ass hold it in place. Seems solid though. Kind of wish they came with extra laces, but I get it, times are tough... Really though, laces, stickers, it's the little things that matter.
you never know about pre-cum 

MYXGAMES2015

« Reply #697 on: August 07, 2016, 09:33:04 PM »
All I've been buying lately is Lakai, just got the Flacos. No tounge centering straps. There's not even that little lace loop in the middle to half ass hold it in place. Seems solid though. Kind of wish they came with extra laces, but I get it, times are tough... Really though, laces, stickers, it's the little things that matter.

Hows the tread on Lakais these days? I bought some Riley Hawks like a year ago right when they came out and they skated great and had a really durable upper, but right when the tread looked like it was getting bare I ripped a hole through it and they were done.

Every other brand I can skate for like a week or two after the tread goes bare before ripping a hole through it.

micky682

« Reply #698 on: August 08, 2016, 07:20:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hows the tread on Lakais these days? I bought some Riley Hawks like a year ago right when they came out and they skated great and had a really durable upper, but right when the tread looked like it was getting bare I ripped a hole through it and they were done.

Every other brand I can skate for like a week or two after the tread goes bare before ripping a hole through it.
A friend had the same issue on the Rileys, but the Staples I skated the tread lasted me a good 2 months.

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #699 on: August 08, 2016, 11:08:18 AM »
hope my owens arrive this week!

excited ;D

MYXGAMES2015

« Reply #700 on: August 10, 2016, 11:53:38 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
A friend had the same issue on the Rileys, but the Staples I skated the tread lasted me a good 2 months.

Huh, I'll have to give them another shot. Thanks

Firebert

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 225
    • Instagram avatar image
« Reply #701 on: August 12, 2016, 07:48:04 AM »
How's the fit on the new Staple? I'm gonna get the red ones, but last time I got an 8.5 in the V.A. Manchester cup and they felt a little big. I shift between 8 in Adidas and Converse and 8.5 in Nike SB (sometimes even a 9 in New Balance#) for reference.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 07:49:40 AM by Firebert »

paraquat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 199
« Reply #702 on: August 12, 2016, 09:35:52 AM »

Skating these currently. They are great but I feel like they are going to fall apart quickly.

micky682

« Reply #703 on: August 12, 2016, 09:41:27 AM »
How's the fit on the new Staple? I'm gonna get the red ones, but last time I got an 8.5 in the V.A. Manchester cup and they felt a little big. I shift between 8 in Adidas and Converse and 8.5 in Nike SB (sometimes even a 9 in New Balance#) for reference.
They fit TTS so I think 8.5 would be your best bet.

Ham Sandwiches

• Rep: -5
« Reply #704 on: December 10, 2016, 10:43:26 PM »
I saw some Fremonts this past weekend and they looked dope. One question though, have they moved factories again? The last Lakais I had (some Howards, rest in peace you magnificent bastards) were made in Korea but the Fremonts and some of the other Lakais I looked at were all from China. Just a sign of the times at Crailtap I guess?
you know you can get laid, see music, socialize, talk shit, and not be a nazi at the same time right?

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1152
« Reply #705 on: December 11, 2016, 09:59:40 AM »
the MJ XLKs are the best Lakais ive skated since the Howard Desert Boot.  Perfect fit, heel lock, and grip.  Hope they still make this shoe...obv drop the MJ... but please keep making them as they are such an amazing minimal cup sole. 
hardly art, hardly starving

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #706 on: December 11, 2016, 10:32:06 AM »
How do the Owens fit? Not sure if I should go true to size or a half size down?
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Randozzi

« Reply #707 on: December 11, 2016, 10:51:47 AM »
When I had them I needed to go a half size down.

jonnysheen

• Rep: -63
« Reply #708 on: December 21, 2016, 04:08:37 AM »
So whats the best Lakai on the market at the mo?

Had vans or adidas businitz for years, but my local skate owned shop only can get Lakai.  Want to try and suppport them  so going to switch to Lakai.   Never tried a pair before.

ungzilla

« Reply #709 on: December 21, 2016, 05:20:22 AM »
i've skated 4 pairs of staples in a row, i really like them. great heel lock, fairly pointy, kickflips feel great in them. warning, i hate the stock insole, i replace it with the thick ass vans ones. they fit TTS for me.

micky682

« Reply #710 on: December 21, 2016, 05:26:08 AM »
So whats the best Lakai on the market at the mo?

Had vans or adidas businitz for years, but my local skate owned shop only can get Lakai.  Want to try and suppport them  so going to switch to Lakai.   Never tried a pair before.
Griffin XLK TTS or Owen 1/2 size down.

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
« Reply #711 on: January 04, 2017, 12:28:24 PM »
Looking for the FTC Owens but they're all out in my size everywhere. Anyone try them? I believe they're cupsoles now, which is why I'm interested in them.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Pigeon

« Reply #712 on: January 06, 2017, 01:02:18 PM »
I'm actually on a pair of the Lakai M.J., right now. I wanted to take a break from Hufs and was not disappointed.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
« Reply #713 on: January 15, 2017, 05:23:35 PM »
Looking for the FTC Owens but they're all out in my size everywhere. Anyone try them? I believe they're cupsoles now, which is why I'm interested in them.

Bump this, especially any sizing info. In the "Shoes You're Currently Wearing Thread," someone mentioned purchasing them in my usual size while in here, people suggested ordering the original Owen half size down (I've been skating cupsole Emericas lately at 10.5). Since I'll probably have to order directly from FTC, I want to make sure I get it right the first time versus having to exchange and deal with shipping back and forth.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 10:30:57 PM by oyolar »

Durndle

• Rep: 7
  • Denton. Gateway to Durndle
« Reply #714 on: January 15, 2017, 10:14:57 PM »
been skating the Vans style 112 and they're great but my feet need a cupsole again. If I had the choice between the Fremont, MJ XLK or the Griffin XLK, which do you guys think would last the longest?

Randozzi

« Reply #715 on: January 16, 2017, 12:09:23 AM »
Had great times skating the Griffen XLK and they lasted.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #716 on: January 16, 2017, 12:15:49 AM »
Had great times skating the Griffen XLK and they lasted.
be down to get them waterproof shits!

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Nate.Dog

• Rep: -9
« Reply #717 on: January 22, 2017, 10:55:36 PM »
Does anyone have a reference for how the staple fits? I go a half size down in the new owen vlk but I don't know how that fits compared to the rest of the lakai line-up, I wear a 9.5 in almost everything else, should that be fine for the staple? or should i size down? up? I have a wide forefoot, short-ish feet and a narrow heel for reference. Thanks

snaked plissken

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
  • FxOxAxD
« Reply #718 on: February 04, 2017, 05:26:23 AM »
Tried on those Flacos and they look good, ordered a pair of Griffins, i've heard great things about them! I'd like to support Lakai more than I already do, sometimes it's just hard to find the ones i actually want. ::)

ungzilla

« Reply #719 on: February 04, 2017, 06:01:19 AM »
Does anyone have a reference for how the staple fits? I go a half size down in the new owen vlk but I don't know how that fits compared to the rest of the lakai line-up, I wear a 9.5 in almost everything else, should that be fine for the staple? or should i size down? up? I have a wide forefoot, short-ish feet and a narrow heel for reference. Thanks

tts works for me, at least the same size as the other shoes i skate, which are generally blazer highs or koston 2s