Author Topic: The Lakai Pledge  (Read 126289 times)

Big Baby Jesus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
Re: The Lakai Pledge
« Reply #720 on: February 04, 2017, 06:44:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Looking for the FTC Owens but they're all out in my size everywhere. Anyone try them? I believe they're cupsoles now, which is why I'm interested in them.
[close]

Bump this, especially any sizing info. In the "Shoes You're Currently Wearing Thread," someone mentioned purchasing them in my usual size while in here, people suggested ordering the original Owen half size down (I've been skating cupsole Emericas lately at 10.5). Since I'll probably have to order directly from FTC, I want to make sure I get it right the first time versus having to exchange and deal with shipping back and forth.

I just got a pair of the pink FTC Owens that my girl got me for my birthday. I wen a half size down on them and they fit perfect. I like the luxlite insole for being a stock insole. The heel lock is great and has a great shape to it. It's breaking in really nicely but I can't decide if I want to skate them or not. They're so fresh that I'm not sure I can bring myself to skate them. Might have to scoop a pair of the black or white ones to skate instead.

I have been eying the flaco, the Fremont, and the staple. Does anyone have any feedback on the Fremont. Yonnie was repping them hard on insta and singing their praises but all his old insta posts are gone.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Live Fast Johnny

• Rep: 22
« Reply #721 on: February 04, 2017, 09:56:48 AM »
Its been forever since I have gotten a pair of Lakais but I really used to love the Vincents.  How do the Rileys compare to them?  I really kind of like the look of the Rileys better and they are on sale a couple of places.

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #722 on: February 04, 2017, 04:25:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Looking for the FTC Owens but they're all out in my size everywhere. Anyone try them? I believe they're cupsoles now, which is why I'm interested in them.
[close]

Bump this, especially any sizing info. In the "Shoes You're Currently Wearing Thread," someone mentioned purchasing them in my usual size while in here, people suggested ordering the original Owen half size down (I've been skating cupsole Emericas lately at 10.5). Since I'll probably have to order directly from FTC, I want to make sure I get it right the first time versus having to exchange and deal with shipping back and forth.
[close]

I just got a pair of the pink FTC Owens that my girl got me for my birthday. I wen a half size down on them and they fit perfect. I like the luxlite insole for being a stock insole. The heel lock is great and has a great shape to it. It's breaking in really nicely but I can't decide if I want to skate them or not. They're so fresh that I'm not sure I can bring myself to skate them. Might have to scoop a pair of the black or white ones to skate instead.

I have been eying the flaco, the Fremont, and the staple. Does anyone have any feedback on the Fremont. Yonnie was repping them hard on insta and singing their praises but all his old insta posts are gone.
The Fremont took a few days to break in, and they're kind of wide. I've skated all 3 that you mentioned, and the staple was by far my favorite.
you never know about pre-cum 

Evisoon

• Rep: -3
« Reply #723 on: February 21, 2017, 08:35:07 PM »
I know it's been asked before, but how's the fremont?

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #724 on: February 22, 2017, 05:45:00 PM »
Where were all of you guys with the Owen VLK fits when I was shopping for the pink FTC Owens?

Evisoon

• Rep: -3
« Reply #725 on: February 22, 2017, 06:23:51 PM »
Where were all of you guys with the Owen VLK fits when I was shopping for the pink FTC Owens?
i've heard to size down .5

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 380
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #726 on: February 23, 2017, 03:36:22 PM »
I bought them my normal size because I heard a bunch of a couple people said that they've been their same fit for a bunch of Lakais.  They feel fine now, but am worried they'll loosen too much once I actually start skating them.  But whatevs--I don't through myself down anything so won't be a big deal I think.

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -137
« Reply #727 on: February 23, 2017, 04:19:44 PM »

Fuckin amazing

Gentleman ninja warlock

Level 60 Dwarf Paladin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -83
« Reply #728 on: February 23, 2017, 04:21:00 PM »
You put that laundry away yet?
you never know about pre-cum 

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #729 on: February 23, 2017, 05:07:51 PM »
You put that laundry away yet?

Fuck no. It's a never ending cycle.

My house is waaay to fuckin small too. First world problems
Gentleman ninja warlock

judge reinhold

• Rep: 1
« Reply #730 on: February 23, 2017, 09:32:09 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Fuckin amazing

have you tried the griffin xlk? just wondering how the freemont fits compared to it

Betaphenylethylalamine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #731 on: February 24, 2017, 03:59:26 AM »
Yep. .5 size down for sure.

This has been the case with all my lakais
Gentleman ninja warlock