Author Topic: Box with concrete grinding surface  (Read 929 times)

shitcunt

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
Box with concrete grinding surface
« on: August 23, 2012, 11:22:10 AM »
So I'm planning on building a box with a concrete edge cause grinding concrete is fun as hell. I was thinking I would just modify these plans (which I have used before) so that there is a 2 by 2 inch square seat on the edge for a 2 by 2 concrete piece to sit and be affixed. Basically I'm going to modify this but instead of round pool coping on a ramp it's a square edge on a ledge. Has any one done this before?

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
Re: Box with concrete grinding surface
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 12:58:34 PM »
I posted a picture of this stuff in another thread about pool coping and it might be perfect for what you are looking for.  It's granite counter top edging that I saw at a tile and flooring store.  I think it was sold in 4-6ft sections and given the shape it looks like it would be really easy to put on a box with an adhesive like liquid nails or something. I suggest at least checking out a floor and tile store for some ideas if you are looking for something other than angle iron.  I think they had squared off edges too but the round caught my eye...

The cost was ~$25 per section.

shitcunt

• Rep: 4
Re: Box with concrete grinding surface
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 02:04:39 PM »
I posted a picture of this stuff in another thread about pool coping and it might be perfect for what you are looking for.  It's granite counter top edging that I saw at a tile and flooring store.  I think it was sold in 4-6ft sections and given the shape it looks like it would be really easy to put on a box with an adhesive like liquid nails or something. I suggest at least checking out a floor and tile store for some ideas if you are looking for something other than angle iron.  I think they had squared off edges too but the round caught my eye...

The cost was ~$25 per section.

WOW! Thanks so much I'll definitely go looking for that.