Author Topic: Deck Brands By Woodshop and Location  (Read 154959 times)

SkateViolence

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 9
Re: Deck Brands By Woodshop and Location
« Reply #90 on: September 18, 2013, 03:43:18 PM »
I've never gotten boards pressed at South Central, but their wood lasts forever. It takes me way longer to totally hate South Central boards than just about anything else I've ridden.

KMAC

• Rep: -10
« Reply #91 on: September 18, 2013, 08:03:18 PM »
i agree^. south central and generator is the best.

october

• Rep: 23
« Reply #92 on: September 18, 2013, 09:48:06 PM »
I'm starting a board co. and I'm wondering if anyone has heard anything negative about pennswood or south central, I got a nice sample from pennswood, but south central is closer. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

I'll message you. I have a ton of info about these two.

d1lyh4n4

• Rep: -2
« Reply #93 on: October 15, 2013, 02:07:08 PM »
The whole point here is fucking CHINK boards suck and fucking BEENER boards rewl !!  BEENER beats a CHINK in a fight all day!!! Except if they don't have a knife and the chinky has kung fu !!  But a regular off the street underpaid labor worker beener beats chink for sure!!!

El_JayDude

• Rep: -6
« Reply #94 on: October 19, 2013, 06:27:28 PM »
This thread is interesting, I like to look at it in conjunction with "The Set-up Thread." If it wasn't for the "Weiner Wallet" thread, this would be number one. 

Anybody know where Sk8Mafia decks come from?  I'm going to go out on a limb, and without Google'n it, and say they are under the same distributor as Santa Cruz, or maybe Powel, shit I don't know.  Either way, I don't think anybody has mentioned either of those three.

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #95 on: October 19, 2013, 08:15:42 PM »
This thread is interesting, I like to look at it in conjunction with "The Set-up Thread." If it wasn't for the "Weiner Wallet" thread, this would be number one. 

Anybody know where Sk8Mafia decks come from?  I'm going to go out on a limb, and without Google'n it, and say they are under the same distributor as Santa Cruz, or maybe Powel, shit I don't know.  Either way, I don't think anybody has mentioned either of those three.

Santa Cruz boards are made in China, Powell has their own wood shop in the US, sk8mafia is bareback I believe

El_JayDude

• Rep: -6
« Reply #96 on: October 19, 2013, 09:10:47 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Santa Cruz boards are made in China, Powell has their own wood shop in the US, sk8mafia is bareback I believe

Thanks breh.  Going to have to try one then, Bareback makes all DLX and Kayo boards and both those distributors are pretty highly praised when it comes to wood.

P.S. Mafia decks are distributed by Blitz who also does BlackLabel, LE, and Hookups.  Santa Cruz is under NHS and Powell is Skate one with just Bones...and Bones and mini-logo

KMAC

« Reply #97 on: October 23, 2013, 07:46:10 PM »
Yo i had an idea, someone should post any shops that use generator, pennswood, south central, chapman or any other legit good woodshops to press their boards, so that way we can still buy good boards if we cant afford the name brand at the time or some shit.

Hash Slinging Slasher

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2013, 06:30:24 AM »
Does Isle use Generator or Crailtap? It seems like people have been saying both just from looking around on here, or did they switch from CT to Generator?

Yo i had an idea, someone should post any shops that use generator, pennswood, south central, chapman or any other legit good woodshops to press their boards, so that way we can still buy good boards if we cant afford the name brand at the time or some shit.
My local shop gets there boards pressed by Syndrome (same as Birdhouse) and the one I rode seemed to be pretty good.

october

« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2013, 09:47:10 AM »

What kind of price are you looking for?

KMAC

« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2013, 10:03:50 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

anywhere from like 35-40 bucks, for niggas on da struggle

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2013, 12:24:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Go to a1skateboards.com and buy Think boards. Most of them are in that price range.

KMAC

« Reply #102 on: October 26, 2013, 08:25:08 AM »
shit like that ^

b.v.

« Reply #103 on: October 26, 2013, 08:29:31 AM »
My shop also uses generator, we even have shaped decks, graphics are always changing , the ones pictured are standard.
$35 w/grip
http://www.35thavenuestore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=32&zenid=4gkntup2v8747em75ih4fh7h25
Email with questions
[email protected]

KMAC

« Reply #104 on: October 26, 2013, 08:36:09 AM »
anyone know where sausage and fancy lad co make their boards?

october

« Reply #105 on: October 26, 2013, 10:53:21 AM »
I'll be doing another sale to move last season graphics. Should be well within your price range. Our boards are pressed by Pennswood.

Morty Seinfeld

« Reply #106 on: October 26, 2013, 11:22:00 AM »
anyone know where sausage and fancy lad co make their boards?

Fancy Lad is Chapman

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
  • sweet, man.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2013, 02:32:39 PM »
My shop also uses generator, we even have shaped decks, graphics are always changing , the ones pictured are standard.
$35 w/grip
http://www.35thavenuestore.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=32&zenid=4gkntup2v8747em75ih4fh7h25
Email with questions
[email protected]

are you guys by that arlington mall or which ever super mall in that area? i feel like i've been to a 35th near there. i gotta stop by one the next time i'm crossing the border.

EPetrov

• Rep: -30
« Reply #108 on: October 27, 2013, 10:24:20 PM »
Does anyone know what woodshop Life Extension is using? Ended up giving them a shot and love it, longest a board has lasted me, showing no signs of pressure cracks, chips etc.
took 3 months for tail to chip.4 months later & its still in one piece though.

b.v.

« Reply #109 on: October 28, 2013, 08:16:53 AM »
For A while we only sold 8-8.3 but this past year a bunch of guys started shopping here that ride 7.5-7.75
Kind of crazy but you gotta have what people want.

Bliz

• Rep: -35
« Reply #110 on: October 28, 2013, 04:56:34 PM »
Chapman up in NY makes Zoo York, Supreme, and WORD boards

october

« Reply #111 on: October 31, 2013, 01:43:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Just marked all of the boards down to $35. Trying to move them, and bring in the new series.

There is still a Slap member discount of %15 off. Discount code: SLAP

Boards pressed by Pennswood.

KMAC

« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2013, 07:13:07 PM »
noone knows where sausage gets their boards pressed?

october

« Reply #113 on: November 05, 2013, 09:10:46 AM »
Pretty sure they use South Central.

Young Satchel

• Rep: 19
« Reply #114 on: November 05, 2013, 03:39:14 PM »
Mood has Chapman boards on sale for 35 right now too. Lotta dudes on here seem to hate them and their graphics but I'm into that shit.

Not trying to compete with you October 😄 just given the "broke" boys some options

http://moodnyc.com/boards

KMAC

« Reply #115 on: November 05, 2013, 03:43:09 PM »

if someone could confirm on this id be stoked....also anyone notice chapman wood is great but the fucking concaves are just way too high? the only one that wasnt was hopps, but i heard they use the flattest mold available...

J.R.

• Rep: -38
« Reply #116 on: November 05, 2013, 04:13:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

if someone could confirm on this id be stoked....also anyone notice chapman wood is great but the fucking concaves are just way too high? the only one that wasnt was hopps, but i heard they use the flattest mold available...

I am riding a Chapman deck and I prefer flatter boards, try a Fancy Lad. Their shapes are flatter than the usual Chapman boards.

I'm glad Chapman got their act together, I remember when those boards were avoidable at all costs.

KMAC

« Reply #117 on: November 05, 2013, 04:36:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I am riding a Chapman deck and I prefer flatter boards, try a Fancy Lad. Their shapes are flatter than the usual Chapman boards.

I'm glad Chapman got their act together, I remember when those boards were avoidable at all costs.

would you say its about medium? cus the SHUT i had was ridiculously high..

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #118 on: November 19, 2013, 10:14:51 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

would you say its about medium? cus the SHUT i had was ridiculously high..

If you are looking for something a little more mellow, take a look at the Organika line (Generator/Bareback). My Quim and Ryan boards are actually flatter than any Crailtap board I've owned, and Crailtap are notoriously on the flatter side.

Speaking of Crailtap, anyone know where they're currently being pressed? I keep hearing all types of different info whether it's China or not, but I couldn't be happier with my recent Chocolate KA board. The wood has really held it's rigidity and pop.

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #119 on: November 19, 2013, 04:02:14 PM »
All Girl/Choco still pressed in China. 

If your looking for Chapman made Decks that aren't to steep try a RAW deck. 
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?