Author Topic: Amsterdam  (Read 911 times)

Choad Muskrat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Amsterdam
« on: August 01, 2012, 07:36:08 AM »
I'm going to be in Amsterdam for 4 days this fall, and wondering about any good spots or outdoor skate parks to check out.

I've done some poking around online, but I can't find much info about skating in Amsterdam.

I did find that bowl at Marnixstraat 111, that looks really fun and it's not even 2km from where I'm staying so I'll check that out for sure.
from google street view, drool

Also any recommendations for good coffee shops, bars or just fun things to do/see would be awesome, cheers.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
Re: Amsterdam
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2012, 07:01:32 AM »
That bowl is awesome, i think theres an indoor park called area 51 or something like that.

As for stuff to check out, there are street spots all over the place, but you can pop into a skateshop called Ben-G if you want to know exact locations etc. Nice little shop too.

There are only two coffee shops that i recomend as a "must see" which are grey area and hill street blues, always go to these two as the first thing i do.

Have fun man, and dont try skating that bowl in the rain, gets super slippy

the goat cheese of Mendes

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2012, 07:55:13 AM »
When I used to live there last year, I was most of the time skating this bowl.
But as Finknoos said, don't try it in the rain, or even if it is just a bit wet because of the canal close by.

Also, there is this nice d.i.y "ghetto-park", about 5mn in bike, from the bowl if you get bored.

http://goo.gl/maps/9VTyF

And for the 'fun' part, check for Paradiso, Melkweg or OT 301. Always great bands playing there.
Or if you are into punk/hardcore/metal..., check 'occii' onAmstelveenseweg for cheap gigs.

I don't remember lots of places' name but have fun!

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2012, 08:25:32 AM »
Thanks guys! Can't wait and I'll def check out those coffee shops and bars you guys recommended. That ghetto park actually looks like tons of fun too. Don't worry I won't skate it in the rain, I don't skate anything in the rain I'm not on that Pat Duffy hero type shit these days :P