Author Topic: Shaun White in London, campaigning for Skateboarding in Olympics  (Read 26079 times)

Magic Pizza

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 175
Re: Shaun White in London, campaigning for Skateboarding in Olympics
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2012, 01:11:21 PM »
I'd say helmet until rat 'stache comes in, but I don't have kids.

sigurd

• Rep: -2
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2012, 01:24:41 PM »
Joke?

Liam Baker

• Rep: -50
« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2012, 01:33:49 PM »
Wait wait wait. Another reason not to have skating in the US: The same 3 countries would always win. 1st would always be U.S, that lineup would be fucking killer. 2nd would be Australia, they've got a good thing going as well. And last would be France or something because cliche kills. So it's sort of pointless.
fuck

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2012, 05:28:25 PM »
or Canada, or Brazil... Still pointless.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Cadillac Ranch Dressing

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 476
« Reply #94 on: August 03, 2012, 09:18:31 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Imagine if this had caught on? @ 1:48 Just picture 100 people doing this together.

Edit: Ha! I just saw this in the comments for this video (all of them are hilarious) and I have to wonder, this sounds an awful lot like HATE! she's describing...

Expand Quote
Yes, my husband's skateboard. He doesn't have a paper route, but he does have a 10-year military career in progress and a successful side business of art for skateboards. Obviously not as awesome as a paper route.
Heather Physioc in reply to foodiedave (Show the comment) 6 months ago
[close]
[close]

Ha! She is!
[close]

fuck yeah, miss HATE! rules.
[close]

Hahaha!  She showed me that video, but I didn't know about the comments.  I'm blessed with a wife that totally supports skateboarding and urges me to get out there more than I already do.  We've been having a difference of opinion on helmets and skateboarding in regards to our future potential children.  Any of you Slap parents have this conversation with your spouses?
[close]

Helmets are good until you are good enough,  they give you confidence. I never wore one, but I'd make my kids.
[close]

That's kinda where we're at, and I agree, but we're also trying to figure out the whole "lead by example" thing.  Who fucking knows though, we may have kids that think skateboarding is lame.  And after constantly seeing the state of affairs we wonder if we should even be having kids.
I'm sure there are camps that can cure that.
"I got a fever and the only prescription is more Cadillac Ranch Dressing." - Jereme Rogers

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1002
« Reply #95 on: August 03, 2012, 10:23:33 PM »

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #96 on: August 04, 2012, 08:56:05 AM »
Could somebody please just put a bullet in this fucker and make an end to all his bullshit?

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #97 on: August 05, 2012, 07:32:10 AM »
I REALLY want him to end up on a shampoo or conditioner commercial.

"Apply gingerly."

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #98 on: August 05, 2012, 08:16:21 AM »
Expand Quote
I REALLY want him to end up on a shampoo or conditioner commercial.
[close]

"Apply gingerly."

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

Dominic Hynard

• Rep: -5
« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2012, 01:11:46 PM »
Hey guys.

I was reading this wiki article on the first person to win snowboard halfpipe in the 1998 Olympics. He won gold but got disqualified for testing positive for THC (Marijuana). But he then got the decision overturned because marijuana isn't on the list of banned substances, because it isn't performance enhancing.

Just found it relevant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Rebagliati

TL;DR - Marijuana isn't banned substance.

Upgrayedd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 446
  • Fuck Tom Knox
« Reply #100 on: August 05, 2012, 01:52:55 PM »
Nothing about Shawn White is relevant. Get the fuck out of here.

Slap Gravitational Waveboarding Magazine:
"We can't do it yet, but when we can it'll be sick."
-grim

Money Black

• Rep: 4
« Reply #101 on: August 05, 2012, 09:40:16 PM »
Hey guys.

I was reading this wiki article on the first person to win snowboard halfpipe in the 1998 Olympics. He won gold but got disqualified for testing positive for THC (Marijuana). But he then got the decision overturned because marijuana isn't on the list of banned substances, because it isn't performance enhancing.

Just found it relevant.

its definitely banned in the olympics...

If skateboarding was in the olympics, the skaters(willing to enter) would know its a banned substance and not smoke it, it wouldn't be an issue.

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #102 on: August 06, 2012, 01:04:49 PM »
Homeboy White has Chris Brown on his side...

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #103 on: August 06, 2012, 01:20:49 PM »
Hey guys.

Just found it relevant.

It wasn't halfpipe it was giant slalom

foureyedjim

« Reply #104 on: August 06, 2012, 01:57:47 PM »
Homeboy White has Chris Brown on his side...

THinK

ratherwatch

« Reply #105 on: August 11, 2012, 03:19:51 PM »
I was once at a meeting where an IOC rep got up and started talking about the when- not -ifs about skating in the olympics like it was a fait accompli meaning: if you don't play ball, we'll find the corniest sell out motherfucker amongst you and just call them the roots connect, it won't matter a fuck to hank and judy in Green Bay how legit the big jumps and whoop di doos are.
Every major hardgoods and shoe manu was there rapt with attention until Ian Deacon from Flip stood up and asked if it was true that Ben Johnson's lawyer was now running the dope testing for the IOC (Ben Johnson is synonymous with modern doping in track and field athletics). That kind of shitcanned things but you can bet your buns the 'big skateboarding is best skateboarding' cartel were right on it.
 Even over here in Britain the 'fully legit posse' were forming themselves into governing body/ charities (which don't govern anything or do any charitable work) just to be there with their hands out when the benificence came. God bless Baker, Flip and all the rest of them for retaining that frisson of unpalatable danger which keeps skating out for now and all those fucking background goons away from their dream of being regional selector. It's the enemy within not without we need to worry about.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1002
« Reply #106 on: August 11, 2012, 04:55:10 PM »
I was once at a meeting where an IOC rep got up and started talking about the when- not -ifs about skating in the olympics like it was a fait accompli meaning: if you don't play ball, we'll find the corniest sell out motherfucker amongst you and just call them the roots connect, it won't matter a fuck to hank and judy in Green Bay how legit the big jumps and whoop di doos are.
Every major hardgoods and shoe manu was there rapt with attention until Ian Deacon from Flip stood up and asked if it was true that Ben Johnson's lawyer was now running the dope testing for the IOC (Ben Johnson is synonymous with modern doping in track and field athletics). That kind of shitcanned things but you can bet your buns the 'big skateboarding is best skateboarding' cartel were right on it.
 Even over here in Britain the 'fully legit posse' were forming themselves into governing body/ charities (which don't govern anything or do any charitable work) just to be there with their hands out when the benificence came. God bless Baker, Flip and all the rest of them for retaining that frisson of unpalatable danger which keeps skating out for now and all those fucking background goons away from their dream of being regional selector. It's the enemy within not without we need to worry about.

Truancy

• Rep: 7
  • GFC lifestyle
« Reply #107 on: August 11, 2012, 05:23:41 PM »
Some Italian just got disqualified for THC in his urine.

Let's be honest here, everyone talks over their keyboard, but do you have any public figures you would ACTUALLY beat the shit out of? If you just saw them walking around your city and saw them enter a dimly lit alleyway sans bodyguard, who you would honestly fuck up?

I'd saw Daniel Tosh. Maybe Shaun White. It has to be someone you just dislike as a person: their soul, not just their public persona. Anybody else have a similar list?
Man enough to carry cuffs
Man enough to stand trial

I Can't Think

• Rep: 31
« Reply #108 on: August 11, 2012, 07:22:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Shaun White:

[close]

WTF?!  What is this from?!
[close]

Workaholics S03E05 "Good Mourning".  Goddam good show.

The character Blake also references skateboarding when he says "Blaker has a deathwish". 

Thank you for that image, it will now be my little under picture... thing...

Dominic Hynard

• Rep: -5
« Reply #109 on: August 12, 2012, 04:40:56 PM »
If we are going to have skating in the olympics. Can it at least be the death-races they do at CPH. Then we can atleast witness Busenitz destroy everyone....

foureyedjim

« Reply #110 on: August 12, 2012, 06:35:40 PM »

Let's be honest here, everyone talks over their keyboard, but do you have any public figures you would ACTUALLY beat the shit out of? If you just saw them walking around your city and saw them enter a dimly lit alleyway sans bodyguard, who you would honestly fuck up?

I'd saw Daniel Tosh. Maybe Shaun White. It has to be someone you just dislike as a person: their soul, not just their public persona. Anybody else have a similar list?

I'd beat the shit out of nobody.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #111 on: August 12, 2012, 08:12:32 PM »
If we are going to have skating in the olympics. Can it at least be the death-races they do at CPH. Then we can atleast witness Busenitz destroy everyone....

The only way I would be interested is if they re-purpose that gigantic tube they built for the large hadron collider into a huge, transition walled death-race course. The first one to make it around once (while dodging stray sub-atomic bits and small black holes) gets the gold medal and a signed Shaun White brand scooter device. Competitors would of course be attired in EXTREME skin tight light suits a la tron.

Truancy

• Rep: 7
  • GFC lifestyle
« Reply #112 on: August 12, 2012, 08:57:56 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I'd beat the shit out of nobody.
Morally I feel like Daniel Tosh needs an asskicking. I've only watched his show once: I just turn on the TV and he's making fun of a straight-up disabled dude. He's got some gnarly skin condition and he's just making jokes. That's something I would consider shitty in private conversation; he profits from this?
Man enough to carry cuffs
Man enough to stand trial

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #113 on: August 13, 2012, 12:04:53 AM »
i didn't read anything in this topic, but i'm sure some bros went though the same thing before they introduced snowboarding into the olympics. bottom line for me is, they can put it in there and i sure as shit don't give a fuck. i'll still be at some spot struggling to re-learn some shit i did eight years ago.

AfterEight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -81
« Reply #114 on: August 13, 2012, 03:23:54 PM »
fuck all of you. You're so fucking core you can't see past your own bullshit. Skateboarding in the Olympics would be FUCKING AWESOME.

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2012, 03:35:12 PM »
fuck all of you. You're so fucking core you can't see past your own bullshit. Skateboarding in the Olympics would be FUCKING AWESOME.

I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Spike Hawke

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2012, 03:55:11 PM »
Think its got more chance of being in the Paralympics. Already on 4 wheels and most skaters are atleast 40% regular. Never go full person though

HairyCunt

• Rep: -348
« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2012, 04:45:31 PM »
Think its got more chance of being in the Paralympics. Already on 4 wheels and most skaters are atleast 40% regular. Never go full person though

HAHAHAH

Salty Lame Ass Poosey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -265
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #118 on: September 03, 2018, 10:12:57 AM »
Dude didn’t qualify in his first bowl competition. Is skating Halfpipe and bowls that big of a difference at that caliber?

https://olympics.nbcsports.com/2018/09/03/shaun-white-skateboard/
Skateboarding don't owe you shit but wheel bite in the rain -Jake Pheps

essal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #119 on: September 03, 2018, 10:32:56 AM »
Dude didn’t qualify in his first bowl competition. Is skating Halfpipe and bowls that big of a difference at that caliber?
do u even sk8 bro