Author Topic: DAEWON RESIGNS WITH DVS  (Read 16665 times)

Officer Stinkah

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 1
Re: DAEWON RESIGNS WITH DVS
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2012, 07:14:25 PM »
his new shoe ain't bad, i guess 13th time's the charm?

RaptorKillah

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2012, 07:17:42 PM »
When DVS fails again I could see him on Adidas

Particleboard Penguin

• Rep: 10
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2012, 07:20:44 PM »
I don't think it matters honestly, would he be able to pick up another sponsor? I mean sure you would think "it's fucking Daewon!" but its a different world now. DVS has always sucked, they've never had good shoes despite have a good team in the past. I just wish Daewon would quit skating shit that noone can relate to and just take his skill and do really clean basic shit, instead of ridiculous circus tricks on trees and rocks.

I think you're missing the entire point of Daewon

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2012, 08:00:14 PM »
DA FUCK ITS SEQUENTIAL BRAND GROUP?

impressed torey still on dvs, or not?

marshalbanana

• Rep: -7
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2012, 08:59:24 PM »
The captains gotta go with the ship.

Snowman

• Rep: -21
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2012, 09:18:12 PM »
DVS is a good company that put out a really good skate video of some of the best dudes in skateboarding. Supporting a lot of great skaters that then went on and were offered bigger paychecks.  Kind of like eS.  Maybe if it goes under they might have some good stuff on ebay too.  NIKE SB 4 LIFE

Liam Baker

• Rep: -50
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2012, 09:42:04 PM »
Daewon fits on DVS, but if he signed to Lakai, they'd pretty much be on the same level as Nike when it comes to amazing teams. Dude kills, he could probably go anywhere.
fuck

Joust Ostrich

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 664
  • Speculatnaciousness?
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2012, 09:45:31 PM »
DVS is a good company that put out a really good skate video of some of the best dudes in skateboarding. Supporting a lot of great skaters that then went on and were offered bigger paychecks.  Kind of like eS.  Maybe if it goes under they might have some good stuff on ebay too.  NIKE SB 4 LIFE

Dear Jerry Reed,
This post is fucking stupid. 
Tell Fred I said 'hey'.
I'm posting from my blackberry wtf?!?!?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2012, 10:43:44 PM »
It would be strange for DVS to continue without him. Isn't the name of the company his full initials? Maybe someone mentioned this but I am too lazy to read the whole thread.

I think it stands for DeViouS
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Shamalamalon

• Rep: -14
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2012, 12:57:57 AM »
Expand Quote
It would be strange for DVS to continue without him. Isn't the name of the company his full initials? Maybe someone mentioned this but I am too lazy to read the whole thread.
[close]

Yeah Gavin always says that the letters have no meaning at all which makes me think for sure it stands for devious and he's too embarrassed these days to say that...
[URL=http://s109.

Commercial D

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -670
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2012, 02:13:32 AM »
I just wish Daewon would quit skating shit that noone can relate to and just take his skill and do really clean basic shit, instead of ridiculous circus tricks on trees and rocks.

It's ok... you probably weren't even alive in 1996.
Skate videos have been downhill ever since 411VM #20

noileum

• Rep: 29
« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2012, 03:26:58 AM »
dude shows some loyalty and then gets dissed

odd that people also diss those that jump ship to the swoosh as well

can't win in this fucking place.

props to Daewon, loyalty still means something to the OG's.  Who the fuck cares what trucks you ride when they're as loose as he has them :-)

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2012, 04:48:53 AM »
i thought DVS went under.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2012, 06:55:15 AM »
Matix is Dae Wons company through poduim, so if he didn't re-sign i'm sure he'd also lose Matix. A lot of times when companies start to go down like this they'll offer a guy like Daewon a partnership deal, which he probbaly has very little to lose on cuz if the company tanks he'll end up Globe
just a few months further down the line.
Everyone loves this dude but i doubt he has a lot of choices, most shoe brands aren't doing that well so they are probably focusing keeping the riders they have happy and i just don't see Nike which seems to have a ton of money wanting someone like Daewon

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2012, 07:15:59 AM »
And then in another thread you'll all going to bitch about someone not being loyal ...

I've skated numerous great DVS shoes, it's not their fault you inbred red-necks can't resist picking a boot witch laces when given the choice.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2012, 09:36:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Yeah Gavin always says that the letters have no meaning at all which makes me think for sure it stands for devious and he's too embarrassed these days to say that...
You are probably all right. I remember hearing that it stood for Daewon Vo Song, but then again I probably shouldn't believe information I picked up when I was 12.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2012, 10:07:22 AM »
And then in another thread you'll all going to bitch about someone not being loyal ...

right. cuz theres only one account on slap and if one person voices an opinion, its clearly the opinion of everyone

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2012, 12:06:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
You are probably all right. I remember hearing that it stood for Daewon Vo Song, but then again I probably shouldn't believe information I picked up when I was 12.
Deep Valley Shoes?
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1488
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2012, 01:42:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

right. cuz theres only one account on slap and if one person voices an opinion, its clearly the opinion of everyone

There is a lot of hate in this thread, not just one post. Dude doesn't jump shit at every opportunity, that just being a good friend - I'm pretty sure he gets paid good money, while still being a genuine skate rat. There's not a lot of PROs who can claim that.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 999
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2012, 01:58:03 PM »
I'm glad he doesn't jump shit too.

macgruber

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
  • Just Tell Me What You Want Me To FUUUUUUCK
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2012, 03:53:37 PM »
Matix is Dae Wons company through poduim, so if he didn't re-sign i'm sure he'd also lose Matix. A lot of times when companies start to go down like this they'll offer a guy like Daewon a partnership deal, which he probbaly has very little to lose on cuz if the company tanks he'll end up Globe
just a few months further down the line.
Everyone loves this dude but i doubt he has a lot of choices, most shoe brands aren't doing that well so they are probably focusing keeping the riders they have happy and i just don't see Nike which seems to have a ton of money wanting someone like Daewon

Westlife bought Matix from Sequential Brands, so DVS and Matix aren't tied together any more from what I understand.
http://www.boardistan.com/?p=31275

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2012, 07:45:33 PM »

Actually, his last couple of shoes have looked pretty good.

ramplocal

• Rep: 62
  • poser
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2012, 10:09:19 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Actually, his last couple of shoes have looked pretty good.

i am skating his 12ers and they run abt a half size bigger than they shld but skate really well,very comfortable

Pike St

« Reply #53 on: August 08, 2012, 10:30:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah I was always under the impression DVS is someone's initials. I thought it was donna vanessa song, I swear I read that in like a big brother mag years ago in an interview where he is talking about starting matix, but I could be completely wrong. I know the interview exists, it might be big brother, I'm not sure.

ramplocal

• poser
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2012, 12:24:23 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

Yeah I was always under the impression DVS is someone's initials. I thought it was donna vanessa song, I swear I read that in like a big brother mag years ago in an interview where he is talking about starting matix, but I could be completely wrong. I know the interview exists, it might be big brother, I'm not sure.

its stands for DeViouS
56 seconds in

Pike St

« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2012, 12:44:24 AM »
I know it stands for devious.... I don't know why donna vanessa song is stuck in my head, maybe that is his mom's name or another relative. I swear this was in a skate mag, he might even have a tattoo of it, thought someone would know.

ramplocal

• poser
« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2012, 12:53:50 AM »
I know it stands for devious.... I don't know why donna vanessa song is stuck in my head, maybe that is his mom's name or another relative. I swear this was in a skate mag, he might even have a tattoo of it, thought someone would know.

word,yeah i remember hearing abt the donna vanessa song thing too so it def sounds familiar,i still have alot of older big brother magazines stashed somewhere,i wonder if it is in one of those interviews w daewon or something.

Lurkatron

« Reply #57 on: August 09, 2012, 01:03:56 AM »
Him, John Motta, and Louie need a shared part where they just skate weird shit, I'd buy it 3x

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2012, 05:52:42 AM »

I wish i could go back to the days before this internets where I was happy believing that even though "other opinions are available" with regards to any aspect of skating, ABSOLOUTLEY NOONE hated on Daewon.
I dont see how it's possible to hate his skating,vid parts etc, evertyhing I've seeen him put out has been enjoyable to watch, impressive and often refreshing
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

cliff

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 732
    • Sml. Wheels avatar image
« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2012, 10:07:10 AM »
Daewon is loyal, DVS is changing somethings for the good!!

Stop trying to hate on this type of shit and be hyped that one of the greatest skaters of all time will still be putting out amazing skateboarding for us all to enjoy because he has a shoe sponsor that will support him.