Author Topic: Ramen Noodles  (Read 11178 times)

victor333

Re: Ramen Noodles
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2012, 08:14:29 PM »
Trying to spice up and 'make HD' your ramen noodles is like putting lipstick on a pig...just sayin'

And I love how some of you are frontin' like you're broke as hell, but can afford Nikes and pro boards. You're not fooling anyone.

And I'm not trying to act all mightier-than-thou, but that shit really isn't good for you (I know. A lot of stuff isn't good for you). It's cheap, salty, and you like how it tastes; I can understand why you eat it. But I think you gotta come to a point and realize that when a sufficient part of your diet comes from Ramen, then something ain't right.

flame away. 

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2012, 08:34:45 PM »
Ramen Noodles are the shit how you gon come up in here & try to rain on the parade? no matter how logical you think you sound you're still just being a hater. sit the fuck down. also...

« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 08:36:17 PM by DaSk8D00D »

Perro Mojado

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 21
    • flickr avatar image
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2012, 08:35:01 PM »
Absolute best way to make your traditional Ramen Noodles.

put 2 Cups of bottled water ina pot on the stove, with the noodles inside of course

wait til the waters boiling to the point where the surface its about 75% bubbles

pour the water in your eating bowl (keep the noodles in the pot)

dump the lil flavoring shit in there & stir til the broth is a nice bold yellow

put the clump of noodles back in & mix em around a bit, maybe chop em up a lil bit with the side of the fork. use the fork cuz youll keep
the broth in there so everytime you eat the noodles they'll have a lot of flavor to them.

if you like the broth its much easier to drink when its made with bottled water. it has a much smoother taste to it.

it may sound like some basic shit but if you actually do it you'll see where im comin from. Ramen Noodles in HD nigga

man but wouldnt that beat the purpose of eating ramen, because the shit is cheap. and water bottle is like 0ne dollar

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 310
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2012, 10:47:12 PM »
i love my ramen noodles with a few drops of tapatio hot sauce
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

victor333

« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2012, 11:32:07 PM »
Ramen Noodles are the shit how you gon come up in here & try to rain on the parade? no matter how logical you think you sound you're still just being a hater. sit the fuck down. also...

I'm sorry I offended your sensibilities, good sir; I did not know you were such a sensitive and hot-headed young lad.

Would you like me to perform fellatio on you as atonement for my wrong-doings?

apad88

« Reply #35 on: March 07, 2012, 01:24:03 AM »
I fuck with that Beef flavor, and some Tapatio hot sauce.

Archers of Chaka

• Rep: -10
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #36 on: March 07, 2012, 07:22:20 AM »
Ate it for just about a month straight one time when I was having financial issues and by the end of that month I could barely even look at a thing of ramen noodles without feeling like I was gonna puke. I felt sick and weak that whole month. Couldn't eat ramen noodles for the longest time after that, but nowadays I can eat them again and still do from time to time. I alternated between the chicken and beef flavors. The shrimp flavor is grotesque.

filter

• Rep: 7
« Reply #37 on: March 07, 2012, 09:11:46 PM »
Expand Quote

put 2 Cups of bottled water ina pot on the stove, with the noodles inside of course

wait til the waters boiling to the point where the surface its about 75% bubbles

put the clump of noodles back in & mix em around a bit, maybe chop em up a lil bit with the side of the fork. use the fork cuz youll keep
the broth in there so everytime you eat the noodles they'll have a lot of flavor to them.

if you like the broth its much easier to drink when its made with bottled water. it has a much smoother taste to it.

it may sound like some basic shit but if you actually do it you'll see where im comin from. Ramen Noodles in HD nigga
[close]

man but wouldnt that beat the purpose of eating ramen, because the shit is cheap. and water bottle is like 0ne dollar
most bottled water is literally tap water in a bottle. so yes, it defeats the purpose and feeds a pointless industry

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2012, 10:18:18 PM »
what i was trying to say was that you should use purified water instead of typical tapwater.  if it were put through a filter that could work as well. bottled water is not the same water that comes out of the kitchen sink thats just stupid to say

David

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 27
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2012, 05:47:17 AM »
It does sound stupid to say doesn't it? What's real stupid is the fact that it's mostly true.

Anyway...

The Ramen Rater - "reviewing instant noodles for ten years"

http://www.ramenrater.com/

« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 06:05:55 PM by David »

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1060
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2012, 03:46:16 PM »
i was broke as fuck my last semester of college...

most of meals consisted of ramen, crackers, water and bookbag of stolen fruit from when i was able to eat at the cafeteria

thank you Ramen for being my primary source of substance for one of the toughest periods in my life, my you forever be cheap...

blankbutbranded

• Rep: 137
  • Scut Farkus homebwaye
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2012, 08:55:15 PM »
All homebouawye neccqua need to put some broccolis and chiccen cuh in it to boost libido.

cookieboy

• Rep: 10
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2012, 08:06:43 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

you dump that shit out when you open it.  cup noodles > top ramen

As a kid I would always have my mom make ramen and now I enjoy both.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2012, 05:41:58 PM »
victor you are a fucking faggot. get the fuck out of here. you are almost as bad as the other poster named victor

floop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -28
  • the things I do for my fucking friends!
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2012, 06:46:51 PM »

ramen is best enjoyed out of an eating bowl
"Every time I read one of your shitty posts I wonder why I am wasting my time looking at SLAP."

foureyedjim

« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2012, 11:28:42 PM »
1) maruchan is fucking nasty

2) if you ever get the spicy korean ramen (by nong shim), mix a raw egg in there, makes the soup awesome

3) Vic, who cares if it's unhealthy?  I'm pretty sure the whole point of instant noodles is for convenience lol.  Obviously it's not going to be most of our primary source of energy.  Shit, if it's 4 AM at night I'm not gonna whip together a shrimp jambalaya, I'm gonna go for that instant shit 'nameaann?

Ever since I ran out of my instant noodles though, I've been eating mass amounts of frozen udon mixed spinach and japanese fish balls.  For soup I use the run of the mill soup base (literally pour that shit into water and it's good).  Honestly doesn't take that much longer than instant noodles to make, and it's healthier.

trannies and mannies

« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2012, 01:49:53 PM »
I went out and bought a 12 pack of ramen because of this thread. Ran me approximately $2.39, and will probly last me a week.

foureyedjim

« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2012, 02:21:44 PM »
I went out and bought a 12 pack of ramen because of this thread. Ran me approximately $2.39, and will probly last me a week.

damn that's cheap.  the ramen I buy runs at almost a dollar per pack.  At least there's no MSG? lol

Snowman

• Rep: -21
« Reply #48 on: July 03, 2012, 04:33:11 PM »
best ever

TheNAC

• Rep: -26
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2012, 12:06:15 AM »
i know most people (myself included) just use regular tapwater but i was fuckin around on some high shit & made a bowl after boiling 2 cups of bottled water. it actually made a difference it felt more "pure" and the broth tastes alot better. its like Ramen Noodles in HD, if that makes sense
Yes bro, my mom's a freak about clean water and shit. She make her coffee with galons of water, and its just a habit now, but it makes the difference fo shooo

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2012, 01:13:23 AM »
It is 4 in the morning and this thread made me hungry as fuck for some ramen even though I was just fine entering this thread. Damn it. Time for some ramen.

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

pile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 183
  • sweet, man.
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2012, 10:30:09 AM »
do you guys have the brand mama noodles down there? those are the best ones you can get up here. although i would currently never eat them, i was on them a few times a week for a few years, and can appreciate a good ramen noodle.

ramplocal

• Rep: 62
  • poser
« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2012, 02:21:05 AM »
The best cheap food you can get at the grocery store thats gone always fill you up. you can get the 12 pack for like $2-3 nigga no wonder why its the hood favorite!

LOL i remember back in the day me and my roommate wld get the best weed,hydro,etc and wld eat ramen 4 times a week bc we wld splurge on weed and eat like hobos, chicken is the best for sure

Schmaltz

• Rep: -55
« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2012, 05:45:40 AM »
I like throwing an egg right into to broth and letting it cook in there, also adding frozen vegtables, soy sauce, sri racha, mushrooms and some spinach leafs.

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2012, 09:44:10 PM »
2) if you ever get the spicy korean ramen (by nong shim), mix a raw egg in there, makes the soup awesome
^That's the shit right there.
In Japan Demaeicho is that dank shit. Good soy sauce broth.

foureyedjim

« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2012, 12:02:58 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
^That's the shit right there.
In Japan Demaeicho is that dank shit. Good soy sauce broth.

Theres good instant ramen as long as you look.
Some of them even come with the "more authentic" noodle where it's actually yellow and has strength. 
Nothing worse than soft noodles...maybe AIDS, but soft noodles are pretty bad