Author Topic: Creation Welcomes Kenny Reed  (Read 8304 times)

s a d e

Re: Creation Welcomes Kenny Reed
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2012, 08:29:04 PM »
Rase Libre lost Deluxe a half million dollars? Rasa was my favorite when it came out and I feel as though I only had the chance to skate one or two boards before dlx ended it.

William Jefferson Clinton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -228
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2012, 08:46:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Magenta would've been way sicker, but I'm glad this guy has a board sponsor. Too bad about Rasa Libre being out of business. Matt Field should have never left Deluxe.
[close]

First off, Matt never left DLX, he was shown the door. Rasa Libre lost $500,000 for DLX. That's the reason it all ended there, plus Matt's relationship with Jim and Mic-e wasn't so good.

Bummed Kenny ended up on this fake company. I really expected him to end up on Magenta, but yeah, I guess he's not quite as cool with those guys as expected. As far as him slacking, that's for sure, he's definitely not the skater he was, but he's still sick and out there doing his own thing.
Rasa is still going strong, aren't they?

asakusa75

« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2012, 08:47:40 PM »
great, another company he won't do shit for.  his stuff in the iPath video was weak as fuck.

the hate only comes from absolute love.

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2012, 09:00:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Magenta would've been way sicker, but I'm glad this guy has a board sponsor. Too bad about Rasa Libre being out of business. Matt Field should have never left Deluxe.
[close]

First off, Matt never left DLX, he was shown the door. Rasa Libre lost $500,000 for DLX. That's the reason it all ended there, plus Matt's relationship with Jim and Mic-e wasn't so good.

Bummed Kenny ended up on this fake company. I really expected him to end up on Magenta, but yeah, I guess he's not quite as cool with those guys as expected. As far as him slacking, that's for sure, he's definitely not the skater he was, but he's still sick and out there doing his own thing.
[close]
Rasa is still going strong, aren't they?

They're out of business now.

I never heard a story about Rasa Libre losing that much money for DLX. I heard Matt left because of differences in how product was wanted to be made, like organic cotton and hemp in clothing, and things like that, and DLX wasn't into it beacuse it was a bit more expensive, so Matt broke out on his own and tried to do shit his own way. Any sources for what your story about Rasa Libre? Also, if Matt Field's relationship with Mic-E and Jim T wasn't so good, then why would they have given him the chance to start the company under Deluxe in the first place?

Pike St

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2012, 09:07:54 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

So deluxe invested $500,000 all together into rasa libre, and when deluxe canned the company, they lost their investment, and wrote it off as a $500,000 loss because rasa libre brought them no profit? So the 500k went no where basically. Is that what you are saying? Or did something else happen?

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2012, 11:12:03 PM »
^how come you type legibly here but otherwise its garbled bullshit?

kenny reed after 7 year glitch is a photo only skater
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Box of Frogs

• Rep: 7
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2012, 12:40:46 AM »
Kenny Reed is amazing

Erica's boyfriend is stealing our erica and our dylan! fuck that guy!

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2012, 04:38:00 AM »
kenny reed after 7 year glitch is a photo only skater

this is pretty much spot on  :-[

i love his skating, but he has long lost the grace he once had.

natenola forever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 118
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2012, 07:05:43 AM »
I dont think that was Matt Fields choice, i dont think they offered him a spot anywhere else after Rasa went under.