Author Topic: ROMNEY V. OBAMA  (Read 72299 times)

chockfullofthat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
Re: ROMNEY V. OBAMA
« Reply #570 on: November 09, 2012, 01:54:49 PM »
^Have to agree with weedpop.

dude

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #571 on: November 09, 2012, 02:05:15 PM »
Portions of the right wing are really taking Romney's loss hard. And I love it.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
  • tiger style
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #572 on: November 09, 2012, 05:31:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Dems will definitely not win in 2016.???  Obama was an unbeatable character. Who do they have on the horizon Hillary? Also, Obama's re-election was hardly a ringing endorsement, if it was a landslide it would be different. After 8 years people will be sick of the Democrats.???  Anyway, Rubio would be good for the GOP, young, latino, from Florida. David Petraeus would be too.??? 

The primaries hurt Romney, really he is more liberal than Clinton.

[close]

what planet do you live on? how is 206 to 330 close? silver called that shit with an 86% probability of obama winning and he got 50 out of 50 states right in this election and 49 out of 50 right in the last election. i wasn't even sweating it when i went to bed because it was obviously going to be a landslide. i didn't see a single person who thought romney was favored to win who didn't work for fox or wasn't in the republican party. romney got creamed any way you dice it. the pundents were only making it seem close so people would watch. i thought only idiots were falling for that shit, well, now that i think about it, i still feel that way about it.
[close]

Why are you citing electoral college numbers and probabilities as evidence of a landslide victory? The margin of difference in the popular vote is only like 2% or so. I know that's not how you select a president but the term landslide implies a vast majority of people voted for Obama....52% is not a vast majority.
[close]

how would the term landslide not apply when obama won almost a 40% margin in the only metric that matters? and when the most accurate statistician on the planet had him favored to win with 86% probability and sucessfully predicted all 50 states results? romney got crushed in everyway that mattered and was obviously aware of this as he was feverishly campanging while the voting was going on while obama had been chilling. dude got stomped. the fact that half the population lives in red states doesn't change the fact that most of the votes that matter don't. and it will only get worst for the republicans. they will have to change course now. but the conservative party is in a state of perpetual change so that nothing new. they have to change because their position is clinging to the past but that has no impact on the innevitability of the future.
[close]

This post election chest beating is pathetic. If America had a more rationalized voting system you would not be able to make these claims. I know if feels good to root root for the home team but if you can honestly look at a 2% margin in popular vote and call that a 'landslide', you are just as deluded as the republicans who though Mitt was a lock to win this election.

yeah you got me pegged man. i voted bush in 2000 and have talked so many times on here about how i want to vote republican in 2016. i'm an independent and i work building software that uses the same techniques as silver at my work for the medical industry to predict all kinds of things. forgive me if things are obvious to me that aren't obvious to you. but romney got slayed. no two ways about it. it wasn't close by any important metric. having a higher voting density in red states doesn't mean anything.

you also seem to be ignoring that the amount of people who voted is 50 million when we have over 300 million in the country. there are lots of ways to analyze this, but only one that matters.

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #573 on: November 09, 2012, 07:47:49 PM »
Dems will definitely not win in 2016.  Obama was an unbeatable character. Who do they have on the horizon Hillary? Also, Obama's re-election was hardly a ringing endorsement, if it was a landslide it would be different. After 8 years people will be sick of the Democrats.  Anyway, Rubio would be good for the GOP, young, latino, from Florida. David Petraeus would be too. 

The primaries hurt Romney, really he is more liberal than Clinton.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/09/david-petraeus-resigns-cia-director-affair_n_2103094.html
I wonder how the cunt kiss of death will ruin Rubio . . .

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #574 on: November 09, 2012, 10:23:10 PM »
  Romney got slayed and so did the republican party in the house and senate (relatively). Its not a statistical landslide but it definitely was an election that republicans shouldve had in the bag that slipped out of their hands with relative ease. You can rationalize all you want but the fact of the matter is that when it counted, republicans lost. If it wasnt for all the redistricting their losses wouldve been way more severe.

The demographics are changing, their platform is not organic, its not driven by the reality around them and their economic policies are increasingly irresponsible. The only thing they can reliably get people to agree on is conservative social values and thats not working anymore. Is it any wonder that the number of independents increased? Its because there were former republicans who want nothing to do with the current incarnation of the party. Its over. They have to become a party of center right moderate conservatives or lose all credibility.

PS:  2014 is not going to be easier and trying to pander to colored people with jindal and rubio isnt going to work. They'll lose 2016 for the same reasons. If Hillary ran in against jeb bush or rubio she'd be strapon fucking them in the ass for an entire year and then shit on their faces in november after she won.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 156
« Reply #575 on: November 10, 2012, 02:45:11 AM »
I don't know because I don't pay that close attention, but I heard someone say tonight: : "How is it, that a congress with a 10% approval rating gets everyone re-elected? America is weird.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

thepman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -94
« Reply #576 on: November 10, 2012, 03:35:21 AM »
  Romney got slayed and so did the republican party in the house and senate (relatively). Its not a statistical landslide but it definitely was an election that republicans shouldve had in the bag that slipped out of their hands with relative ease. You can rationalize all you want but the fact of the matter is that when it counted, republicans lost. If it wasnt for all the redistricting their losses wouldve been way more severe.

The demographics are changing, their platform is not organic, its not driven by the reality around them and their economic policies are increasingly irresponsible. The only thing they can reliably get people to agree on is conservative social values and thats not working anymore. Is it any wonder that the number of independents increased? Its because there were former republicans who want nothing to do with the current incarnation of the party. Its over. They have to become a party of center right moderate conservatives or lose all credibility.

PS:  2014 is not going to be easier and trying to pander to colored people with jindal and rubio isnt going to work. They'll lose 2016 for the same reasons. If Hillary ran in against jeb bush or rubio she'd be strapon fucking them in the ass for an entire year and then shit on their faces in november after she won.

great analogy haha
skating is all about choosing your outfit very deliberately, going out in public. looking super sick. and then riding your board a little bit

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
« Reply #577 on: November 10, 2012, 08:25:08 AM »
Thank you for mentioning Bobby... he's worse that Rick Scott and Scott Walker combined, but we never got the news coverage because Louisiana isn't a swing state. He's trotted around by the Republicans as a braniac but he's been a miserable failure with every appointment and election he's ever had (I've seen the damage first hand). He's about to be head of the Republican Governor's Association... unfuckingbelievable. Even Republicans here in the state hate him now. If he ran for national office he'd lose the state.

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #578 on: November 10, 2012, 09:10:46 AM »
I don't know because I don't pay that close attention, but I heard someone say tonight: : "How is it, that a congress with a 10% approval rating gets everyone re-elected? America is weird.

It's because many of the districts are gerrymandered into safe districts with populations that vote heavily for one party or the other. Unless they're total fuck ups the incumbent almost always wins the primary, which means a lot of people would have to vote against their party for them to lose the general election. Its everybody else's congressmen that sucks.

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #579 on: November 10, 2012, 02:15:27 PM »
Honestly neither major party shares my views. The Democrats are basically Reagan era Republicans with a few exceptions, and Republicans sound more and more like Franco fascists with few exceptions.
They are both owned by major corporations, sadly nothing will change as long as we allow money to buy and sell elections.
I am glad president Obama won just because Mitt Romney fucking terrifies me, but at the end of the day president Obama is a just a puppet, he could do some real change if he wanted to and now that he won re-election I hope he does, but I am not holding my breath.

TheFreshSC

« Reply #581 on: November 12, 2012, 07:31:33 PM »
have you heard about this?

http://www.chron.com/news/article/Texas-secession-petition-grows-on-White-House-4030870.php

immediately after the election somebody made a petition for texas to secede from the union and it already has more than 35,000 signatures

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #582 on: November 12, 2012, 07:51:21 PM »
Too bad Texas's rights to secede we're taken away from them after the Civil War.