Author Topic: Bilbao/Algorta/La Kantera  (Read 2821 times)

Frank

• Mods
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
Bilbao/Algorta/La Kantera
« on: August 10, 2012, 05:53:07 AM »
i'm going there with my girlfriend in october. if anyone on here lives there, likes to meet up or simply share stories or insight about that place
it would be much appreciated.

HeavyweightLurker

• Rep: -31
Re: Bilbao/Algorta/La Kantera
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2012, 02:58:31 PM »
i'm going there with my girlfriend in october. if anyone on here lives there, likes to meet up or simply share stories or insight about that place
it would be much appreciated.

its all the same La Kantera Skatepark is in Algorta and Algorta is an Part of Bilbao?

But its great- go there - Thursday evening is usually a good session.

Visit http://www.zutskateparks.com/ for skateparks in the greater area around Bilbao.
Bilbao have a lot of good parks + streetspots.
If you go with your lady, the Beach in La Kantera and around Bilbao my wife was not so impressed.
You see industrie or its crowded.
Go one hour west in the direction of Santander to Somo especially Langre / Galizano beaches are really nice
in october with a little luck you are alone with your girl there.

In Somo and Santander are also good skateparks.
Enjoy your time, in my point of view the north of spain is one of the best places to go in europe.

S.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
    • Fotos avatar image
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2012, 03:15:48 PM »
I was there last summer. La Kantera is amazing. One of my favorite parks ever. It looks kind of old an rugged but it is really smooth for the most part. We stayed for three days just because it was so nice. Somo and Santander are real good too. There is also an indoor skatepark if it rains, which is run by really nice people. http://lifeskatepark.com/  The bowl in San Sebastian not very good, but that town is probably really good to visit with your girlfriend. Cool city center and nice architecture and beach. Plus it has some fun street spots if you don't get kicked out. Bilbao has got good street spots as well.

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2012, 03:58:45 PM »
Been to Bilbao once, it has some wobbles as street spots and good stairs. The parks are really good, some pools are pretty rough though. Don't forget your hat/ sun cream while skating haha
You also should go to Gehry's Guggenheim Museum.
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2012, 05:51:25 PM »
thanks for all the helpful replies everyone! now i only need to learn some basic potuguese.

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2012, 07:18:50 PM »
Why would you learn Portuguese when you're going to Spain?

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2012, 07:21:47 PM »
THEY SPEAK MEXICAN

DonSimon

• Rep: 2
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 07:57:00 AM »
Besides going to Guggenheim itself, that area is also pretty good for street skating. There's a fun manny pad which ends in a three stair and there are a couple of ledge spots, too. It's all near the river, if you take a walk along that you'll probably find them.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2012, 06:14:42 AM »
Why would you learn Portuguese when you're going to Spain?

ha ha, you're right. i was probably high as fuck...  ::)

edit:

do a lot of people still speak basque/euskara? maybe i should rather learn a few lines of that?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2012, 06:17:02 AM by Frank »

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2012, 10:41:24 AM »
Everyone in the Basque country speaks Euskara, but it's seriously a fucked up language to try and get a hold on. You'll be fine without Euskara - everyone speaks normal Castillian Spanish as well.

Also, in my opinion the street spots are great there if you get a chance to roll around. There are a bunch of amazing spots there from videos that people always assume are Barcelona. If you like skating street, the embarcadero in Bilbao is one of the best spots I've ever been to.

Also, I agree about the Guggenheim. Totally worth it and the surrounding area is very picturesque as well.