Author Topic: STF shapes  (Read 2254 times)

clamy

• Rep: 81
STF shapes
« on: September 05, 2012, 12:13:37 AM »

Does anyone pay attention to the different shapes Bones have? I remember having one pair that looked really wide once they had worn down, I guess they were the v4s. With mail order being my only option I've ended up with a pair of those plastic looking STFs once, aswell. I assume v1s are similar to Spitfire Classics in shape?

Before I just used to get whatever was in 54mm, white with a plain/minimal graphic. I'm going to take notice now and probably just stick to either v1 or v3.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 12:16:03 AM by clamy »

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -39
    • WEEKEND skateboards
Re: STF shapes
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 12:18:09 AM »
I like the V3's best
I've hated immigrants ever since I got here.

the snake

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 335
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 03:24:59 AM »
I have the V2 and they're perfect
could have take the V3 but the rolling surface was badly centered on them, you can see that on the pic above if you have a good look...

Firebert

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -39
    • WEEKEND skateboards
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 06:46:59 AM »
I'm about to throw on a new set that are v3. I bought them before I knew about the shapes. I'm thinking I'll like those the best, too; not too thin but thin enough.

Have you found them to grip well enough even though they're not labelled as versatile?

It makes sense now hearing stories of people flatspotting them. I think I've been riding v1 or v4 for the past few years because I've never flatspotted a pair, and they've all lasted a long ass time.

Perfect for street, not for big cement parks , I slid out a couple times hauling ass on those. Still love em for the plazas
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 08:07:57 AM by Firebert »
I've hated immigrants ever since I got here.

LoserMachine

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 06:47:30 AM »
V1, V4 FTW

MFS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65507
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 07:45:19 AM »
Ive been running the v3 for quite some time. Best wheels out!

Moe

• Rep: 1
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 03:27:16 AM »
rode v1 before, now ordered v3 in 52mm, because i wanted to have a superlight board (hollow indys)
v3 seem to look like standard wheels to me, but with the stf slide ability

Archers of Chaka

• Rep: -10
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 05:16:00 AM »
Had the v1's and v4's, liked em both.
Had the v2's and didn't like em as much because the bearings would pop out of the bearing seat super easily if i were to accidentally land a trick primo. Not sure if anyone else has this problem, but it always seems to happen with v2's

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -122
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2012, 06:13:49 AM »
mine must be v4's because everyone keeps commenting on them being wider than their STF's ha.
they are the best wheels Ive ever bought or skated in my life

Skateboarding: come for the fun...stay for the drama.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -285
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2012, 05:30:11 PM »
I didn't know they came in different shapes.my last two pairs were stf and I feel a massive difference from momentum/zero wheels I used to ride.I only really skate tranny too, I slipped out the first couple days but now I feel like I never wanna try another kind of wheels again.they are the best(that I've tried)
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

foureyedjim

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 115
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2012, 01:24:36 AM »
aside from the V2's which don't have enough surface area, which wheels do you guys prefer for transition?

I'm slowly getting back into transition, and I'm pretty sure it's just me sucking, but I wonder which shape would help me lock onto the coping better...

foureyedjim

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2012, 11:15:46 AM »
aside from the V2's which don't have enough surface area, which wheels do you guys prefer for transition?

I'm slowly getting back into transition, and I'm pretty sure it's just me sucking, but I wonder which shape would help me lock onto the coping better...

This is what I want to know. Probably v1 or v4. V4s are wider, though, so you won't lock in as good. I've got v1s now and I never slip out skating transition, everything locks in fine. I'm a bit worried about these v3s, though.

woah...off topic for a bit, but when were spf (skatepark formula) wheels for bones harder than stf's?
I never checked because I didn't really care to buy park wheels but:

I never minded the "plasticy" feeling of bones and the shape of these wheels are probably better for coping

foureyedjim

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2012, 11:21:23 AM »
I kinda want to try these, despite the price tag
http://www.tactics.com/bones/jimmy-the-greek-spf-pro-skateboard-wheels