Author Topic: Oh, Libya.  (Read 6212 times)

chockfullofthat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
Oh, Libya.
« on: September 12, 2012, 08:31:21 AM »
I'm sure most who follow the news have heard, Islamic militants have killed a man who helped out with their revolution.  We all know what you're going to say HairyCunt, so save it.  It's all over this youtube video, "The Real Life of Muhammed."  Utterly ridiculous way to react.  I wonder what the fallout of this will be?  Drones in Libya?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19562692

« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 08:33:21 AM by chockfullofthat »

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
Re: Oh, Libya.
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2012, 08:49:54 AM »
Humans suck. Good thing XDR-TB is soon going to wipe us the fuck out.

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -46
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2012, 09:58:55 AM »
I find it ironic that everyone was so supportive of our intervention in Libya and act like everything went smoothly there yet the fallout from the unstabilization of northern Africa is clear as day. I guess it's just easier to add to your resume that you took out Gaddafi than actually trying to bring change to a region.

SUPERNAUT

• Rep: -70
  • suck it
    • Max Hates Your Favorite Movies avatar image
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2012, 12:06:04 PM »

maxhatesyourfavoritemovies.blogspot.com

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 794
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2012, 01:01:37 PM »
I find it ironic that everyone was so supportive of our intervention in Libya and act like everything went smoothly there yet the fallout from the unstabilization of northern Africa is clear as day. I guess it's just easier to add to your resume that you took out Gaddafi than actually trying to bring change to a region.

this is a real shit way to look at things.  

a country went through drastic violent social change.  we offered them assistance.  they blew up our embassy and killed our ambassador and several other innocent people because of a youtube video.  

if we let them fight their own battles then we're evil (eg syria), if we help them out then we're imperialists.  religious zealots are once again the only "winners"
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2012, 06:50:31 PM »
You really think it was over a youtube video? I think it is pretty obvious that the Libyan Security Forces were in collaboration with the attackers. Much like Iraq, we take out a dictator, who as bad as they may have been, brought stability to a region. What good has come from taking out Gaddafi? Look at Mali, that is a direct result of our actions in Libya. North Africa has become a safe haven for Islamic extremists. Once again, NATO tries to act as the world police and just makes shit worse.

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2012, 03:39:16 AM »
The protests over the video was just good timing. The attack in Lybia was too coordinated and successful to simply be a spontaneous gather of angry dudes with AKs and RPGs.
In Egypt the flag got taken down and replace, in Lybia the build was set on fire and the envoy killed. Huge difference.

Mouth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -297
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2012, 07:27:38 AM »
I reckon you're right. These are basically premeditated 9/11 Anniversary/Osama revenge attacks. The video is merely fanning the flames.

That said, the video was meant to offend. Seems to me that Iran is on the verge of being able to launch a nuke at Israel and Israel is desperate for the US to go in and sort 'em out militarily. Obama's knows better and he's winning the presidential race. So, a Republican Israeli-American group released an offensive video in an attempt to put him a situation where he has to get tough in the Middle East or very soon his replacement will.

They chose their moment well.

'No Mouth, you have a negative rep because you are a fan of growing your wealth off of the backs of low paid workers and brag about having bodyguards. You literally kook people for doing charity in South East Asia. Don't deny it.'

The Donger

• Rep: -63
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2012, 08:07:06 AM »
Can someone post the contraversial YouTube video.

daddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2012, 09:51:10 AM »
You'd think we would have the technology to create some sort of mohommed/Allah second coming hologram with a fasle message of peace to tame these groups.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 767
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2012, 10:06:18 AM »
Can someone post the contraversial YouTube video.
Muhammad Movie Trailer

Religious group vs Religious group. This again. and over an amateur movie trailer.

nothing's been the since same

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2012, 03:40:34 PM »
I reckon you're right. These are basically premeditated 9/11 Anniversary/Osama revenge attacks. The video is merely fanning the flames.

Why do you guys say this? I don't necessarily believe that the video was the sole cause either but is their any evidence for this claim beyond Americans' general suspicion of Muslims? The presence of organized, rapidly mobilizing militia groups in a country that has just experienced a civil war isn't all that far fetched.

Eschaton

• SLAP Pal
  • D?ner Macht Sch?ner
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2012, 05:33:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The presence of organized, rapidly mobilizing militia groups in a country that has just experienced a civil war isn't all that far fetched.
You just answered your own question.

HairyCunt

• Rep: -348
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2012, 06:47:42 PM »
I'm sure most who follow the news have heard, Islamic militants have killed a man who helped out with their revolution.  We all know what you're going to say HairyCunt, so save it.  It's all over this youtube video, "The Real Life of Muhammed."  Utterly ridiculous way to react.  I wonder what the fallout of this will be?  Drones in Libya?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-19562692

Obama will probably go the pussy ass Clinton Al-Shifa route. Lord knows he also has to look presidential once in a while.  

The movie is hilarious though.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 08:57:32 PM by HairyCunt »

Canuck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2012, 08:39:13 PM »
Humans can do cool stuff like kickflips and shuvits, but overall we suck.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2012, 10:25:42 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Why do you guys say this? I don't necessarily believe that the video was the sole cause either but is their any evidence for this claim beyond Americans' general suspicion of Muslims? The presence of organized, rapidly mobilizing militia groups in a country that has just experienced a civil war isn't all that far fetched.

I've heard some rumors that a lot of what is going on isn't really about the video, but is more of a middle-eastern anti-imperialist uprising in a similar vein to the Arab Spring last year. Al jazeera says its about the video still, so it probably is just about that.

But did anybody actually see just how many anti-American riots are currently going on around the muslim world? Its insane:
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=201645180959880549419.0004c9a894dfb66defab9&msa=0&ie=UTF8&t=m&source=embed&ll=32.10119%2C42.1875&spn=57.886601%2C96.503906&z=3
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

HairyCunt

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2012, 10:46:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I've heard some rumors that a lot of what is going on isn't really about the video, but is more of a middle-eastern anti-imperialist uprising in a similar vein to the Arab Spring last year. Al jazeera says its about the video still, so it probably is just about that.

But did anybody actually see just how many anti-American riots are currently going on around the muslim world? Its insane:
https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=201645180959880549419.0004c9a894dfb66defab9&msa=0&ie=UTF8&t=m&source=embed&ll=32.10119%2C42.1875&spn=57.886601%2C96.503906&z=3

You're wrong. It is about the video. Obviously you haven't seen any street reaction clips.

How crazy are muslims? Can you imagine people trying to burn down the British embassy in response to to The Life of Brian.  I saw  clip of a  of a crowd with a an Uncle Sam effigy the first day, do they just have those things ready to go.  "Khalid, we're protesting, bring your efffigy."
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 11:26:51 AM by HairyCunt »

vegan*shawn

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -416
  • listen to Jawbreaker
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2012, 02:12:25 PM »
So fucking sad and dumb.

Blue Fescue

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 303
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2012, 05:21:03 PM »
We had protests in sydney yesterday with people carrying "behead all those who insult the prophet" signs.

HairyCunt

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2012, 06:06:37 PM »
Islam should be banned.

filter

• Rep: 7
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2012, 06:15:14 PM »
dogmatic religion should be banned.
fixed

because catholicism needs to go too

HairyCunt

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2012, 06:21:14 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
fixed

I agree.  

Islam is just a good place to start.  It is by far the worst.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 06:23:09 PM by HairyCunt »

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2012, 06:35:33 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
fixed

Don't forget the homophobic, woman-hating evangelicals

Dominic Hynard

• Rep: -5
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2012, 06:24:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
fixed

[close]
And the Westboro Baptist Church

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2012, 08:59:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
fixed

[close]
[close]
And the Westboro Baptist Church
Hasidic jews are fucking nuts too.

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2012, 11:29:22 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

You're wrong. It is about the video. Obviously you haven't seen any street reaction clips.

How crazy are muslims? Can you imagine people trying to burn down the British embassy in response to to The Life of Brian.  I saw  clip of a  of a crowd with a an Uncle Sam effigy the first day, do they just have those things ready to go.  "Khalid, we're protesting, bring your efffigy."

I lol'd.  Pretty hard.