Author Topic: nollie flip trouble  (Read 1404 times)

pencil

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
nollie flip trouble
« on: September 17, 2012, 03:25:26 PM »
i can pop my nollies decently well and i can get a proper looking rotation on nollie heels, but whenever i do a nollie flip i cant slide my foot and i end up doing a nollie late flip(unsuccessfully)
does anyone else have this problem or has anyone had this problem? advice?
would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

formeitscrazylike

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 81
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: nollie flip trouble
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2012, 10:00:27 AM »
1. lean back over back bolts
2. pop the board forward, not straight down
3. flick with your whole leg from the knee down

TheNAC

• Rep: -26
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2012, 02:12:53 PM »
Do em stationary holding on to something

TheHoard

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 03:06:25 PM »
The nollie is the foundation for the trick so it helps to have a really good one. Then you can learn how give your board that almost late flick near the peak of your nollie; just as the board starts to level out. The more you mistakes you make helps to learn what, and what not to do. So practice,practice,practice !
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 03:11:01 PM by TheHoard »

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 03:18:32 PM »
I find it easier to get it to flip when my flicking foot is not that close to the bolts(maybe like 3-4 or more inches) and toes pointing at them and heel hanging pretty well off the board(have like a quarter of the board above your flicking foot visible). Pop and lean kind of back into the flick. Sorry if it seems confusing, but I think it'll help to at least get the flip, with the foot hanging off kind of a lot be careful not to kick sideways kick more straight forward into the corner to get the flip.

pencil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 06:19:18 AM »
Solid guys, thanks for all the help.
I have a pretty good nollie, its actually my favorite trick to do just cruising around.  I love how it feels so crisp when you pop it, now i just wanna take the same feeling and actually put it to good use
would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 06:40:43 AM »
i learnt em by trying to push the nose out in front of you as you pop.. if your on paving slabs aim for the far side of the next square (dunno if that makes sense to you guys.. like pop on one line but try n hit the next?) -this step comes in real handy when your come to throw em down gaps n shit as you already have the aim/timing down. Keep your weight over the back truck as dude above said you gotta use your whole lower leg for the slide but i try to emphasize the ankle flip to get em nice and dippy -prime for that front foot catch!