Author Topic: prague  (Read 3887 times)

brazillionaire

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 11
prague
« on: September 21, 2012, 12:22:32 PM »
yo.. whats up?

so, im flying to Prague next week and it would be nice like to keep in touch with a fellow pal up there.
ill be stayin for something like 6 months in prague and maybe a couple more around europe.

stalin square is obviously the first spot to stop by... but what would you tell me to dont get caught by the turism side of the city and have a true praguensis experience instead?

im clueless of how its gona be tho, it havent even hit me yet... ive never been outside of brazil haha

dope shit

bob aus lewing

• Rep: 4
Re: prague
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2012, 01:02:52 AM »
i?m not from prague but i have been there a couple of times. stalin plaza (the official name is letensk? sady, only skaters say stalin square) is a really great spot and even though it?s mainly a curb spot it doesn?t get boring there. there are a couple of other spots but most of them are more like: go there, film a trick, and go back to stalin square. the beer company budweiser funded a couple of cool obstacles that they built all around čr, two of them in prague, you can see them here: http://www.skaterock.cz/bu2r/
the mystic park on stvanice island is very good and it has a roof so you can go there when it?s raining, there is a fee of 50 kč.
there are always skaters on stalin square or the skatepark so you will find contact pretty easily. the mentality of the skaters there is pretty split, i?ve met the nicest dudes and the biggest assholes there but they all seem to get around pretty well. most of the younger people speak decent english, but the czech language is very hard to learn. i took slovak in school for one year, which is pretty similar and i?m still not able to lead regular conversations.

i suppose you?re used to warm weather, and you come to central europe in winter time...you?re gonna freeze all the time and you will not be able to skate outside during the harsh winter months. at least the czech republic has the best beer in the world and they drink lots of it. you should too.

maybe i will come to prague in october, if so i?ll write you a pm. i live in vienna now, if you like to go there i can show you around.

watson65

• Rep: 0
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2012, 06:16:51 AM »
Hi all, I think Prague has a beautiful market place in the centre with the Municipal Palace with its famous clock. It also has a fine Opera House and some interesting painting and ethnological Museums.

holiday rentals gold coast
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 08:23:21 AM by watson65 »

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2016, 12:47:15 PM »
I'm going to Prague for 5 days in July. Any updates where to go and what to taste? Also looking for affordable place to stay within Prague 1 area. I'll be together with my girl. Currently I consider finding a small studio. Any tips?