Author Topic: Going to Chicago!!!  (Read 1978 times)

chillclinton87

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
Going to Chicago!!!
« on: September 21, 2012, 03:34:04 PM »
hey, i`m travelling the US and my next stop will be chicago on the next monday!

do you have any tipps where to find a cheap place to stay, what parts of town definetly to stay out of and parks/ spots?

the main question is about the parts of tow to stay out of...maybe we find something on airbnb.com, and i wanna know if the part of towns alright and not end up in the worst part of the city!

thanks

ps: if somebody has any tipps where you can get good food or other stuff let me know!
what`s a legit skateshop in chicago, i need a new board and shoes too!?

Gnarwhal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -20
Re: Going to Chicago!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2012, 04:17:33 PM »
you can check out the chicago thread on here, it's got alot of good stuff on there relating to spots and such.  the only shop you need to know is Uprise, off of Western and Miluakee.  Wilson skatepark, off of Wilson in Lakeshore Drive is the only legimitate skatepark in the city.  As far as bad neighborhoods, it's more complicated then just avoiding certain neighborhoods.  If you're trying to skate, I'd suggest spending most of your time downtown, it'd eliminate your problem of venturing off accidentally into a bad neighborhood, and that's where you'd have the highest concentration of spots.  But as far as sketchy neighborhoods go, you should be fine if you're not acting like an idiot or hanging around at night.  good luck, PM me if you have any questions. 

Snowman

• Rep: -21
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 01:17:14 PM »
Try to stay next to the river and your bound to find a lot of spots.

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 05:16:43 PM »
everything gnarwhal said is right on. especially uprise. youre pretty much gonna be safe anywhere downtown but its always good to watch your back. wilson is your best option for a park. for some great chicago food hit up lou malnatis for deep dish and portillos for hotdogs. i know its cliche but theyre both amazing

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 08:04:55 PM »
LOU'S GOT THAT DEEP DISH. Malnati Chicago Classic. You'll thank me later.

Skate downtown. That's where the most spots/least sketch is. It's great, because if you get kicked out, you cross a couple of streets and are at another super great spot.

Shops: Uprise and Citizen. Citizen is right by Wilson, and has coffee. Luh dat coffee.

Being short is the motorcycle of life.