Author Topic: Visiting San Diego  (Read 948 times)

jeremyrandall

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
    • Ninetimes Skate Shop avatar image
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Visiting San Diego
« on: October 14, 2012, 06:55:15 PM »
So I haven't posted on SLAP in a WHILE now.  But I'm gonna be visiting San Diego at the end of this month and beginning of next month.  I'm sure there's a whole bunch of you out there in SLAP land who live in San Diego.  I've only been once when I was 11 or something like that so I know almost nothing about it.  Basically, I know I want to skate Washington Street, but otherwise I really don't have any idea what's there to skate.  Although I do know that it must be full of good spots and parks.  So...anyone have any recommendations for me and my homies to hit while we're there??  Or perhaps anyone wanna go skating with us while we're in town??  Gonna be there from Oct 30th to Nov 4 and we'll be staying in Pacific Beach.  But I'm pretty adventurous and would to see/skate as much of the city as possible while I'm there.

p.s.  Definitely down for street skating and hitting fun spots, but neither of us are gonna be hucking down any big sets of stairs or monster handrails.  However big bowls or ramps or pools would be right up our alley.

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 164
  • (aka mex.ceferino)
Re: Visiting San Diego
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2012, 07:21:06 PM »
i transfered to state roughy a year ago and been skating by myself pretty much since i moved here
theres a shit ton of spots, let alone parks around
if you dig tranny theres ocean beach park,
youll see a bunch of rippers there and but it gets pretty packed at times
for a more street course with tranny theres memorial park in barrio logan, it gets even more packed by kids but you learn your path
other than that i fuck around my apt's parking lot and near curves and small hills

you gotta go to slappy sundays, i have yet to go there very soon hopefully
they gather at a dmv every sunday ive heard nothing but fun times with fine people with an affinity to the good ole slappy

http://www.facebook.com/slappy.sunday?fref=ts

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 715
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2012, 09:35:52 PM »
Like mex said, you should definitely hit Memorial skate park. They've got a bowl and a pretty good tranny section. There's also a really nice decent sized pool at Carmel Valley skate park that I'm sure you'd like. Andy Mac seems to really like that pool, anyway. If you want to skate a smaller sized tranny section, you could go to Imperial Beach skate park. The walls are about 4 1/2 - 5 feet and there's an extension that's probably 7 feet, if I remember correctly.
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

RCB3

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 425
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2012, 09:50:18 PM »
I've been in San Diego for about 8 years now and have a pretty solid spot list going. I don't go to many skateparks, but I have a lot of street spots. There's a lot of tranny spots off of home ave. such as the quarterpipe to wall riley hawk bs tail kickflipped in his baker ad along with a bank to ledge right now to it. Along those ditches, there are some other quarter pipe spots and fun things to check out. They're nice just cause you can skate them whenever. There's the quarterpipe on the cliffs in Del mar that's a weekday whenever spot which might be fun for you. Also, I have some solid ledge spots and downtown spots since I've been living downtown for a while. Let me know more specifically what kind of spots you'd prefer or if there's any well know SD spots you're trying to go to and I can give you directions.

Irvine-Sucks.com

zoltan

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2012, 09:58:37 PM »
If you want to skate that halfpipe ditch everyone skates its next to melba bishop skatepark in oceanside. super fun park and ditch

Fake Tits

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2013, 06:08:22 AM »
Bump.

Heading to SD in August.

Apart from skating what are some good bars, clubs or just generally cool shit to hit up?

Thanks in advance.