Author Topic: Chaz Ortiz demolishes the berrics  (Read 7767 times)

john2010hill

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -13
Re: Chaz Ortiz demolishes the berrics
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2012, 05:50:29 AM »
Self proclaimed steezer's crushed it! Honestly fun to watch. Steezy McAwesome signing out....

papasmurfsdog

« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2012, 11:24:02 AM »
Hell's with the mongoloid in the yellow shirt?

Saw the camera and said, "Hey, the world deserves a glimpse of my flat ground nollies"

Patey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2012, 11:50:53 AM »
i hate how i liked that

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 416
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2012, 12:28:27 PM »
2nd try Salabanzi slide
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

cornholio

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 19
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2012, 06:15:18 PM »
Wow.

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2012, 10:09:54 AM »
http://theberrics.com/bangin/chaz-ortiz-2.html

Bs 180 nosegrind switch fs flip? Half-cab crooks nollie bs flip out?
What the FUCK
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 10:39:34 AM by MostlyLurkin' »

KoRnholio8

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1466
  • SkateMagArchive
    • SkateMagArchive avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2012, 10:14:41 AM »
that bangin won me over. hope he doesn't succumb to the lure of crooks bigspin flips/treflips - that shit is so ugly

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2012, 11:06:01 AM »
Those last two tricks . . .

bakedRice

• Rep: -20
« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2012, 11:40:42 AM »
yoon told him to take his shirt off a little too homoerotically.

nollie bs flip out?!? really?

that first tryday was fucked, but its what you would expect from someone who lives at their tf doing kickflip crooks and backtail bigspins until they CANT mess it up.

MostlyLurkin'

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2012, 12:15:27 PM »

Goes well with the Chris Brown song playing in the background

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2012, 03:10:06 PM »
christ, that was undeniable savant athleticism. the general consensus seems to be warming up to ortiz like they did with sheckler, but his image is still extremely clean cut looking no homes. that's not a negative or a positive but skating's roots stem from the other side of the tracks and there should be some pride in that. i'm not saying you're faking unless you're fred gall spitting beer into the camera or anything...but personally i envision ortiz as the little popular shit vibing me in highschool for skating in the mid 90's, but now it's popular and he's annoyingly murdering it.

i'm not sure why zoo york branding on westgate doesn't really offend me but it does on ortiz. it's completely arbitrary judgement but i'd like to think it's sourced from a real place having skated for longer than he's been alive. i'd also be willing to bet he says 'swag' like justin beiber as well.

that said i'll probably double primo warming up tonight and realize how easy that kid makes skating again.

Particleboard Penguin

• Rep: 10
« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2012, 03:20:50 PM »
Yo, not to be a dick but that's an incorrect usage of consensus [Insert "the more you know" graphic]

RRRRRAD

« Reply #42 on: October 15, 2012, 06:04:13 PM »
could give a fuck less about this dude and/or the berrics

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 255
  • tiger style
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2012, 06:16:24 PM »
christ, that was undeniable savant athleticism. the general consensus seems to be warming up to ortiz like they did with sheckler, but his image is still extremely clean cut looking no homes. that's not a negative or a positive but skating's roots stem from the other side of the tracks and there should be some pride in that. i'm not saying you're faking unless you're fred gall spitting beer into the camera or anything...but personally i envision ortiz as the little popular shit vibing me in highschool for skating in the mid 90's, but now it's popular and he's annoyingly murdering it.

i'm not sure why zoo york branding on westgate doesn't really offend me but it does on ortiz. it's completely arbitrary judgement but i'd like to think it's sourced from a real place having skated for longer than he's been alive. i'd also be willing to bet he says 'swag' like justin beiber as well.

that said i'll probably double primo warming up tonight and realize how easy that kid makes skating again.

Shook you up so much you wrote a thesis

But yeah, pretty much. But at the same time, skating pulls a lot of guys away from the jock, douche vibe and into something interesting.

thunderwood

• Rep: -18
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2012, 06:23:23 PM »
The real question is why were they listening to Billy Joel?

dirty ol man

• Rep: 46
« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2012, 10:17:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Shook you up so much you wrote a thesis

But yeah, pretty much. But at the same time, skating pulls a lot of guys away from the jock, douche vibe and into something interesting.

agreed, but only because it's socially acceptable now.

to each his own but worrest doing a noseslide shuv in a bro video got almost as much props as ortiz's highly promoted street part (slight exaggeration) because of who did it/how it was done, which supports that skateboarding is so far beyond executing tricks flawlessly and consistently in value.

a noseslide shuv on a wall at a highly illegal plaza isn't going to get you into the niiiiiiiiiiiiine club pause but it makes me want to skate the fucking city and not contemplate how utterly incomprehensible skating has become and choose alcohol instead.

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2012, 10:21:57 AM »
this kid looks like the dumb Guidos always tryin to start fights at the bar

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65249
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2012, 01:21:05 PM »

First read this then saw the clip. I LOL'ed.