Author Topic: Hotline Miami  (Read 4410 times)

foureyedjim

Hotline Miami
« on: October 30, 2012, 03:50:49 PM »
it's only 10 bucks, but if you're broke, the dev is apparently okay with piracy. Released an update that works for pirated versions too
Hotline Miami - Prelude "The Metro" - A+ / Letter / Mask

ThugWaffle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Hotline Miami
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 07:00:08 PM »
Just downloaded it and this game is seriously amazing.

frisco

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 10:32:52 AM »
Looks and sounds like "Drive" the video game. At least the violence aspect and the music

I'll for sure be getting this for the Vita and PS3

foureyedjim

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2013, 11:26:14 AM »
This game doesn't get the attention it deserves outside the gaming community

Do not get this on anything other than the PC (does it run on mac? I never tried).  It's one of those games where you really need the precision of a mouse imo

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2013, 06:19:13 PM »
This game doesn't get the attention it deserves outside the gaming community

Do not get this on anything other than the PC (does it run on mac? I never tried).  It's one of those games where you really need the precision of a mouse imo

Yes, i even tried it with the Xbox controller option it has and it just dosent work out.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2013, 06:10:01 AM »
The plot is fucked. This game is fucking amazing.

foureyedjim

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2013, 10:29:18 PM »

And when it comes down to it, that's what makes the game so amazing too.

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2013, 12:24:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Its a masterpiece really, 80s, psycho wearing animal masks, great soundtrack, its perfect.What i really wanna know is, are the updates to fix bugs only? or do they release more chapters?

foureyedjim

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2013, 02:09:09 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Its a masterpiece really, 80s, psycho wearing animal masks, great soundtrack, its perfect.What i really wanna know is, are the updates to fix bugs only? or do they release more chapters?

bugs, I believe, although once I finished the main story there was an extra two or three (?) levels.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2013, 04:52:59 AM »
fuck yeah this game was sick, thanks for posting this.

anyone know some other sick cheap/indie or whatever games on steam?

foureyedjim

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2013, 12:04:46 PM »
fuck yeah this game was sick, thanks for posting this.

anyone know some other sick cheap/indie or whatever games on steam?

You can try looking at greenlight on steam.  Chivalry: medieval warfare is like 8 bucks this weekend (you got less than an hour before it goes back to being 25 bucks actually).
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 03:32:21 PM by foureyedjim »

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2013, 03:50:38 PM »
Just picked this up with the Humble Bundle, I'm pretty hyped on it. Bossfights though...why?

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2013, 04:31:13 PM »
Just picked this up with the Humble Bundle, I'm pretty hyped on it. Bossfights though...why?

why not

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2013, 05:14:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

why not

Never been a fan. It just strikes me as odd for a game like this where it's as much a puzzle game as an action game.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2013, 06:07:44 PM »
wtf how can you not be a fan of boss fights? games are so pussified these days smh

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2013, 12:16:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

why not
[close]

Never been a fan. It just strikes me as odd for a game like this where it's as much a puzzle game as an action game.

I think it was good... bosses could of been harder but it was nice to develop the story.

foureyedjim

« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2013, 04:51:28 PM »
"Somewhere on the outskirts of E3..."

Given the plot of the first game, I dunno if this is a good thing or not.  Felt like one game was enough.

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2013, 08:39:42 PM »
"Somewhere on the outskirts of E3..."

Given the plot of the first game, I dunno if this is a good thing or not.  Felt like one game was enough.

"Wrong Numbers" hmmm idk how i feel about this either. First one was amazing, either they add something that messes it up, or they one up themselves.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2013, 05:16:48 AM »
Developers said this is absolutely the last one.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2013, 05:46:07 PM »
thanks a lot guys for exposing me to this awesome, addicting game. i have a macbook and didn't think it would work too well with the trackpad (it didn't,) so i went and got a cheap 8 dollar mouse from Target yesterday.

i'm hooked now. this game is simply too damn sick. i'm currently on chapter 3 and it's getting pretty hard. i feel more comfortable using a club, bat, knife, etc. to kill the bad guys, but do you any of you have any tips on how to kill 'em efficiently with the guns? i've seen some videos on youtube and it looks like it's safer to try to hide out in corners while shooting. i love the stealth element of the game though.

(oh, and can you guys recommend me some other online games that are similar to this? (not necessarily style or gameplay wise, but something quick and easy that i can play on my computer. have never played pc games before, so i have very little experience.))

foureyedjim

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2013, 07:50:52 PM »
after trial and error, you kinda know what's best for you

as far as guns go, I make use of the AI's often times lemming mentality of going through the same door

off steam there are several pc+mac games that might be able to run on your macbook, don't really know what you consider simple and easy.

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2013, 09:14:08 PM »
Ive used both guns and melees and i find more satisfaction beating them up with a pipe or a knife than shooting em.

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2013, 09:56:05 AM »
i'm at chapter six and already replaying the earlier ones for better scores. i already love this game.

InternetDaddy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
  • sup breh
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2013, 10:24:13 AM »
thanks a lot guys for exposing me to this awesome, addicting game. i have a macbook and didn't think it would work too well with the trackpad (it didn't,) so i went and got a cheap 8 dollar mouse from Target yesterday.

i'm hooked now. this game is simply too damn sick. i'm currently on chapter 3 and it's getting pretty hard. i feel more comfortable using a club, bat, knife, etc. to kill the bad guys, but do you any of you have any tips on how to kill 'em efficiently with the guns? i've seen some videos on youtube and it looks like it's safer to try to hide out in corners while shooting. i love the stealth element of the game though.

(oh, and can you guys recommend me some other online games that are similar to this? (not necessarily style or gameplay wise, but something quick and easy that i can play on my computer. have never played pc games before, so i have very little experience.))
i'd definitely recommend Broforce, there's a thread about it somewhere else. It's a violent side scrolling platformer with pretty similar graphics to hotline miami, but all the characters are action movie stars. Really fun. Plus it's free right now. Also TF2 would probably run well on your mac, is free, and a lot of fun. The learning curve can be a little steep for some classes, but you can have fun whether you're just playing casually or trying to be competitive.

EDIT: and Braid! The graphics are beautiful, it should be pretty cheap on Steam, and the puzzles are challenging and fun.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 07:42:02 PM by InternetDaddy »
Look I'm not selling anything that doesn't have my jizz on it. I don't care how much is offered.