Author Topic: A little advice?  (Read 844 times)

collin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
A little advice?
« on: October 31, 2012, 01:15:39 PM »
I've been skating an 8.25 board for a while now and I really want to size up to an 8.4-8.5. The only problem with that is that I have thunder 147's which are only 8 inch. I was curious as to whether or not I should just get 149's or if I'd be alright sticking with my 147's. Thanks a lot.

Kinch

• Rep: 10
Re: A little advice?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2012, 03:37:33 AM »
I did the same thing with Indy 139s. Still completely skatable, but I did slightly prefer it once I put 149s on. Having said that I do know dudes who skate 8.5s with 139 or 147 trucks by preference. Bottom line, whatever feels right to you.

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2012, 02:43:57 PM »
If you mount 8" trucks on a 8.5" board then the board will just be .25" wider than the axle on each side. 

This doesn't sound like a big deal but in reality there is what's called "The Butterfly Effect" and what seems like a small discrepancy between board and truck axle length will actually alter the migratory patterns of the Christmas Island red crab which will subsequently cause an explosion of Articulated Coralline algae off the west coast of North America that dramatically alters the level of salt water absorbed by the atmosphere which will lead to an affect on the density of all mineral deposits on nearby landmasses thus degrading the ore deposits used by local foundries to produce skateboarding trucks eventually leading to second rate product that is exponentially more prone to failure and subsequently destroys an industry along with the lifestyle that it supported.

For the love of skateboarding, don't fucking do it! 

sufodiv

• Rep: -5
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 06:12:07 AM »
Go big or go home