Author Topic: NEW ANTHONY PAPPALARDO PART SOON  (Read 102441 times)

euclidee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Re: NEW ANTHONY PAPPALARDO PART SOON
« Reply #510 on: June 05, 2013, 04:19:12 PM »
i don't give a shit about the 48 blocks interview anymore, dude just needs to put out a new part and prove himself

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
« Reply #511 on: June 05, 2013, 05:12:07 PM »
i don't give a shit about the 48 blocks interview anymore, dude just needs to put out a new part and prove himself

I don't like you!

Expand Quote
There's nothing worse than when you go to a museum or art gallery and someone goes, "That's so easy, I could do that.. it's just some colors on a canvas."

The thing is, you didn't do it. You're the audience and entitled to an opinion, but you're just a spectator if you aren't creating.
[close]

Not really the same thing, people that say that usually don't do art themselves or haven't studied it.  If it was a random person saying that it would be comparable.  Most people on here have "studied" skateboarding, some are capable. It's more like going to a museum and seeing a once master doing shit a lot hobbyists do.

No it is really the same thing. Because usually the people who don't understand the beauty of Pops' skating is the ones who see skateboarding as a sport - there's nothing wrong with that! - but as lots of people on here have stated, the beauty of Pops is that he finds new things in the street to skate. That's why he's an artist, he paves the way for the rest of us to skate on, or he inspires us to go out and create spots in our head to skate (there's a big difference in creating a spot where you bolt a handrail, so that it's perfect to darkslide on and mentally create a spot out of the urban landscape that you can grind on)

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #512 on: June 05, 2013, 06:15:19 PM »
No it is really the same thing. Because usually the people who don't understand the beauty of Pops' skating is the ones who see skateboarding as a sport - there's nothing wrong with that! - but as lots of people on here have stated, the beauty of Pops is that he finds new things in the street to skate. That's why he's an artist, he paves the way for the rest of us to skate on, or he inspires us to go out and create spots in our head to skate (there's a big difference in creating a spot where you bolt a handrail, so that it's perfect to darkslide on and mentally create a spot out of the urban landscape that you can grind on)

Douche chills after reading that delusional nonsense. Straight up douche chills.

ROCKxADIO420

« Reply #513 on: June 05, 2013, 07:29:21 PM »
You're diliousional man. Ten years ago pops wouldn't have used these photos for anything. He devolved my a Pokemon. Pops is rad but the stuff he's put out after fully flared is pretentious.  I always wonder if any pros have though " damn pops is blowing it"..
i swear one poster used the word pretentious like a week ago and since then ive seen 15 misuses of it.

93tilinfinity

« Reply #514 on: June 05, 2013, 07:50:55 PM »
Different Anthony Pappalardo over at Vice.

Can someone post the average as well as actual times this has to be explained?

Poocano

• Rep: -17
« Reply #515 on: June 05, 2013, 10:43:56 PM »
I don't know what famous painter it was, Picasso or someone that painted a painting that was something like 4 red brush strokes on a black background and it was hailed as a masterpiece and everyone was like, I don't see the big deal, I could have done that......but the point THEY DIDN'T......just like pops and his spots, ya, a lot of us could probably do the stuff he's doing......BUT WE DIDN'T....he did

Chris Hansen is back

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #516 on: June 05, 2013, 11:35:54 PM »
Great history lesson. You're really bringing the big guns out.

• Rep: 12
« Reply #517 on: June 05, 2013, 11:45:16 PM »
I don't know what famous painter it was, Picasso or someone that painted a painting that was something like 4 red brush strokes on a black background and it was hailed as a masterpiece and everyone was like, I don't see the big deal, I could have done that......but the point THEY DIDN'T......just like pops and his spots, ya, a lot of us could probably do the stuff he's doing......BUT WE DIDN'T....he did

AHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKOOOOOOK

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #518 on: June 06, 2013, 12:43:09 AM »
Let's not compare an incredible and legendary artist with Popps.
I love Popps, but the parallel is just stupid, it's more like some painter or whatever made some doodles on a paper tablecloth, then people would judge him on these doodles. However, the painter would probably not share his doodles via instagram for the world to see and talk.

Poocano

• Rep: -17
« Reply #519 on: June 06, 2013, 02:08:57 AM »
The point I was trying to get across was to the people bitching about how they could do whatever he's doing, so fucking what...probs the same people that bitch about how they can't relate to so and so's video part cause it was too gnarly.....and to the people saying he's milking it.....dude has to be doing nothing AND making money.....no board or money from the shoes....I don't know about milking it....ya he whines but obviously what sponsors he does have or whoever he gets product from know by now the lack of coverage he gets and are probably not putting money into him expecting productivity

Fenzadill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
  • lemme get the 4 dollar one
« Reply #520 on: June 06, 2013, 07:51:58 AM »
Expand Quote
I had no idea he contributed so much?or anything, for that matter?to Vice: http://www.vice.com/author/Anthony-Pappalardo.

I'm surprised that he's a halfway-decent writer, considering how poorly written that 48 Blocks interview was. I mean, he couldn't even get his typography right.

And while he sponsors dropped him (with justification, from what I can tell), how was he supposedly bouncing rent checks and scrapping metal when Vice checks were still flowing?
[close]

Holy shit, has it been 6 months already?

WHY ISNT EVAN SMITH PRO????????????????
example. i cant cast a spelll or love potion on a girl and she falls total in love for me
but i can show a girl my tv youtube clip on my or her phone. but there's a difference ok

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #521 on: June 06, 2013, 08:40:26 AM »
Other than knee high ollies at moderate speeds, WTF has Poops done since his last video part? If he isn't producing then he's irrelevant.

JB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 857
  • Rusty Berrings Roll Forever
« Reply #522 on: June 06, 2013, 08:55:25 AM »
Other than knee high ollies at moderate speeds, WTF has Poops done since his last video part? If he isn't producing then he's irrelevant.

i heard he came to cali a while ago.

AssBandit

• Rep: 60
  • trip ouuuuttt brooooo...
« Reply #523 on: June 06, 2013, 09:19:26 AM »
19 pages of nonsense and no video part from pops....

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #524 on: June 06, 2013, 10:15:08 AM »
Let's not compare an incredible and legendary artist with Popps.
I love Popps, but the parallel is just stupid, it's more like some painter or whatever made some doodles on a paper tablecloth, then people would judge him on these doodles. However, the painter would probably not share his doodles via instagram for the world to see and talk.
Nah nah, the story goes that Picasso was in a cafe in Paris very late in his life and a woman recognised him and asked him to draw something for her on a napkin, he obliged and drew her something in a matter of minutes, handed it to her and then asked that she pay him quite a chunk of money. She protested and said "But it only took you a few minutes" to which he replied "Yes? but it took me a lifetime to learn".
If this parallels Anthony's skating in any way, I'm not sure.

jimi420

« Reply #525 on: June 07, 2013, 12:30:59 PM »
So where's this part you've all been premature nutting over?

KP

• Rep: 16
« Reply #526 on: June 07, 2013, 01:47:25 PM »
So where's this part you've all been premature nutting over?

here it is:

didn't liked the song that much but that was pretty much what's hot right now

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #527 on: June 07, 2013, 07:42:36 PM »
19 pages of nonsense and no video part from pops....

40 if you count the thread about him going West to film for this apparent part. 40 damn pages.