Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 367348 times)

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: NBA 2012-13
« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2013, 10:19:38 PM »
Just thinking about a Warriors/Clippers playoff series is giving me a basketball boner, high octane offense, dunks and lobs everywhere, solid 3pt shooting and the match-ups...

David Lee vs Griffin
Curry vs CP3
Thompson vs Barnes/Butler
Jack vs Bledsoe

woooooo!!! can't wait!!

That'd be a good matchup.

I feel the clippers would get the 2nd seed. (1st is OKC). THat means the warriors would be the 7th seed in order to play the clippers.

I think the warriors would get the 5th or 6th seed. Spurs could be the 3rd seed.

Here is my 8 Western conference predictions.

1. Oklahoma City
2. LA Cliipers
3. Spurs
4. Denver
5. Memphis
6. Golden State
7. Utah
8. Portland or Rockets
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -109
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2013, 10:32:40 PM »
Yeah that's pretty sound. I could see Utah faltering down the stretch. I see Dallas sneaking in aswell there's alot of basketball left to be played

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #122 on: January 23, 2013, 09:11:57 AM »
Kobe live tweeting the 81 point might be the highlight of my year.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #123 on: January 23, 2013, 09:43:16 AM »
I love how he claims this will be the first time he watches this game, classic Kobe.

Will Easley

« Reply #124 on: January 23, 2013, 11:34:35 AM »
I love how he claims this will be the first time he watches this game, classic Kobe.

haha forreal that shit had me dying. I'd only believe it if he said the first time watching it THIS year. lol

Anyways as we get closer to the trade deadline, all these analysts coming out of the woodworks to speak on possible trade scenarios. One in particular caught my attention.

Let?s swap Pau Gasol for Josh Smith.  It gets Pau out of toxic Lakerland for his own good and lets him pair up nicely with All-Star big man Al Horford. Smith could make a big splash in L.A. and save the season or be permitted to walk off into free agency. If that happens, it?s addition by subtraction, since coach Mike D?Antoni and the stats show that Gasol and Dwight Howard do not work effectively together.  Lakers have to take the baggage of Johan Petro, DeShawn Stevenson and Ivan Johnson to make it work.

out of all the Gasol trade talks this seems to make the most sense team-wise & financially. LA would have to pick up those extra players but that's kinda what they need right now anyway. Deshawn Stevenson would fit well in D'Antoni's system (which im still skeptical of) and an uber-athletic frontcount with good friends Dwight Howard & Josh Smith would be ill. Gasol & Horford would fit as well with both of them being able to go back to their more natural positions.

I also wanna see if the Kings/SuperSonics are going to trade Demarcus Cousins. Dudes a beast he just needs to be in a better environment in order to grow & mature. Shit while they're at it trade my boy Tyreke Evans outta there as well dude has straight up superstar potential but they're stunting his growth tryna mix & match him with their logjam of guards on the roster. Dude started off as a starting point guard, got moved to shooting guard, and now they got him playing as an undersized small forward? Fuck outta here let that boy shine! Preferably, on my Chicago Bulls. Even if they don't trade him i already know he's opting for free agency once the offseason comes

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #125 on: January 23, 2013, 11:43:58 AM »
Wonder if the Lakers will trade Dwight, he can sign with the lakers or a free agent in July.

Don't know if he is happy in LA, but i heard Brooklyn is trying to get him.

Forgot the details, read it in a bleecher report here:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1496206-brooklyn-nets-reportedly-looking-to-trade-for-dwight-howard
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #126 on: January 23, 2013, 08:41:00 PM »
So...many...turnovers fuck watching the Rockets gets stressful sometimes

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2013, 09:08:54 PM »
I thought some of you guys might enjoy this

UNCENSORED TRASH TALK 2

"shit was hella salty ma nigga" Tim Duncan

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2013, 09:10:37 PM »

UNCENSORED TRASH TALK 2

This one is my favorite! hahaha
KEVIN GARNETT THREATENED RAY ALLEN!! LEBRON SAYS "FU**K YALL"

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #129 on: January 23, 2013, 10:11:56 PM »
Dubs beat Clippers on Monday and now beat Thunder today!!!!!

Let;s hope for Lee and Curry as reserves. For sure Westbrook and Harden are in for backcourt

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #130 on: January 23, 2013, 10:23:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

haha forreal that shit had me dying. I'd only believe it if he said the first time watching it THIS year. lol

Anyways as we get closer to the trade deadline, all these analysts coming out of the woodworks to speak on possible trade scenarios. One in particular caught my attention.

Expand Quote
Let?s swap Pau Gasol for Josh Smith.?  It gets Pau out of toxic Lakerland for his own good and lets him pair up nicely with All-Star big man Al Horford. Smith could make a big splash in L.A. and save the season or be permitted to walk off into free agency. If that happens, it?s addition by subtraction, since coach Mike D?Antoni and the stats show that Gasol and Dwight Howard do not work effectively together.?  Lakers have to take the baggage of Johan Petro, DeShawn Stevenson and Ivan Johnson to make it work.
[close]

out of all the Gasol trade talks this seems to make the most sense team-wise & financially. LA would have to pick up those extra players but that's kinda what they need right now anyway. Deshawn Stevenson would fit well in D'Antoni's system (which im still skeptical of) and an uber-athletic frontcount with good friends Dwight Howard & Josh Smith would be ill. Gasol & Horford would fit as well with both of them being able to go back to their more natural positions.

I also wanna see if the Kings/SuperSonics are going to trade Demarcus Cousins. Dudes a beast he just needs to be in a better environment in order to grow & mature. Shit while they're at it trade my boy Tyreke Evans outta there as well dude has straight up superstar potential but they're stunting his growth tryna mix & match him with their logjam of guards on the roster. Dude started off as a starting point guard, got moved to shooting guard, and now they got him playing as an undersized small forward? Fuck outta here let that boy shine! Preferably, on my Chicago Bulls. Even if they don't trade him i already know he's opting for free agency once the offseason comes

The Kings/Sonics would have to be crazy to shop Cousins you're just not going to get back matched value, dude's capible of avg 25 and 15 in the near future I think they just need the right coach/mentors. I fully agree with you on 'Reke though he's on my all NBA "Free" team (Stuckey,Kanter,Favours,Dragic) dudes that have so much potential but are rotting away on bad teams. Josh Smith to the Lakers? that would be AMAZING.......on paper.

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #131 on: January 23, 2013, 10:35:14 PM »
How you guys feel about the "pelicans"?

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #132 on: January 23, 2013, 10:37:59 PM »
How you guys feel about the "pelicans"?

Should have kept it the "hornets". Or The Jazz again. re-name utah's team

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #133 on: January 23, 2013, 10:45:48 PM »
Pelicans is alright it'll grow on us. Jazz obvi makes the most sense have no idea why Utah refuses to give up that name I'd go as far to say there's not a single Jazz bar in Salt Lake City.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #134 on: January 23, 2013, 10:48:38 PM »
Expand Quote

UNCENSORED TRASH TALK 2

[close]

This one is my favorite! hahaha
KEVIN GARNETT THREATENED RAY ALLEN!! LEBRON SAYS "FU**K YALL"
thanks for posting those hahahaha.

oh yeah, and, WARRIORS MUFUCKA!
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #135 on: January 23, 2013, 10:50:01 PM »
I'm also pretty sure

Wizards
Lakers
Knickerbockers sounded pretty damn stupid at some point it just takes time.

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #136 on: January 23, 2013, 11:09:13 PM »
NBA ALL-STAR reserves being announced tmr any predictions? personally my I only care if Paul George gets the seclection which he most likely will, also I also don't want to see Bosh's bitch ass in there.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #137 on: January 24, 2013, 08:53:51 AM »
Gasol for Smith? This isn't 2005-2006. Atalanta would be outta their damn minds to make that trade.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Will Easley

« Reply #138 on: January 24, 2013, 11:17:29 AM »
Gasol for Smith? This isn't 2005-2006. Atalanta would be outta their damn minds to make that trade.

Relations between the 2 haven't been so good the past couple of years. He most likely won't sign back to Atlanta this offseason when he's a free agent so they might as well get rid of him now & get something back in return.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #139 on: January 24, 2013, 12:34:13 PM »
Pretty sure it's the same for a lot of players. They could find a better deal. Gasol probably makes just as much as he does if not more. Houston is supposedly in the mix. I would be the happiest dude alive if this were to happen. He's showed interest in playing here. Harden/Smith.... yikes.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #140 on: January 24, 2013, 01:44:37 PM »

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #141 on: January 24, 2013, 01:45:10 PM »
Pretty sure it's the same for a lot of players. They could find a better deal. Gasol probably makes just as much as he does if not more. Houston is supposedly in the mix. I would be the happiest dude alive if this were to happen. He's showed interest in playing here. Harden/Smith.... yikes.

I back this 100%

Also with the Pelicans, not bad at all! Im surprised. I hated the name at first but I will admit, it has grown on me to a level where I accept it.

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

Will Easley

« Reply #142 on: January 24, 2013, 05:13:55 PM »
Yeah the first pelicans logo concept I saw was whack as fuck but that ones actually kinda raw so I guess i can give the name a chance to grow on me

Full All Star Roster

East All-Star Team

*Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks
Chris Bosh, Miami Heat
Tyson Chandler, New York Knicks
Luol Deng, Chicago Bulls
*Kevin Garnett, Boston Celtics
Paul George, Indiana Pacers
Jrue Holiday, Philadelphia 76ers
Kyrie Irving, Cleveland Cavaliers
*LeBron James, Miami Heat
Joakim Noah, Chicago Bulls
*Rajon Rondo, Boston Celtics
*Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat

West All-Star Team

LaMarcus Aldridge, Portland Trail Blazers
*Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
Tim Duncan, San Antonio Spurs
*Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
*Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers
James Harden, Houston Rockets
*Dwight Howard, Los Angeles Lakers
David Lee, Golden State Warriors
Tony Parker, San Antonio Spurs
*Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers
Zach Randolph, Memphis Grizzlies
Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City Thunder

* denotes starter

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #143 on: January 24, 2013, 09:15:08 PM »
PG24 gets the nod!!!!!

Simpsons - Al Gore - funny

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #144 on: January 24, 2013, 09:32:22 PM »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #145 on: January 24, 2013, 09:52:32 PM »
Hopefully Curry gets to be a all-star if one of the starters or reserves can't play.

But how the fuck can KG be a starter? Fool isn't even a true center. Tyson Chandler should start. KG doesn't even deserve to be an all-star this year.

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #146 on: January 24, 2013, 10:13:30 PM »
Hopefully Curry gets to be a all-star if one of the starters or reserves can't play.

But how the fuck can KG be a starter? Fool isn't even a true center. Tyson Chandler should start. KG doesn't even deserve to be an all-star this year.

Steph deserves that spot. KG should not even be in it, in my opinion. Sub .500 team with 1 all-star all ready. Come on. If the fans didn't vote him in, he would not even be in the all-star game. Saying that, Dwight should not be a starter on the West side. I believe that fucked up the reserves.

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #147 on: January 24, 2013, 10:21:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Steph deserves that spot. KG should not even be in it, in my opinion. Sub .500 team with 1 all-star all ready. Come on. If the fans didn't vote him in, he would not even be in the all-star game. Saying that, Dwight should not be a starter on the West side. I believe that fucked up the reserves.

yeah, Dwight too. Of course Kobe should be in, his stats prove that. Dwight is just popular and of course all-star starters are a popularity contest.

Lakers won't even make the playoffs, team Record + stats should make an all-star team.

Warriors have been sucking the past decade and finally got their first all-star since '97. Lee is in because he is doing good + the team. But Curry is more valuable than Lee. Curry was out most of last year and Lee was healthy but the team still sucked.

Now they're doing good it's because Curry is in playing regularly, plus Lee is playing good again this year.

I rather have Jamal Crawford than Tony Parker. But I guess if you're a vet like that, the coaches will vote you in.

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #148 on: January 24, 2013, 10:33:30 PM »
aahh I love the post ALL-STAR seclection snub games keep your eyes Steph Curry, Josh Smith, JR Smith, and Brook Lopez this weekend a few of them will have monster games.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #149 on: January 24, 2013, 11:59:29 PM »
aahh I love the post ALL-STAR seclection snub games keep your eyes Steph Curry, Josh Smith, JR Smith, and Brook Lopez this weekend a few of them will have monster games.

How can i forget JR Swish. Good 6th man. Boozer over Bosh