Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 367401 times)

sculpted fragments

Re: NBA 2012-13
« Reply #360 on: March 08, 2013, 08:13:37 PM »
MARCO BELINELLI!  Great hustle by Noah, props to Butler for staying calm and finding an open man rather than throwing up an ill advised shot.

chillout

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #361 on: March 08, 2013, 08:40:11 PM »
MARCO BELINELLI!?  Great hustle by Noah, props to Butler for staying calm and finding an open man rather than throwing up an ill advised shot.

i think the whole city stood up for that shot. my boy marco is fucking clutch

sculpted fragments

« Reply #362 on: March 08, 2013, 08:58:17 PM »
Expand Quote
MARCO BELINELLI!?  Great hustle by Noah, props to Butler for staying calm and finding an open man rather than throwing up an ill advised shot.
[close]

i think the whole city stood up for that shot. my boy marco is fucking clutch

Can't wait for a Rose/Butler fast break connection as well as having Marco in the backcourt rather than Rip Hamilton's corpse.

Belinelli Wins it | Jazz Vs Bulls | March 8, 2013
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 09:26:11 PM by sculpted fragments »

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #363 on: March 08, 2013, 10:00:18 PM »
Lots of solid hoops tonight, right now my Raps in OT vs the Lakers!

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #364 on: March 09, 2013, 02:57:05 AM »
Lots of solid hoops tonight, right now my Raps in OT vs the Lakers!

i like the way the game turned out  :-*

Bryant's been on a major tear the last few games.  first the Lakers come back from 25 to beat the Hornets and now they came back from being down 15 to the Raptors to win it in overtime.

Kobe highlights from both games

The Greatness of Kobe Bryant

Kobe's 42 leads AMAZING Lakers comeback!

41 points, 12 rebounds & 6 assists against Toronto

42 points, 12 rebounds & 7 assists against New Orleans

(Dwight's been playing hard as of late too.  24 points, 13 rebounds, 5 blocks & 3 steals vs Raptors.  20 points, 15 rebounds, 4 blocks & 3 steals vs Hornets.)

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #365 on: March 09, 2013, 12:21:40 PM »
Pretty impressive from Kobe. I can't see them getting past the first round though given how bad their defense is and how much they're relying on him to bail them out of games. Lucky for them the teams at 6-8 in the west are looking pretty soft right now so they might not have to play OKC or the Spurs.

steenz

« Reply #366 on: March 09, 2013, 04:44:25 PM »
Kobe is just amazing

sculpted fragments

« Reply #367 on: March 10, 2013, 01:45:35 PM »
nate robinson is such a bad decision maker when has to start at pg

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #368 on: March 10, 2013, 02:14:54 PM »
Nate Robinson flat out sucks period

Talk about Kobe when he puts up 40 against San Antonio, okc..amazing because he beat Toronto at Staples?? How was Toronto even competitive in that game

Lakers go out in 5 games, Utah is gifting their playoff spot to avoid last years embarrassment

sculpted fragments

« Reply #369 on: March 10, 2013, 02:20:50 PM »
Quote from: Tracer  link=topic=65909.msg1866714#msg1866714 date=1362950094

He's been fine this year in his backup role when he can provide a spark off the bench/instant offense but if you ask him to run the team he just isn't capable of doing it.

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #370 on: March 10, 2013, 02:42:46 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

He's been fine this year in his backup role when he can provide a spark off the bench/instant offense but if you ask him to run the team he just isn't capable of doing it.
Bulls aren't going anywhere and it's because of players like Nate. PG's like Tony Parker and Westbrook make him look like a D leaguer with hops. Someone needs to convince Chicago to start spending some money, it doesn't make sense because they sell out every game.

Brutal team to watch even with DRose, no scoring whatsoever

sculpted fragments

« Reply #371 on: March 10, 2013, 03:13:45 PM »
Quote from: Tracer  link=topic=65909.msg1866731#msg1866731 date=1362951766
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Bulls aren't going anywhere and it's because of players like Nate. PG's like Tony Parker and Westbrook make him look like a D leaguer with hops. Someone needs to convince Chicago to start spending some money, it doesn't make sense because they sell out every game.

Why even compare Nate Robinson (spark plug/6th man) to Westbrook (allstar all nba) or Parker (finals mvp) they're in totally different categories.  The only reason Nate even starts is because Hinrich is in a walking boot.  As for spending money good luck with that this team is run by Jerry fucking Reinsdorf they Bulls profits fund the White Sox.  

The Bulls gut their bench mob.  Asik who is #2 in rebounding, dump Korver whose one of the best spot up 3pt shooters, get rid of Rose's back up CJ Watson for Nate, Now they're pressuring Rose to play when he isn't mentally ready yet and potentially causing a rift between derrick and management.  It's not a shock that Scottie/MJ trashed the front office after they're were run out of town in the 90s or why Dwayne Wade was critical of the organization saying they're not first class during the mega free agency period two years ago.

Basketball is a game.  Baseball is a religion.  Baseball is American. - Jerry Reinsdorf

« Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 03:18:14 PM by sculpted fragments »

Tracer

« Reply #372 on: March 10, 2013, 05:01:43 PM »
Quote from: Tracer  link=topic=65909.msg1866731#msg1866731 date=1362951766
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

Why even compare Nate Robinson (spark plug/6th man) to Westbrook (allstar all nba) or Parker (finals mvp) they're in totally different categories.  The only reason Nate even starts is because Hinrich is in a walking boot.  As for spending money good luck with that this team is run by Jerry fucking Reinsdorf they Bulls profits fund the White Sox.  

The Bulls gut their bench mob.  Asik who is #2 in rebounding, dump Korver whose one of the best spot up 3pt shooters, get rid of Rose's back up CJ Watson for Nate, Now they're pressuring Rose to play when he isn't mentally ready yet and potentially causing a rift between derrick and management.  It's not a shock that Scottie/MJ trashed the front office after they're were run out of town in the 90s or why Dwayne Wade was critical of the organization saying they're not first class during the mega free agency period two years ago.

Basketball is a game.  Baseball is a religion.  Baseball is American. - Jerry Reinsdorf

It's just completely pointless to be a decent NBA team (if your goal is a championship..JIM?)..

Even with DRose the top 3 teams already shown they can shut him down.. Looks like a Bynum type deal, no point joining a shitty team at this point in the season only to get pumped in the playoffs and risk another injury. The guys are in their primes and money is everything to them.. well besides white women

sculpted fragments

« Reply #373 on: March 10, 2013, 05:27:25 PM »
It's just completely pointless to be a decent NBA team (if your goal is a championship..JIM?)..

Even with DRose the top 3 teams already shown they can shut him down.. Looks like a Bynum type deal, no point joining a shitty team at this point in the season only to get pumped in the playoffs and risk another injury. The guys are in their primes and money is everything to them.. well besides white women

The only team that shut down D Rose when he was healthy was LeBron and the Heat two years ago in the Eastern Conference Finals.  Our front office pretty much took that first title run as: "Yep, we've got enough to beat them we just needed that experience, we'll get em next year."  They were depending on an aging broke down Rip Hamilton to be Rose's second scorer for the Heat showdown and thats just not possible.  The Rip Hamilton of the Pistons glory days isn't walking through the door.  They sign Kirk Hinrich which will put them over the luxury tax, they still haven't used their amnesty clause on Carlos Boozer  despite the fact that they're paying Taj Gibson starter money now.  Luol Deng (who i love) a very good two way player was overpaid from his last contract.  I'm glad Reggie Rose called out the Bulls front office, and I'm glad that Jeff Van Gundy went on that mini tirade today during the Lakers game about how bad the ownership is.

I'm fine if Rose doesn't play this year -- He's said numerous times he isn't comfortable landing after dunks, he's told David Aldridge he has discomfort when cutting to the right, and now Doris Burke reported that his hamstrings are: "on fire".  Yet, the org leaks a story saying that he's fine and not mentally ready.  The front office is a mess and all they're doing is alienating their franchise player.

Will Easley

« Reply #374 on: March 10, 2013, 06:25:18 PM »
dont the bulls have the draft rights to some euro-player who's supposed to be like the next Dirk Nowitzki (as in his play style) and they're supposed to sign him next year? I'm a big bulls fan & honestly id rather have D.Rose make a full recovery mentally & physically as opposed to making some struggle-run to the championship. if he were at a 100% it'd be one thing, but it makes little since for him to get back up to speed in the middle of the playoffs or whatever. unless he wanna get on some Jordan vs the Celtics shit let that man recover for the next season.

i always figured they'd amnesty Boozer after this year & make a run for a big name free agent (preferably Tyreke Evans, Josh Smith, or even JR Smith if he were to part with the Knicks) but i dunno they might fuck around on some lame shit & keep him simply because he's played fairly well this season. for the most part they have just about all the pieces needed for a championship team they just need a better backup center and another reliable scorer to step up when Rose gets double-teamed. I thought the bench was weakened from last year but hinrich, bellineli, butler, & robinson have been solid replacements. Losing Asik was the real loss but hopefully we can get another backup big this offseason. ive always hated nazir Mohammed for years dude was always the most garbage backup center on all my teams in 2K lol.

sculpted fragments

« Reply #375 on: March 10, 2013, 06:44:09 PM »
dont the bulls have the draft rights to some euro-player who's supposed to be like the next Dirk Nowitzki (as in his play style) and they're supposed to sign him next year? I'm a big bulls fan & honestly id rather have D.Rose make a full recovery mentally & physically as opposed to making some struggle-run to the championship. if he were at a 100% it'd be one thing, but it makes little since for him to get back up to speed in the middle of the playoffs or whatever. unless he wanna get on some Jordan vs the Celtics shit let that man recover for the next season.

i always figured they'd amnesty Boozer after this year & make a run for a big name free agent (preferably Tyreke Evans, Josh Smith, or even JR Smith if he were to part with the Knicks) but i dunno they might fuck around on some lame shit & keep him simply because he's played fairly well this season. for the most part they have just about all the pieces needed for a championship team they just need a better backup center and another reliable scorer to step up when Rose gets double-teamed. I thought the bench was weakened from last year but hinrich, bellineli, butler, & robinson have been solid replacements. Losing Asik was the real loss but hopefully we can get another backup big this offseason. ive always hated nazir Mohammed for years dude was always the most garbage backup center on all my teams in 2K lol.

Nikola Mirotic is the guy you're thinking of he's a stud.  Josh smith would be the best signing out of those guys because of his athleticism if you put a guy like that with Noah in Thibs defensive scheme they would cause some trouble and you know they would rebound the hell out of the ball.  JR Smith would make Thibs just as crazy as Nate Robinson with his shot selection.  OJ Mayo is a free agent and Chicago was heavily interested in him prior to his Mavs signing.  Also a lot of Bulls fans want them to make a run at Kevin love after next year because he can opt out of his contract and he's been close friends with Rose since their AAU/High School basketball days and they work out together in the off season.

Top 16 Week 10 bwin MVP: Nikola Mirotic, Real Madrid

sculpted fragments

« Reply #376 on: March 10, 2013, 09:14:28 PM »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #378 on: March 10, 2013, 11:32:03 PM »

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #379 on: March 11, 2013, 12:09:48 AM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Will Easley

« Reply #380 on: March 11, 2013, 12:19:50 AM »

Oh me, Oh my
That was straight NASTY!!!

lmao that shit was brutal my mans hit the floor hard as hell! A top 3 dunk of the year for sure

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #381 on: March 11, 2013, 04:24:06 AM »
nice dunk but posterizing brandon knight isn't the craziest thing thats ever been done

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #383 on: March 11, 2013, 03:07:38 PM »
I love how the quality of a dunk in the NBA is mostly judged on how embarrassed/injured the defender is after the play.

Tracer

« Reply #384 on: March 11, 2013, 04:36:42 PM »
Its the equivalent of someone dunking on an 8 foot hoop over a child

Can't wait for SAS vs OKC tonight, best matchup all season..

october

• Rep: 23
« Reply #385 on: March 11, 2013, 04:58:25 PM »
The ONLY thing I miss about living in Oakland was season tickets to the Warrior's games.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #386 on: March 11, 2013, 07:11:33 PM »
Still shocked lee is their first all star since sprewell in 97. They've had some pretty quality players...
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Will Easley

« Reply #387 on: March 11, 2013, 07:51:03 PM »
Quote from: Tracer  link=topic=65909.msg1867584#msg1867584 date=1363045002

Nigga you sound ridiculous even without the defender that was still an impressive dunk off distance & hang time alone.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 07:55:26 PM by Will Easley »

Tracer

« Reply #388 on: March 11, 2013, 08:20:10 PM »
Quote from: Tracer  link=topic=65909.msg1867584#msg1867584 date=1363045002
Expand Quote
[close]

Nigga you sound ridiculous even without the defender that was still an impressive dunk off distance & hang time alone.
Dude it's 2 points! If DJ was such an electric dunker why isn't he in the dunk contest? BECAUSE HE'S 7 FEET TALL AND BARELY HAS TO JUMP 10 INCHES TO DUNK.. This is why the Clippers never win, style over substance. San Antonio/ OKC/ Miami don't play that shit

Great game in SanAntonio tonight, no Tony Parker= no problem

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #389 on: March 12, 2013, 09:57:45 PM »
This Miami Heat winning streak is making me sick.