Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 367411 times)

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: NBA 2012-13
« Reply #450 on: April 10, 2013, 03:44:28 PM »
Expand Quote
NBA is a brutal product, watching the end of the lakers game.. There is atleast 3 players who can't shoot FTs to save their lives!! How can you get paid over 10 million to play basketball and you can't shoot the damn ball?

You could teach a 12 year old girl to hit over 60% for god's sake, and I'm not joking
[close]

Or this dude:
"Ted St. Martin is a professional basketball free throw shooter and teacher. He holds the world record for consecutive free throws made, 5,221, made on April 28, 1996 while giving a shooting clinic to students. The 5,221 in a row took 7 hours and 20 minutes."

Dwight shoots 80% in practice. It's all mental. Being lectured on his technique is probably only going to stress him out more.

However, a funny stat: dwight has missed more free throws this year than nash has his entire career loloolollolo

The Human Condom

• Rep: 45
  • Free condoms! Free condoms from The Human Condom.
    • : /skeɪt/ avatar image
« Reply #451 on: April 11, 2013, 11:48:17 AM »

Nice play, still don't like MIA.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #452 on: April 11, 2013, 07:37:54 PM »
Love the Bulls, one of the few remaining tough teams

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #453 on: April 11, 2013, 11:58:09 PM »
as a bulls fan it disgusts me that you love them

Jive Turkey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 93
« Reply #454 on: April 12, 2013, 12:56:47 AM »
as a bulls fan it disgusts me that you love them
Heh!

Knicks game had me on edge. Nate Robinson killing it.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #455 on: April 12, 2013, 09:55:12 PM »
It's a shame the NBA wants the Lakers so bad in the playoffs.

So many phantom calls for Kobe's shots that gets him to the line.

Curry currently has 45 points.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Shmeatus

• Rep: 3
  • Knock ya face off the side of ya face
« Reply #456 on: April 12, 2013, 09:59:08 PM »

seriously this shit is pissin me off so much. 46 to 16 on freethrow attempts
have money have heart

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #457 on: April 12, 2013, 10:06:26 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
seriously this shit is pissin me off so much. 46 to 16 on freethrow attempts

its 50 to 16 now. Game over. Thanks to the David Stern.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Will Easley

« Reply #458 on: April 12, 2013, 10:08:50 PM »

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #459 on: April 12, 2013, 10:24:34 PM »
fuck yeah, go Lakers!!

they were down by 9 at 6:00 mark in the 4th and they came back.

they also fought hard in the last 3 minutes without Kobe.

and Warrios fans, i don't get why you mad doe. you're already in the playoffs, so quit buggin.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #460 on: April 12, 2013, 10:30:41 PM »
fuck yeah, go Lakers!!

and Warrios fans, i don't get why you mad doe. you're already in the playoffs, so quit buggin.

It was a good game, not trippin' on it. Just wanted a fair game. That game wasnt that at all.

Take away Howard's foul shots. Still would have bene probably 30+ to 16 in fouls attempts.

If you watched the game you would have clearly seen some calls go towards the lakers.

There was this one play where kobe did a fade away shot and Ezeli stuck his hand in the air, clearly 3-4 feet away from him. He got the call since he spun around and landed off balance, certainly not a foul. Oh, and he's a superstar.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #461 on: April 12, 2013, 10:35:46 PM »
Expand Quote
fuck yeah, go Lakers!!

[close]

It was a good game, not trippin' on it. Just wanted a fair game. That game wasnt that at all.

Take away Howard's foul shots. Still would have bene probably 30+ to 16 in fouls attempts.

If you watched the game you would have clearly seen some calls go towards the lakers.

There was this one play where kobe did a fade away shot and Ezeli stuck his hand in the air, clearly 3-4 feet away from him. He got the call since he spun around and landed off balance, certainly not a foul. Oh, and he's a superstar.

i watched the full game. i know what you mean cuz Kobe gets those bullshit calls all the time.

i'm watching the post-game and Kobe looks like he's been crying. i think he knows his season is over (and possibly the next.)

when asked if he feels like he tore his achilles he said 'yeah'.

i hope his career isn't over because of this.

so bummed now.

:'(

edit:

Kobe Bryant Postgame Interview About Torn Achilles
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 11:34:43 PM by smokecrack »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #462 on: April 12, 2013, 10:39:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
fuck yeah, go Lakers!!

[close]

[close]

i watched the full game. i know what you mean cuz Kobe gets those bullshit calls all the time.

i'm watching the post-game and Kobe looks like he's been crying. i think he knows his season is over (and possibly the next.)

when asked if he feels like he tore his achilles he said 'yeah'.

i hope his career isn't over because of this.

so bummed now.

:'(

Dang, I am a Kobe fan, no doubt. Never wanna see a player like him get hurt seriously. He played the whole game, almost.

I guess his Achilles is why he was missing from the last 3 min from the game or so.

-edit:

he apparently has a torn Achilles.

Mike Trudell        ✔ @LakersReporter

The Lakers believe Kobe Bryant tore his Achilles. He will have an MRI tomorrow to confirm.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 10:48:27 PM by Bubblegum Tate »

Will Easley

« Reply #463 on: April 12, 2013, 11:17:24 PM »
Damn i wasnt watching the game but I was following the box score so i knew it was close. Damn that's tragic man Kobe was literally carrying the Lakers all season & played with so much passion. Tough day for LA, this puts the franchise ina difficult position. They gonna blow the team up & start rebuilding with Kobe gone for a year?

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • this is joab
« Reply #464 on: April 12, 2013, 11:41:54 PM »
Kobe gets pampered by the refs every night. Golden State clearly won that game, but Kobe is out so its all good.  Im sick of all the Kobe hype, the dude clearly sucks the refs' dicks for foul calls. GSW all the way baby!

Gotta manscape ... it's mandatory.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #465 on: April 12, 2013, 11:48:07 PM »
Kobe gets pampered by the refs every night. Golden State clearly won that game, but Kobe is out so its all good.  Im sick of all the Kobe hype, the dude clearly sucks the refs' dicks for foul calls. GSW all the way baby!

Harrison Barnes got called a foul, barely a reach for the ball, just Kobe's Achilles gave out, this is when Kobe got hurt.

Kobe Tears Achilles Vs Warriors

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • this is joab
« Reply #466 on: April 12, 2013, 11:54:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Kobe gets pampered by the refs every night. Golden State clearly won that game, but Kobe is out so its all good.  Im sick of all the Kobe hype, the dude clearly sucks the refs' dicks for foul calls. GSW all the way baby!
[close]

Harrison Barnes got called a foul, barely a reach for the ball, just Kobe's Achilles gave out, this is when Kobe got hurt.

Kobe Tears Achilles Vs Warriors

the officiating was pretty suspicious.

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #467 on: April 13, 2013, 12:11:35 AM »
Losing Kobe is nothing, the guy is awful on defense.. Lakers still have a great team.. Howard, Pau, Clark, Blake... every player on their team is a stud, time for some team ball. I think LA upsets in round 1 even without Kobe

Shmeatus

• Rep: 3
  • Knock ya face off the side of ya face
« Reply #468 on: April 13, 2013, 09:05:22 AM »
Quote from: Tracer  link=topic=65909.msg1891417#msg1891417 date=1365837095
Losing Kobe is nothing, the guy is awful on defense.. Lakers still have a great team.. Howard, Pau, Clark, Blake... every player on their team is a stud, time for some team ball. I think LA upsets in round 1 even without Kobe

you just went full person
have money have heart

Tracer

« Reply #469 on: April 13, 2013, 10:16:32 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
LAL has a winning record when Kobe sits. This shouldn't be surprising given he's a total ballhog and useless on D

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • this is joab
« Reply #470 on: April 13, 2013, 10:28:17 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The Human Condom

« Reply #471 on: April 13, 2013, 03:07:16 PM »
Yahoo! posted an article, "Kobe Bryant goes on a Facebook rant, vowing to return while still casting doubts about rehab"
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/kobe-bryant-goes-facebook-vent-vowing-return-while-151947306--nba.html
Here's the excerpt from his post,
    This is such BS! All the training and sacrifice just flew out the window with one step that I've done millions of times! The frustration is unbearable. The anger is rage. Why the hell did this happen ?!? Makes no damn sense. Now I'm supposed to come back from this and be the same player Or better at 35?!? How in the world am I supposed to do that??

I have NO CLUE. Do I have the consistent will to overcome this thing? Maybe I should break out the rocking chair and reminisce on the career that was. Maybe this is how my book ends. Maybe Father Time has defeated me...Then again maybe not! It's 3:30am, my foot feels like dead weight, my head is spinning from the pain meds and I'm wide awake. Forgive my Venting but what's the purpose of social media if I won't bring it to you Real No Image?? Feels good to vent, let it out. To feel as if THIS is the WORST thing EVER! Because After ALL the venting, a real perspective sets in. There are far greater issues/challenges in the world then a torn achilles. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, find the silver lining and get to work with the same belief, same drive and same conviction as ever.

One day, the beginning of a new career journey will commence. Today is NOT that day.

"If you see me in a fight with a bear, prey for the bear". Ive always loved that quote. Thats "mamba mentality" we don't quit, we don't cower, we don't run. We endure and conquer.

I know it's a long post but I'm Facebook Venting LOL. Maybe now I can actually get some sleep and be excited for surgery tomorrow. First step of a new challenge.

Guess I will be Coach Vino the rest of this season. I have faith in my teammates. They will come thru.

Thank you for all your prayers and support. Much Love Always.

Mamba Out

Pretty sad. 

Here's a funny video of Nate Robinson trying to illegally steal a jump ball:
"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyFNoT2hDPQ&list=UUL9gcNKPb8Aiv_UPdlK3Vlw&index=2"

Tracer

« Reply #472 on: April 13, 2013, 03:21:10 PM »
Yahoo! posted an article, "Kobe Bryant goes on a Facebook rant, vowing to return while still casting doubts about rehab"
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/kobe-bryant-goes-facebook-vent-vowing-return-while-151947306--nba.html
Here's the excerpt from his post,
Expand Quote
    This is such BS! All the training and sacrifice just flew out the window with one step that I've done millions of times! The frustration is unbearable. The anger is rage. Why the hell did this happen ?!? Makes no damn sense. Now I'm supposed to come back from this and be the same player Or better at 35?!? How in the world am I supposed to do that??

I have NO CLUE. Do I have the consistent will to overcome this thing? Maybe I should break out the rocking chair and reminisce on the career that was. Maybe this is how my book ends. Maybe Father Time has defeated me...Then again maybe not! It's 3:30am, my foot feels like dead weight, my head is spinning from the pain meds and I'm wide awake. Forgive my Venting but what's the purpose of social media if I won't bring it to you Real No Image?? Feels good to vent, let it out. To feel as if THIS is the WORST thing EVER! Because After ALL the venting, a real perspective sets in. There are far greater issues/challenges in the world then a torn achilles. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, find the silver lining and get to work with the same belief, same drive and same conviction as ever.

One day, the beginning of a new career journey will commence. Today is NOT that day.

"If you see me in a fight with a bear, prey for the bear". Ive always loved that quote. Thats "mamba mentality" we don't quit, we don't cower, we don't run. We endure and conquer.

I know it's a long post but I'm Facebook Venting LOL. Maybe now I can actually get some sleep and be excited for surgery tomorrow. First step of a new challenge.

Guess I will be Coach Vino the rest of this season. I have faith in my teammates. They will come thru.

Thank you for all your prayers and support. Much Love Always.

Mamba Out
[close]

Pretty sad. 

Here's a funny video of Nate Robinson trying to illegally steal a jump ball:
"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyFNoT2hDPQ&list=UUL9gcNKPb8Aiv_UPdlK3Vlw&index=2"
hahah the rapist is ranting on facebook? what a tool, lakers fans probably eat that shit up.. NBA=soft

lil Nate is fukking hilarious, he's always doing some borderline circus act like excessive celebrations after he scores.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #473 on: April 13, 2013, 09:35:43 PM »

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #474 on: April 13, 2013, 09:42:15 PM »
I don't know how much Ewing theory potential Kobe, or the lack thereof, has on this lakers team if they can make the playoffs but I, and this leaves a bad taste in my mout, haveagree with tracer they still have plenty of ballers.

And I don't want to take total credit for jinxing Kobe but I did make a post referencing mambas numbered days. If you see me out there I will be pointing the finger at German medicine.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

The Human Condom

« Reply #475 on: April 16, 2013, 06:04:00 PM »
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 06:27:10 PM by The Human Condom »

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #476 on: April 16, 2013, 06:19:33 PM »
ok well this changes my prediction about the spurs beating the lakers

Tracer

« Reply #477 on: April 16, 2013, 06:25:16 PM »
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/9179561/tracy-mcgrady-san-antonio-spurs-reach-deal
Spurs sign T-Mac for Playoffs
What a weird move. SAS dumped SJackson and now they sign TMac? Don't see how this makes them better but def. adds some veteran winning presence . Going to be an interesting postseason

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #478 on: April 16, 2013, 07:50:00 PM »
"Veteran winning presence"? Sure, he's old, but none of his teams ever even made it past the first round of the playoffs (not that that makes him a bad player or anything). I think they just needed a body to fill out their rotations in case one of their role players gets injured; I guess you could do worse than a 7-time all-star scorer for that purpose.

And yes, the Lakers slim post-season chances have pretty much evaporated now that OKC has the #1 seed. At least coach Kobe won't have to suffer their incompetence for very long (probably 5 games max).

Will Easley

« Reply #479 on: April 16, 2013, 08:04:54 PM »
^ The Lakers can still get the 7 seed if they beat Houston and utah loses to memphis tomorrow night.