Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 367322 times)

Will Easley

Re: NBA 2012-13
« Reply #570 on: May 05, 2013, 05:47:31 PM »
While i totally respect Rose's decision to sit out the season & wait til his knee & his confidence is at 100%, it would be dope to see the bulls get beat by Miami for a couple games cause of their star power, only to motivate him to make a surprise return. It would be some NBA's Greatest Moments type shit if that happened & they managed to win the series. Highly unlikely, and while i expect the Bulls to put up a fight, without the team at 100% i doubt they get 4 wins over Miami. still, ya never know tho. Ima ride with my squad regardless. I aint gon be mad if (or when) miami comes out of the east but i do really hope NY or Chicago beats em. Pacers got a chance too but whatever I aint really fuckin with em.

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #571 on: May 06, 2013, 01:38:42 AM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #572 on: May 06, 2013, 03:59:40 AM »
Posting predictions after 2 game 1's always gives your picks some credibility.

Memphis 6
Pacers 6
Golden State 7
Miami 5
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #573 on: May 06, 2013, 05:17:19 AM »
i don't see any loses in the near future for miami

Will Easley

« Reply #574 on: May 06, 2013, 06:53:20 PM »
YEEEAAAAHHHH YALL NIGGAS LIKE THAT BULLS WIN IN MIAMI HUH!?

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #575 on: May 06, 2013, 09:26:30 PM »
Awesome, Warriors had 18 point lead, then now it's start of O.T.

:-X

edit: they blew it.
YOU BLEW IT!!!!!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 10:05:24 PM by Bubblegum Tate »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Will Easley

« Reply #576 on: May 06, 2013, 10:18:16 PM »
such a shame Curry was playing lights out too.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #577 on: May 06, 2013, 10:20:21 PM »
such a shame Curry was playing lights out too.

The only up-side to the loss that it's only game 1. But blowing 18 point lead two games in a row is not a good sign.

It's like the old GSW again, can't hold a lead late in the game. Oh well, maybe a W on Wednesday.

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • this is joab
« Reply #578 on: May 06, 2013, 10:21:59 PM »
damnit... that chick in the crowd that was screaming was annoying as fuck. gonna be a good series, spurs better watch out.

Gotta manscape ... it's mandatory.

The Human Condom

• Rep: 45
  • Free condoms! Free condoms from The Human Condom.
    • : /skeɪt/ avatar image
« Reply #579 on: May 06, 2013, 10:30:37 PM »
What a great night of playoff ball!  Stoked on the south beach upset.

Bummed Golden State couldn't close, but can't hate on the Spurs performance.
On a related note, Steph Curry's mom, Sonya is a babe

She looks like actress, Thandie Newton.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #580 on: May 06, 2013, 10:49:23 PM »
damnit... that chick in the crowd that was screaming was annoying as fuck. gonna be a good series, spurs better watch out.

haha of course only quiet when the spurs weren't scoring.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #581 on: May 07, 2013, 12:09:54 AM »

I was watching the game online and heard that bitch. Would think the NBA or TNT would move her ass to another seat so everyone at home didn't have to hear that shit.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #582 on: May 07, 2013, 07:08:12 AM »
i usually prefer the underdog, but I love the heat. props to the bulls for the defense.
stef curry is a boss.
ginobili is was soo open.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #583 on: May 07, 2013, 07:10:19 AM »
That last spurs possession was a defensive nightmare for golden state. With 3 seconds left you should be doubling no one and some how tp cruiser drew the double, left Manu, not to mention diaw underneath the basket practically wide open, with a passing lane larger than the Grand Canyon, open for the easy outlet pass. Come on now. I know dude was cold but you can't gamble like that in the playoffs.

With that said it was a good loss for the dubs. They know that if their shooting stays hot they can beat them and as long as their key players don't make ticky tac fouls and stay on man late in the game winning in 7 is plausible.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • this is joab
« Reply #584 on: May 07, 2013, 07:23:01 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I was watching the game online and heard that bitch. Would think the NBA or TNT would move her ass to another seat so everyone at home didn't have to hear that shit.

glad i wasn't the only one thinking that. bitch pissed me off more than the fact the dubs lost. 

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #585 on: May 07, 2013, 09:20:27 AM »
also, nate robinson gets noooo respect. dude is a beast. needs to start somewhere.

Will Easley

« Reply #586 on: May 07, 2013, 09:30:10 AM »
also, nate robinson gets noooo respect. dude is a beast. needs to start somewhere.

i always said if dude was at least 6 feet tall he'd have all-star potential. He can get ahead of himself sometimes but dude is so clutch I cant even be mad at the confidence. He's exactly what we need on offense with Rose out. I remember back when he played for NY & was benched for like a month straight and in his first game back he came & dropped like 50 points to pull off the OT win. it was on some disney channel comeback shit dude was making the craziest pull-up 3's back to back

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #587 on: May 07, 2013, 09:35:35 AM »
he has been been inconsistent, but when the man has something to prove.....god damn.
I guess he just needs a starting job, and for the local media to never praise him ever.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #588 on: May 07, 2013, 03:17:27 PM »
told yall dudes , mother fucking spurs !!!

bad luck this game , nothing really going in , but playing like a team , never giving up  , Game went from being total shit to one of the best games fucking ever  . catching up like 15 points the last 4 mins ,  tying it up in the first OT , then fucking murking them

SPUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURs

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #589 on: May 07, 2013, 05:21:34 PM »
told yall dudes , mother fucking spurs !!!

bad luck this game , nothing really going in , but playing like a team , never giving up  , Game went from being total shit to one of the best games fucking ever  . catching up like 15 points the last 4 mins ,  tying it up in the first OT , then fucking murking them

SPUUUUUUUUUUUUUUURs
Spurs play no defense, they stole that game and will have big trouble winning at thte Oracle

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #590 on: May 07, 2013, 05:25:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

i always said if dude was at least 6 feet tall he'd have all-star potential. He can get ahead of himself sometimes but dude is so clutch I cant even be mad at the confidence. He's exactly what we need on offense with Rose out. I remember back when he played for NY & was benched for like a month straight and in his first game back he came & dropped like 50 points to pull off the OT win. it was on some disney channel comeback shit dude was making the craziest pull-up 3's back to back

yeah and if he was 7'5" he'd be the best center. your brain doesn't work properly. part of the reason hes so quick and agile is because hes so little, you take that away and his game would have developed differently.

Will Easley

« Reply #591 on: May 07, 2013, 06:22:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

yeah and if he was 7'5" he'd be the best center. your brain doesn't work properly. part of the reason hes so quick and agile is because hes so little, you take that away and his game would have developed differently.

Really? How different would his game be if he were half a foot taller? would he be an unathletic facilitator who cant shoot? lol, get the fuck outta here. his strengths are his athleticism/staying in shape, high energy, and his ability to create his own offense. all of which can be achieved at any size. your post wasnt nearly "profound" enough to be tryna say someones brain doesnt work. Talent=Talent.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #592 on: May 07, 2013, 06:41:22 PM »
i repeat, if the dude grew to a different height his game would have developed differently. I never said he wouldn't be a good player. You can't just say that if someone were half a foot taller they would be a better version of themselves like all this shit would happen in a vacuum. if you are too stupid to understand that there is no hope for you.

Will Easley

« Reply #593 on: May 07, 2013, 06:53:58 PM »
i repeat, if the dude grew to a different height his game would have developed differently. I never said he wouldn't be a good player. You can't just say that if someone were half a foot taller they would be a better version of themselves like all this shit would happen in a vacuum. if you are too stupid to understand that there is no hope for you.

Ok Mr. If-you're-gonna-make-what-if-statements-they-better-be-as-realistic-as-possible-or-else-you're-regular. All I'm saying is that if Nate Robinson's game was in a slightly taller body, he'd have all-star potential. It's not too hard to imagine a 6 foot guard playing like Nate Robinson. The fact the you even made it a point to insult me because of that statement just goes to show how thirsty you are.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 07:10:24 PM by Will Easley »

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #594 on: May 07, 2013, 07:33:30 PM »
man, you don't have to get personal calling me hurtful names like "Mr. If-you're-gonna-make-what-if-statements-they-better-be-as-realistic-as-possible-or-else-you're-regular". that's just crossing the line. If you don't think Nate Robinson would be a different player if he was in a different body then you are on Tracers level of basketball understanding.

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • this is joab
« Reply #595 on: May 07, 2013, 07:38:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Ok Mr. If-you're-gonna-make-what-if-statements-they-better-be-as-realistic-as-possible-or-else-you're-regular. All I'm saying is that if Nate Robinson's game was in a slightly taller body, he'd have all-star potential. It's not too hard to imagine a 6 foot guard playing like Nate Robinson. The fact the you even made it a point to insult me because of that statement just goes to show how thirsty you are.

I disagree. I enjoyed watching Nate when he was with the Dubs. But he is a pretty high risk player, and I do not see 12 inches helping him be more consistent in the ways he contributes to his teams.  Definitely fun to watch.  At times he seems to have all star potential but he also makes some mistakes that keep you scratching your head.  He's like that kid at your local park who does sick shit that gets you hyped, but then he just keeps going to the point where you are no longer impressed.

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • this is joab
« Reply #596 on: May 07, 2013, 07:39:31 PM »
you are on Tracers level of basketball understanding.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #597 on: May 07, 2013, 08:05:15 PM »
man, you don't have to get personal calling me hurtful names like "Mr. If-you're-gonna-make-what-if-statements-they-better-be-as-realistic-as-possible-or-else-you're-regular". that's just crossing the line. If you don't think Nate Robinson would be a different player if he was in a different body then you are on Tracers level of basketball understanding.
I've been right about everything except the Denver series. Who knew Denver would brick every FT + Curry would go off for 50 points?

Will Easley

« Reply #598 on: May 07, 2013, 08:05:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I disagree. I enjoyed watching Nate when he was with the Dubs. But he is a pretty high risk player, and I do not see 12 inches helping him be more consistent in the ways he contributes to his teams. �Definitely fun to watch. �At times he seems to have all star potential but he also makes some mistakes that keep you scratching your head. �He's like that kid at your local park who does sick shit that gets you hyped, but then he just keeps going to the point where you are no longer impressed.

lol get the fuck outta here I saw that weak ass attempt of a first post you should just kept quiet. In my original post I clearly said "If he was at least 6 feet tall..." Dude is listed as 5'9, so I have no idea why yall actin as if i said he were to move up to power forward or some shit. 3 to 6 inches means he's still a small guard that relies on the same strengths he already has to be effective, but isnt terribly undersized compared to the average NBA player. YOU NIGGAS are the one's whose brains arent functioning, seeing as how you fail to read throughly before tryna come at me with the most irrelevant shit. Nate Robinson at 6'3 is nowhere close to Shaq playing point guard or Yao Ming being 2 feet taller. it is a maximum 6 inch height difference. Theoretically speaking, (the key words to this whole debate) i highly doubt his game would be that much different than it is now, aside from being able to attack the rim thru even more bodies & not being as much of a defensive liability.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #599 on: May 07, 2013, 08:16:03 PM »
you are arbitrarily increasing a players height and then saying they would all of a sudden be a better player because of it, when Nate excels because of his body type, not in spite of it.