Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 367361 times)

Will Easley

Re: NBA 2012-13
« Reply #660 on: May 17, 2013, 09:31:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Pops is really good but Spoelstra made the heat an amazing team and is making everyone else change how they play. I hate the heat but you gotta give credit where its due.
[close]

No doubt, Spoelstra made the heat an amazing team. Not that guy named Lebron James being the best player on the planet teamed up with two other superstars and solid role players...

Despite the superstars I do think Spoelstra is a pretty good coach. There's always gonna be a ton of pressure coaching a squad like that but I think he's handled it well as well as managing the ego's of the players & things like that. He cant be too incompetent if Pat Riley's backing him, ya know?

Ernie McCracken

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 35
« Reply #661 on: May 17, 2013, 09:37:03 AM »
Quote from: Tracer �link=topic=65909.msg1914079#msg1914079 date=1368758137
Spoelstra is a great coach, but Hollins? You gotta watch some more NBA games, the guy is complete idiot, especially in late game situations. Even last night Memphis always blew the game

UGLY game tonight in NY, Pacers got screwed by the refs but that's standard in extending the series. Hibbert's 2nd foul was one of the worst i've ever seen

you formed that sentence right after calling someone else and idiot..

are you kidding me? yeah what is so great about Spoelstra?Lebron James made Mike Brown look like a good coach.  You could take Wade and Bosh off that team and still get through the eastern conference with ease. He got worked by Rick Carlisle in the 2011 finals. That is why I'd be more intrigued to watch the Heat take on a team other than OKC because the Thunder's style of play is a good matchup for the Heat. the Spurs or Grizzlies would create a series where Spoelstra would have to make adjustments.

Hollins adapted to having his top scorer and all star caliber player traded mid season. He's got that team motivated and playing his style of rugged defensive minded basketball.

No need to keep talking about the Knicks and Pacers series. Its not like the Knicks are going anywhere nor is it a good product of basketball.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 09:50:10 AM by Ernie McCracken »

Ernie McCracken

« Reply #662 on: May 17, 2013, 09:48:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Pops is really good but Spoelstra made the heat an amazing team and is making everyone else change how they play. I hate the heat but you gotta give credit where its due.
[close]

No doubt, Spoelstra made the heat an amazing team. Not that guy named Lebron James being the best player on the planet teamed up with two other superstars and solid role players...
[close]

Despite the superstars I do think Spoelstra is a pretty good coach. There's always gonna be a ton of pressure coaching a squad like that but I think he's handled it well as well as managing the ego's of the players & things like that. He cant be too incompetent if Pat Riley's backing him, ya know?

I agree, I think he is a decent coach, but I'm just saying you give him the Grizzlies, Pacers, Nuggets, or Spurs and Spoelstra wouldnt be taking those teams to great records. Maybe he could, I don't know. Im going off what I see and I dont see him as a great strategic coach. Riley has forgotten more about basketball than I'll ever know so who am I to say this? If the Heat win it all this season then I'll give him more credit because he will have beaten good teams strategically  rather than his superstars out dueling the Thunder's superstars. If they lose then we will see how he deals with the immense pressure

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #663 on: May 17, 2013, 02:26:57 PM »
Will be Spurs and Heat in the finals

Spurs will murder memphis

Will Easley

« Reply #664 on: May 17, 2013, 02:43:44 PM »

Murder them? Dude they gave San Antonio a first round upset as an 8th seed 2 years ago, and they weren't even as good as they are now while SA has relatively stayed the same. SA might be able to squeak out a series win, I wouldnt be surprised if they did, but itll definitely be competitive. dont be surprised if Memphis cripples Duncan or Parker either. niggas gon be scrappin!

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #665 on: May 17, 2013, 03:49:22 PM »
yes monty they spurs will win if they can make the basketball go through the basket more than memphis can

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #666 on: May 17, 2013, 03:56:33 PM »
yes monty they spurs will win if they can make the basketball go through the basket more than memphis can

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #667 on: May 17, 2013, 06:01:48 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Murder them? Dude they gave San Antonio a first round upset as an 8th seed 2 years ago, and they weren't even as good as they are now while SA has relatively stayed the same. SA might be able to squeak out a series win, I wouldnt be surprised if they did, but itll definitely be competitive. dont be surprised if Memphis cripples Duncan or Parker either. niggas gon be scrappin!
Going to be seeing a lot of Splitter and Diaw fighting down low with Memphis goons. I hope there is a fight Ron Artest style these 2 teams give it the beest chance

Ernie McCracken

« Reply #668 on: May 17, 2013, 10:33:27 PM »

You can say the Spurs are the favorites to win, but Memphis is not the type of team that gets murdered. They are way too good defensively to not at least be competitive in a series like this.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #669 on: May 19, 2013, 10:26:38 AM »
Grizzlies in 6
Heat in 6
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #670 on: May 20, 2013, 06:34:35 PM »
Amazing game !

Now I was gonna write a post about that San Antonio really moving the ball around , shooting alot better then they did against the warriors and that their defence were working over time on man to man and picking up rebounds much better then against the warriors .

Shutting down key memphis players , almost 30 poing lead at one point

but Ill leave it to beer keg peg leg who said these words of wisdom

thanks !

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #671 on: May 20, 2013, 06:49:35 PM »
Memphis is a fucking joke they got down 32 points in game 1!

Spurs win this series in 4 games and Stephen Jackson will cry like a baby

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #672 on: May 20, 2013, 09:05:31 PM »
Amazing game !

Now I was gonna write a post about that San Antonio really moving the ball around , shooting alot better then they did against the warriors and that their defence were working over time on man to man and picking up rebounds much better then against the warriors .

Expand Quote
[close]

thanks !

stop pretending you understand basketball.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #673 on: May 20, 2013, 09:15:30 PM »
Expand Quote
Amazing game !

Expand Quote
[close]

thanks !
[close]

stop pretending you understand basketball.

look , is this cause I didnt buy you a beer when I was living in Oz ? did the Swans or Spurs crush "your team" ?  only thing I need to understand about basketball is play like the spurs do , thats it

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #674 on: May 20, 2013, 09:21:31 PM »
i'm a bulls fan and the spurs are one of my favorite teams to watch in the whole league. i just think it's weird when you say stuff like 'they shot the ball better! they got more rebounds! they played better defense' its like yeah ok dude...how about telling us why you think they shot the ball better, what were they doing on defense to disrupt memphis...you always just post when the playoffs or on, stuff that someone could figure out from reading the box score.

Will Easley

« Reply #675 on: May 20, 2013, 10:46:40 PM »
Boo-hoo nigga this is SLAP aint nobody paying Monty Burns to be an expert basketball analyst. All I know is that he said the Spurs were gonna murder the Grizzlies & that's basically what happened as of Game 1. Until Memphis bounces back with a win, any pro-Spurs shit talking and/or uninformed team-hyping is all good. The Grizzlies were salty for losing as bad as they did but I highly doubt Zach Randolf will have another 2 point game any time soon.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #676 on: May 21, 2013, 01:32:44 AM »
yeah if only the grizzlies had a 7'8" spud webb they could have defeated the spurs

The Human Condom

• Rep: 45
  • Free condoms! Free condoms from The Human Condom.
    • : /skeɪt/ avatar image
« Reply #677 on: May 21, 2013, 07:04:33 AM »
How has he not had a tv show yet?
Metta World Peace Does the Weather Report

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #678 on: May 21, 2013, 07:36:24 AM »
I'm a die hard Spurs fan, and yes of course that game 1 outcome was awesome and I'm hyped on the outcome....but realistically if you think Z and the Grizz are gonna lay down/play like that the entire series ur cray....those dudes are going to come out hungry and ready to demolish...the series will get good tonight, and If they stand a chance, they gotta steal game 2 in SA to stand a chance.
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #679 on: May 21, 2013, 08:02:46 AM »
Quote from: Tracer  link=topic=65909.msg1916810#msg1916810 date=1369100975

You are seriously the worst Monday morning quarterback in history of humanity. You must live on overreaction. I can't imagine what leftovers night is like at your momma crib.

BEST SALSBURY STEAK EVARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Save that shit for the playground, sunny, this is grown folks talkin.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #680 on: May 21, 2013, 12:14:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I agree, I think he is a decent coach, but I'm just saying you give him the Grizzlies, Pacers, Nuggets, or Spurs and Spoelstra wouldnt be taking those teams to great records. Maybe he could, I don't know. Im going off what I see and I dont see him as a great strategic coach. Riley has forgotten more about basketball than I'll ever know so who am I to say this? If the Heat win it all this season then I'll give him more credit because he will have beaten good teams strategically  rather than his superstars out dueling the Thunder's superstars. If they lose then we will see how he deals with the immense pressure

Well currently i think spolstra is great because hes sticking to a style and its working. hes built his offense and defense around analytics and size mismatches that weigh just as much on guys like battier as it does on lebron. Obviously lebron is good and it lends a certain flexibility to his current style that may not exist on other teams but on the other hand, lebron isnt the only guy on the team playing defense. its especially noticeable when theyre against good teams because a lot of times other teams wont adjust to it because they think its bullshit. I think the style caught a lot of people off guard.

Small ball and mismatch has existed forever but most of the time teams dont build their whole strategy around using it and i think that the heat winning the finals against a pretty dominant thunder team  really got people to look at the way he was doing things.

Also spoelstras big on analytics. other coaches are too and its also been around forever but hes reaaally into it. He builds data sets for other teams and he finds ways to use it to suggest adjustments to players and when he rotates guys on/off the court, and how to maximize a players potential. You can totally make the argument that lebron kinda fuddles how much of an effect this stuff has had and then the general incompetence of the eastern conference but im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Contrast that with popovich who isnt into computer analytics and sticks mostly to fundamentals/using his system. Hes a magician for seeing things others dont but thats not really that accessible to other coaches, what spoelstras is doing is something anybody can do which makes his style more game changing.

All of this kinda makes this years potential finals really interesting if it ends up being spurs-heat. Its either a huge referendum on what spoelstra's doing or the ultimate vindication. The old master vs the new kid on the block. Ok, so maybe hes not the ~best~ coach but hes certainly one of the most interesting ones in the league in the last decade. anyways thats just my opinion.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 01:50:30 PM by The Ghost of Lenny Kirk »

Tracer

« Reply #681 on: May 21, 2013, 01:01:15 PM »
Quote from: Tracer  link=topic=65909.msg1916810#msg1916810 date=1369100975
Expand Quote

[close]

You are seriously the worst Monday morning quarterback in history of humanity. You must live on overreaction. I can't imagine what leftovers night is like at your momma crib.

BEST SALSBURY STEAK EVARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Save that shit for the playground, sunny, this is grown folks talkin.
I've been ballin my whole entire life. You may know a few things about NBA coaches and roster moves. But if you knew what really goes on in the NBA you would probably stop watching

I expect another Spurs beatdown tonight at the hands of old man Duncan and baldspot Ginobili. Memphis can't handle the firepower

Oh and Tony Parker has been receiving deathreats..

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #682 on: May 21, 2013, 06:27:42 PM »
Tell me what happens in the NBA? Like what? Post moves?

Tracer

« Reply #683 on: May 21, 2013, 06:40:34 PM »
You don't want to know. Chris Paul trade was denied by the NBA, that's all you need to know

Basketball reasons

Will Easley

« Reply #684 on: May 21, 2013, 06:41:50 PM »
Quote from: Tracer  link=topic=65909.msg1917702#msg1917702 date=1369186834
Expand Quote
[close]
You don't want to know. Chris Paul trade was denied by the NBA, that's all you need to know

Basketball reasons

ok yeah that shit was suspect but at the same time all your previous claims of the NBA fixing an LA team to be the playoffs is obviously out the window.

Tracer

« Reply #685 on: May 21, 2013, 06:51:28 PM »
Quote from: Tracer  link=topic=65909.msg1917702#msg1917702 date=1369186834
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Basketball reasons
[close]

ok yeah that shit was suspect but at the same time all your previous claims of the NBA fixing an LA team to be the playoffs is obviously out the window.
Most NBA fans know the NBA is sketchy. You of all people should realize what's really going on

Just youtube it it's blatant and in your face, the league isn't 100% and the players get fined for questioning it

Tracer

« Reply #686 on: May 21, 2013, 07:38:40 PM »
Memphis 31 points after 1st half. Even the Sixers put up 100 vs San Antonio SHTI!

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #687 on: May 21, 2013, 08:46:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I agree, I think he is a decent coach, but I'm just saying you give him the Grizzlies, Pacers, Nuggets, or Spurs and Spoelstra wouldnt be taking those teams to great records. Maybe he could, I don't know. Im going off what I see and I dont see him as a great strategic coach. Riley has forgotten more about basketball than I'll ever know so who am I to say this? If the Heat win it all this season then I'll give him more credit because he will have beaten good teams strategically  rather than his superstars out dueling the Thunder's superstars. If they lose then we will see how he deals with the immense pressure
[close]

Well currently i think spolstra is great because hes sticking to a style and its working. hes built his offense and defense around analytics and size mismatches that weigh just as much on guys like battier as it does on lebron. Obviously lebron is good and it lends a certain flexibility to his current style that may not exist on other teams but on the other hand, lebron isnt the only guy on the team playing defense. its especially noticeable when theyre against good teams because a lot of times other teams wont adjust to it because they think its bullshit. I think the style caught a lot of people off guard.

Small ball and mismatch has existed forever but most of the time teams dont build their whole strategy around using it and i think that the heat winning the finals against a pretty dominant thunder team  really got people to look at the way he was doing things.

Also spoelstras big on analytics. other coaches are too and its also been around forever but hes reaaally into it. He builds data sets for other teams and he finds ways to use it to suggest adjustments to players and when he rotates guys on/off the court, and how to maximize a players potential. You can totally make the argument that lebron kinda fuddles how much of an effect this stuff has had and then the general incompetence of the eastern conference but im willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Contrast that with popovich who isnt into computer analytics and sticks mostly to fundamentals/using his system. Hes a magician for seeing things others dont but thats not really that accessible to other coaches, what spoelstras is doing is something anybody can do which makes his style more game changing.

All of this kinda makes this years potential finals really interesting if it ends up being spurs-heat. Its either a huge referendum on what spoelstra's doing or the ultimate vindication. The old master vs the new kid on the block. Ok, so maybe hes not the ~best~ coach but hes certainly one of the most interesting ones in the league in the last decade. anyways thats just my opinion.

his system is offensive system is totally dependent on lebron, just like d'antonis was on nash. if you don't have a transcendent talent creating super efficient offense you will get destroyed on the boards playing small ball. i admire his defensive schemes though.

Tracer

« Reply #688 on: May 21, 2013, 08:48:47 PM »
tie game are u kidding me?

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #689 on: May 22, 2013, 09:25:06 AM »
Good game last night, cutting into that lead in the fourth to bring it to OT, thought i popped a molly for a minute there. 

Predicting Griz to take game 3 in a nail biter won by a shot in the final seconds. (but would love SA to win in 4 for the rest before the finals)
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?