Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 367325 times)

Big Skatefase

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
Re: NBA 2012-13
« Reply #690 on: May 22, 2013, 10:22:01 AM »
memphis should play bayless and pondexter more to give them some more offense because their starting line up only has 3 guys that can consistently score. tony allen/tayshaun prince are not giving you much on the offensive end. z-bo gotta step up too.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #691 on: May 22, 2013, 10:28:39 AM »
Memphis played one and a half good quarters, maybe, last night, let alone this entire series, I can only imagine what could if they can do it for an entire game. Defensively this team is a shell of what they should be. Pick n roll/Pick n Pop could not be stopped. Nobody seemed to rotate nor close out as threes were raining last night from San Antonio. Mike coloney is getting out played by Parker and can't seem to stay in front him. Offensivley they haven't been getting good looks down low and the reason seems to be Tiago splitter. He's not giving up an inch of space to Gasol and likewise with Duncan on Randolph. The lack of athleticism in the post seems to hurt Memphis; they have been able to guard Randolph with Leonard/Duncan/splitter almost never giving up a mismatch. The Parker/green/Leonard/splitter/Duncan line up might be the most efficient defensive line up this post season. When not able to get down low the guard play from Memphis is horrendous at worst and sketchy at best. You aren't going to win this series running mike coloney and tony Allen iso. The bench stepped it up some but they still need some more fire power. The only chink in the spurs armor seems to be matt bonner's defense or lack thereof. That 13-2 run in the end of the 4q happened because pop decided to play bonner instead of splitter (I don't quite remember if Tiago was in foul trouble or not). Going back to the grindhouse Memphis is going to recover from this defensive amnesia if they want to avoid being made fools of by this near perfect spurs team.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #692 on: May 22, 2013, 09:01:14 PM »
Thriller in Miami tonight wowi.. Lebron just shit on the Pacers hopes and dreams

Credit to Paul George but David West really blew that game, that was BAD

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #693 on: May 22, 2013, 09:35:59 PM »
lebron too good. 30/10/10  :o

Ernie McCracken

• Rep: 35
« Reply #694 on: May 22, 2013, 11:48:03 PM »
Thriller in Miami tonight wowi.. Lebron just shit on the Pacers hopes and dreams

Credit to Paul George but David West really blew that game, that was BAD

Just shit on their hopes and dreams? Crushing way to lose a game, but the Pacers almost took them out game 1 on their home floor.. If there is a team that won't be shaken up from this loss, its the pacers. Miami is going to be in for one hell of a fight.

The Human Condom

• Rep: 45
  • Free condoms! Free condoms from The Human Condom.
    • : /skeɪt/ avatar image
« Reply #695 on: May 23, 2013, 02:05:42 AM »

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #696 on: May 23, 2013, 04:20:17 AM »
good game, i only watched the OT, it was funny how confused everyone was that roy hibbert was not on the floor for that final layup.
I hope Indiana responds well, at least wins a game.

Camp Grunge

• Rep: -7
« Reply #697 on: May 23, 2013, 05:06:06 AM »
fuck lebron and the heat

i kinda want memphis to win the west because i think they have a better chance of beating the heat, but you gotta respect duncan and the spurs, plus ginobli and parker are fun to watch. the 2-0 lead might be too much for memphis at this point

« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 05:09:36 AM by Camp Grunge »

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #698 on: May 23, 2013, 01:56:09 PM »
What the fuck was Vogel thinking at the end of the game?

"Hey, we lost but at least Hibbert didn't foul out!"

Conservative tactics don't win games in the playoffs.

The Pacers got lucky and had chances to win but squandered them and James took advantage and made that shit look easy.

+Prepare 4 Randolph's revenge! Coming soon!

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #699 on: May 23, 2013, 03:12:29 PM »
^that call was anything but conservative. Miami had four shooters on the floor with birdman as a non factor. Vogel didn't want to put hibbert out there to get matched up with bosh in a situation where hibbert ends up helping, leaving bosh to hit an open 18 footer. By all means it was a poor decision you can live with bosh taking that shot to beat you but having lebron get to the rim when defensive 3 seconds is a non issue and you can easily run zone. Poor decision most definitely but conservative I'm rolling my eyes at that one.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Strike A Pose

• Get slapped!
« Reply #700 on: May 23, 2013, 05:09:17 PM »
^that call was anything but conservative. Miami had four shooters on the floor with birdman as a non factor. Vogel didn't want to put hibbert out there to get matched up with bosh in a situation where hibbert ends up helping, leaving bosh to hit an open 18 footer. By all means it was a poor decision you can live with bosh taking that shot to beat you but having lebron get to the rim when defensive 3 seconds is a non issue and you can easily run zone. Poor decision most definitely but conservative I'm rolling my eyes at that one.

How was it not conservative?

He was trying to protect Hibbert from getting another foul so that he could be on the floor in the case of a potential offensive possession at the end of the game.

That's being conservative

You put your best defender on the floor in that situation no matter what.

+You really thought LeBron wasn't going to take the last shot? hahaha Nobody was worried about Bosh!

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #701 on: May 23, 2013, 05:54:28 PM »
A conservative defense has a big man protecting the rim despite match up issues. Benching hibb had nothing to do with being in foul trouble and everything to do with who was on the floor. You don't think bosh can make mid range jumpers? Don't be a toy he's made a living off the worst shot in basketball. Go back and watch the play again and try to dissect it in an intellegent matter. You might find that Paul George takes his eyes off lebron for one second to see what ray allen is up to in the corner.

+the definition of conservative:

1. Favoring traditional views and values; tending to oppose change.
2. Traditional or restrained in style: a conservative dark suit.
3. Moderate; cautious: a conservative estimate.

Not having a rim protector is the opposite of moderate and cautious when you are up 1 point with 2.2 seconds left.

+there was no way in hell you were going to get an extra possession without fouling anyways and in that situation you think you are going to get a foul on someone hope they make one or less, inbound the ball with a second or less and then get the ball down to hib on the block? Don't think so.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 05:59:26 PM by bentmode »

Strike A Pose

• Get slapped!
« Reply #702 on: May 23, 2013, 10:01:17 PM »
Not reading any of that nonsense.

You can't even justify it!

It was a conservative move that cost them the game, end of story!!

Will Easley

« Reply #703 on: May 23, 2013, 10:06:50 PM »
Not reading any of that nonsense.

You can't even justify it!

It was a conservative move that cost them the game, end of story!!

he wasn't even trying to justify it he was just explaining to you how it technically wasnt a "conservative" move. basically you just need to use better adjectives if you want to seem like you know what you're talking about

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #704 on: May 23, 2013, 10:31:38 PM »
Why the fuck would they be saving Hibbert for the next offensive possession when they were 1 point ahead with only 2.2 on the clock? Even if Miami scored on a quick catch and shoot there probably wouldn't have been enough time for Hibbert to do shit on the other end.

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #705 on: May 23, 2013, 10:34:36 PM »
Cant wait for the Game tonight. I got the Pacers winning this one. If they do, I wouldn't want to be Miami. I had Pacers in 6 before the Series.

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #706 on: May 24, 2013, 05:20:31 AM »
If i was vogal, i'd rather have bosh attempt a wide open jumper, then lebron attack the rim without hibbert guarding.

I'm also, not vogal, im a white kid who shoots 25% from the free throw line.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #707 on: May 24, 2013, 08:20:28 AM »
^hoops 101

Will Easley

« Reply #708 on: May 24, 2013, 08:51:29 PM »
Nice game by Indiana. Paul George really steppin up & coming into his own. I aint gon lie I always kinda slept on the Pacers but they're a good team & I always kinda liked Vogel for how he came up as an interim coach that spoke with alot of confidence in his team. Will be interesting to see how Miami responds in game 3

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #709 on: May 24, 2013, 09:07:39 PM »
wade has to play better. ray allen and shane battier also have to start hitting their shots as well. Miami shooters have been non-existent.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #710 on: May 25, 2013, 01:04:25 AM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #711 on: May 25, 2013, 09:03:34 PM »
Tim Duncan 5 straight points in overtime like a boss.

Will Easley

« Reply #712 on: May 25, 2013, 09:34:50 PM »
smh monty burns looking like a basketball genius right about now. 3-0 lead? Damn!

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #713 on: May 25, 2013, 11:10:23 PM »
My dad's prediction was the Spurs winning it all...He doesn't look crazy right now. I thought they were done facing the Grizz but wow.

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #714 on: May 26, 2013, 01:44:39 AM »
smh monty burns looking like a basketball genius right about now. 3-0 lead? Damn!

i wasn't chastising him because he said the spurs would win, i was doing it because he would say shit like 'damn the spurs need to rebound more and shoot better then they will win'...generic shit that he tried to pass off as analysis that was really just a statement that could be said about every game of basketball that has ever been lost ever.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #715 on: May 26, 2013, 01:50:15 AM »
also the spurs are just fucking beautiful to watch on both ends of the floor. gasol and randolph CANNOT score when duncan is guarding them. that was so badass when they were getting blown out in the first and pop put in all the bench players and totally mind fucked hollins chris angel style. whoever it was saying spo was better than pop better check themselves. i thought memphis would be the better matchup against miami but damn i think the spurs can actually beat the heat...i know its early but shit...this is basketball.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #716 on: May 26, 2013, 06:17:06 AM »
Im no basketball super mind . I got lucky that when I moved to the US I moved to SA . So thats why Im a Spurs fan

In the start vs the warriors the main problem I thought was that the spurs on defence wasnt really working the defence , warriors dudes could go in , pick up their rebounds and then start over and shoot again .  Spurs usualy do good defence , they stick to their dudes and pick up rebounds . This is key to winning games as you could see against the lakers and now memphis  .

Its deff not something only I know or takes a genius to see . But if we are talking about basketball its a fair point for me to bring up , we cant just sit here in this thread and post scores , I thought we were talking about things that happen in the game

Heat might be in trouble now . both games were close and now its 2 away games for them , I really disslike the heat and bird man , so wouldnt be too bad for the Spurs if the heat got smoked

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #717 on: May 26, 2013, 02:29:34 PM »
The heat will win if norris cole plays more minutes. They need a small guy zipping around the court to stress the pacers out a little bit and force some mistakes.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 02:31:17 PM by The Ghost of Lenny Kirk »

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #718 on: May 26, 2013, 07:06:03 PM »
Wow. Give Spoelstra some more credit for that first half. 70 points in the first half in Indiana despite shooting only 4-5 three point attempts. Lebron's post up ability is impressive.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #719 on: May 26, 2013, 07:41:13 PM »
Somewhere in serbia, Vlade divac is shedding tears of joy over battier and wades oscar-worthy performances.

Also, give it up to haslam, definitely was not expecting him to put up points the way he has.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 08:06:36 PM by The Ghost of Lenny Kirk »