Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 367328 times)

krookedskate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -45
Re: NBA 2012-13
« Reply #930 on: June 20, 2013, 08:56:36 PM »
and all the free throws went to the spurs... no flops... not nearly as big as a douche bag as kobe

Will Easley

« Reply #931 on: June 20, 2013, 08:57:24 PM »
Manu Ginobli for Finals MVP?

krookedskate

« Reply #932 on: June 20, 2013, 08:59:29 PM »
hahaha^ he was playing pretty good before that

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #933 on: June 20, 2013, 09:02:01 PM »
God damnit. As much as I hate to say it, the Heat are probably the better team overall despite being less consistent. I just wish the Spurs had been able to steal it in Game 6.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #934 on: June 20, 2013, 09:02:16 PM »

holy fuck, i haven't seen such terrible ball handling in the finals all my life.

why did Pops keep him in the game? why the hell was Green still in the game too? these guys played like absolute shit.

and did y'all notice how happy Poppovich was for them? dude was smilin as he group hugged Spoelstra and a few other coaches. he was handin out wet kisses to Wade and Lebron. such fuckin bullshit.

(another complaint: why did the Spurs just let the Heat shoot wide open three's all night? they barely defended them behind the stripe. for such a well disciplined team, i don't understand how they collapsed defensively and had such horrendous ball-handling.)

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #935 on: June 20, 2013, 09:04:53 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

holy fuck, i haven't seen such terrible ball handling in the finals all my life.

why did Pops keep him in the game? why the hell was Green still in the game too? these guys played like absolute shit.

and did y'all notice how happy Poppovich was for them? dude was smilin as he group hugged Spoelstra and a few other coaches. he was handin out wet kisses to Wade and Lebron. such fuckin bullshit.

(another complaint: why did the Spurs just let the Heat shoot wide open three's all night? they barely defended them behind the stripe. for such a well disciplined team, i don't understand how they collapsed defensively and had such horrendous ball-handling.)

6-8 for Battier at 3's.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #936 on: June 20, 2013, 09:11:43 PM »
wow, historic performance by lebron

37/12/4 in a game 7  :o

L33Tg33k

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 701
  • F.A.P. - Forever Alone Party
« Reply #937 on: June 20, 2013, 09:16:09 PM »
fuck
Before you say the music sucked, have you considered shutting the fuck up?

krookedskate

« Reply #938 on: June 20, 2013, 09:18:21 PM »
that show was espns doing.... and maybe they shoulda just said two rings

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #939 on: June 20, 2013, 09:21:09 PM »
Amazing finals. Loved every second of it. cant wait for the next season. Kawhi green and neal are gonna become so much better, they totally grew up. green going toe to toe in fastbreak situations and winning. The next 3 in the making. parker, duncan and ginobli mustve been so tired from game 6. Shit happens, oh well, they still tha best.

Also, I think some of you guys misunderstand what im saying, i like the heat as a team but i just think lebron gets credit for lots of things he doesnt do. People make the heat all about lebron and i think thats shit. The heat could probably still make the finals without lebron but i dont think the reverse is true. Thats spoelstras defensive scheme out there, thats spoelstras version of small ball out there. Defense won that game so please give credit where its due. Its what kept the series from being a 4-1 spurs blowout victory, not lebron getting triple doubles.  

« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 09:27:02 PM by The Ghost of Lenny Kirk »

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #940 on: June 20, 2013, 09:24:31 PM »

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #941 on: June 20, 2013, 09:25:42 PM »
The heat could probably still make the finals without lebron

ahahahahahahahah no they wouldn't

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #942 on: June 20, 2013, 09:31:09 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Can you give a reason or something?

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #943 on: June 20, 2013, 09:36:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Can you give a reason or something?

wade isn't the same player he used to be. he can't even carry the heat when lebron goes to the bench. he can't even stay healthy.

bosh is a soft. S-O-F-T. wade and bosh alone will not get past the celtics of last year or the pacers this year.

lebron has the highest +/- in the league. the heat are not  a good team when lebron goes to the bench.

the heat without lebron are a 45-50 win team 2nd round team.

the reason the heat work is because of lebrons versatility to score, rebound, pass, and defend.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 09:43:53 PM by Big Skatefase »

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #944 on: June 20, 2013, 09:44:07 PM »
No one hates da heat fo dat reason

They seem like assholes(besides lebron)

lebron complains after every single play that doesn't go his way

they got all the calls down the stretch-no foul call on manu getting mugged and bosh landing his full body into green as he shot a three?

manu lost the spurs that game though, he made aboue 30 bad plays. not sure why they kept him in

really hope da spurs win tonight

everyone on the heat, except maybe cole, is a conceded asshole. they all are terrible sports and whine after every play. they act like good sports when they win, but are assholes when they lose. not to mention everything that has every come out of lebrons mouth. ie "i dont flop" FUCK THE HEAT AND FUCK ALL HEAT FANS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ph7qFvAIRCk

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #945 on: June 20, 2013, 09:51:44 PM »
Right. The Miami Heat get to the finals without lebron James, arguably the only person in the league who can gaurd positions 1-5. And it was defense that wins the game correct? Humph. I see your point as valid, clearly my eyes decieve me and maybe I should get that LASIK surgery I've always wanted.

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THAT.

A gipper size rant coming at y'all tomorrow about the legacy of lebron and something for the haters to think about, the casual fans specifically.

The spurs didn't have enough that's all it came down too. Ginobli had a bad ginobli game, Parker was a shell of himself, Timmy did everything he could barring having a heart attack on the court from giving every ounce of himself to the game, Tiago Neal  and Danny "I CAN'T DRIBBLE A BALL" Green disappeared. The offense looked stagnant and sloppy. Definsively they were giving up too much space to shooters, namely bron, even my girlfriend could plainly see that playing off lebron 8 feet was not working, and just getting plain out hustled. In a game 7 none of the previous 6 matters. It's win or go home. Put up or shut up. Miami did just that. Now I have to give credit where credit is due. Personally I thought kawhi was the best rookie of last season and he is clearly the most improved player. Hes going to be a guy I'm going to love to watch for years to come.

Final note: with 28 seconds left and only up by two in winning time, to create the distance by 2 possessions, lebron makes a 19 footer. That was when the game was over. That was the definition of clutch.  
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 09:55:51 PM by bentmode »
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Shredsledder

« Reply #946 on: June 20, 2013, 09:53:37 PM »
I was gonna be pissed off if either of those teams won. I dislike both teams to an unhealthy extent. I do like that guy Leonard on the spurs though.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #947 on: June 20, 2013, 10:00:45 PM »
Right. The Miami Heat get to the finals without lebron James, arguably the only person in the league who can gaurd positions 1-5. And it was defense that wins the game correct? Humph. I see your point as valid, clearly my eyes decieve me and maybe I should get that LASIK surgery I've always wanted.

GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE WITH THAT.

A gipper size rant coming at y'all tomorrow about the legacy of lebron and something for the haters to think about, the casual fans specifically.

The spurs didn't have enough that's all it came down too. Ginobli had a bad ginobli game, Parker was a shell of himself, Timmy did everything he could barring having a heart attack on the court from giving every ounce of himself to the game, Tiago Neal  and Danny "I CAN'T DRIBBLE A BALL" Green disappeared. The offense looked stagnant and sloppy. Definsively they were giving up too much space to shooters, namely bron, even my girlfriend could plainly see that playing off lebron 8 feet was not working, and just getting plain out hustled. In a game 7 none of the previous 6 matters. It's win or go home. Put up or shut up. Miami did just that. Now I have to give credit where credit is due. Personally I thought kawhi was the best rookie of last season and he is clearly the most improved player. Hes going to be a guy I'm going to love to watch for years to come.

Final note: with 28 seconds left and only up by two in winning time, to create the distance by 2 possessions, lebron makes a 19 footer. That was when the game was over. That was the definition of clutch. 

omg gonna be hitting f5 on this thread all day tomorrow, how am i gonna sleep tonight???

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #948 on: June 20, 2013, 10:09:06 PM »
I'm sure that wont keep you up all night but weeping Into your bootleg David Robinson jersey while watching the 99 finals on VHS should do the trick.

Don't catch feelings its only sports.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #949 on: June 20, 2013, 10:17:02 PM »
Easy to say for a Clippers fan. Never tasted any joy in your franchise's entire history and so you have become emotionally numb. You are some kind of abstraction. Only an entity. Something illusory. And though they you can hide your cold gaze, and I can can shake your hand and feel flesh gripping mine, and maybe I can even sense your lifestyle is comparable to mine, you are simply not there.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 05:22:32 AM by Beer Keg Peg Leg »

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #950 on: June 20, 2013, 10:38:47 PM »
I legitimately feel bad for Timmy. Missing on a crucial shot. A signature shot that he has made a thousands of times in practices and games. Wow. Danny Green post-game was pretty depressing, also. Would have loved to see them win so my Dad would be happy.

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #951 on: June 21, 2013, 04:28:06 AM »
very good series, everything you could want from both teams, could have gone either way.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #952 on: June 21, 2013, 04:49:27 AM »
fuck...

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #953 on: June 21, 2013, 06:45:34 AM »
Awesome series, one of the best in many years. Lebron played a good game.  this one stings a little more cause theres not the "theres always next year" mentality, SA's old and the west is strong and only going to get stronger, took them 6 years to get back to the big show, hoping it doesn't take another 6....
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #954 on: June 21, 2013, 12:54:28 PM »

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #955 on: June 21, 2013, 03:40:27 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Game 7 was an inside job. Stern must have gotten to Popovich somehow while he was in the Spurs' locker room before the game spreading butter on Manu ginobli's fingertips.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #956 on: June 21, 2013, 03:51:53 PM »
Pretty sure he wants to retire and coach Argentina's national team. So I hear.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

The Human Condom

• Rep: 45
  • Free condoms! Free condoms from The Human Condom.
    • : /skeɪt/ avatar image
« Reply #957 on: June 21, 2013, 03:54:30 PM »
The Onion is killing it pretty hard:

"Heat Fans Wake Up To Learn Team Won Game 7"
http://www.theonion.com/articles/heat-fans-wake-up-to-learn-team-won-game-7,32910/

"Heat Franchise Laughs In Nation's Stupid Fucking Faces For 10 Minutes"
http://www.theonion.com/articles/heat-franchise-laughs-in-nations-stupid-fucking-fa,32907/

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #958 on: June 21, 2013, 04:10:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Game 7 was an inside job. Stern must have gotten to Popovich somehow while he was in the Spurs' locker room before the game spreading butter on Manu ginobli's fingertips.

my thoughts exactly

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #959 on: June 21, 2013, 04:32:48 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjTXwVzEiYw

something always has to happen to Bosh, cant stop laughing hahaha

HOUSTON, TEXAS!