Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 368129 times)

Will Easley

Re: NBA 2012-13
« Reply #1050 on: July 05, 2013, 08:24:19 PM »
#prayforLA

LA might as well trade gasol for some draft picks, have kobe take most of season off (you know hes gonna try to play asap) and tank this year so they can get a decently high draft pick & rebuild from there. they only have nash locked in for the 14-15 season so they can prolly resign Kobe for a lower pricetag & pick up some big-name free agents with all that salary cap space.

I aint mad at howard for going to houston. it seems like the best fit for him, but even still now that hes FINALLY picked his long-term team, he better play his heart out to make up for all the bullshit hes been on the past few years
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 08:36:56 PM by Will Easley »

bentmode

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1051 on: July 05, 2013, 08:26:06 PM »
If I'm the lakers I'm trying to get Asik, pieces and or draft picks out of Houston while keeping eyes on the prize to bring lebron in next summer or the following.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 08:28:07 PM by bentmode »
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -325
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #1052 on: July 05, 2013, 08:39:43 PM »
first page in the next season should be a sorta our top picks for winners , runners ups and best teams and so on

Like winner , top 6 teams ,  errrr

check it after season is over and see who is on spot on

Will Easley

« Reply #1053 on: July 05, 2013, 08:42:28 PM »
If I'm the lakers I'm trying to get Asik, pieces and or draft picks out of Houston while keeping eyes on the prize to bring lebron in next summer or the following.

what do you think the odd are that lebron leaves the heat? assuming Bosh & Wade more or less play at the same pace they did this last season. you think he'd consider jumping ship again?

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #1054 on: July 05, 2013, 09:21:16 PM »
I think it's highly possible lebron leaves Miami. Its well known pat riley has sold his condo in miami and has a house in malibu awaiting his retirement. in the 14-15 season miami wont be able to afford the big 3 if they all decide opt in. d wade is getting older and is breaking down at a pretty consistant rate; also wade is consumed by the idea of parenthood I don't know how interested in basketball he really is anymore especially after winning three titles, maybe he feels his r?sum? is complete. The erosion of d wade is detrimental to miamis small ball scheme which is dependent on athleticism and outside shooting. Keeping all three, over time, ruins the system. Bosh has always been the X factor, being the fantasy gm that I am I dump wade and try to keep the bosh lebron tandem and put bosh at his natural position and build around that tandem. But if you're Miami do you try and make wade a lifer, a rarity in this day and age. These are the basketball reasons why I am leaning toward his departure.

His personal motivations are what confuse me. He's openly stated he wants to become a billionaire athlete. Los Angeles makes this a possibility. If not being in LA are we to believe that CP3 and Blake Griffin would be plastered all over American televison? However, I think that lebron feels some empathy over the dog an pony show that was "the decision" and wants to give back to the community that raised him and that is if and only if he and Dan Gilbert can break bread and squash beef. I think this a slim chance. If you read the comic sans fonted letter than you could see that Gilbert doesn't seem like the kind of guy who can let bygones be bygones. He seems to have a vandetta and that is drag lebrons name in the mud for the entirety of his career. All things considered signs point to sunny Southern California.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Will Easley

« Reply #1055 on: July 05, 2013, 09:49:25 PM »
yeah that makes sense. It'd definitely be interesting to see. Like you said I figure miami keeps wade for the rest of his career (but i guess I thought Boston woulda kept Paul Pierce too) and possibly trade bosh (if they felt the team was on the decline) just because he's the ugly duckling of the bunch but shit I guess you never know. it would just seem kinda strange for him to bring so much to miami for 3-4 years throughout all the controversy, only to move on somewhere else as soon as that contracts up. Stranger things have happened tho. Seeing Kobe & Lebron on the same team would be nuts. that is, if kobe is still playing by then.

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #1056 on: July 05, 2013, 11:20:46 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

gnidraobetaks

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 22
  • this is joab
« Reply #1057 on: July 05, 2013, 11:32:00 PM »
so hyped on the warriors picking up Igoudala and still having most of their guys. i knew biedrins and jefferson were going to be useful for something. ;D  :-* 8)

Gotta manscape ... it's mandatory.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #1058 on: July 06, 2013, 02:16:36 AM »
yeah that makes sense. It'd definitely be interesting to see. Like you said I figure miami keeps wade for the rest of his career (but i guess I thought Boston woulda kept Paul Pierce too) and possibly trade bosh (if they felt the team was on the decline) just because he's the ugly duckling of the bunch but shit I guess you never know. it would just seem kinda strange for him to bring so much to miami for 3-4 years throughout all the controversy, only to move on somewhere else as soon as that contracts up. Stranger things have happened tho. Seeing Kobe & Lebron on the same team would be nuts. that is, if kobe is still playing by then.

I thought Kobe could go on for a few more seasons the way he was playing this year before his achilles went. Wade, though less old decrepit, looked like he was on a one way downward slope. You can see that his body just isn't working as well anymore, and I think both he and Lebron know that the 7 championships they claimed are probably not gonna happen. If the Heat 'three-peat' (? Pat O'reilly) and Lebron jumps ship to another superteam in the summer,he could be well on his way to 6 rings.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #1059 on: July 06, 2013, 04:38:25 AM »
lebron would also be on his way to securing his legacy as the biggest ring chasing piece of shit ever as well. im doubtful he would head west though, that would be sacrificing his biggest advantage (playing in the piss weak east)

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #1060 on: July 06, 2013, 08:20:13 AM »
Lebron leaving the heat is such a pipedream. I think miami would do everything they could to keep lebron and buy enough people to keep them competitive even if bosh continues to degrade and wade loses his knees. Therell be all sorts of hoopla over his free agency but he'll end up signing a 3 year agreement with the heat with an opt out clause if things go south. Theyre a really strong team in a weak conference, i think he likes automatically going to the conference finals every year which is something no other team can kindof semi-guarantee, plus hes ultra comfortable with everybody on the heat now.

Theres nothing dan gilbert or chris grant can do to bring lebron over. Cavs dont have a system in place, mike brown isnt better than spoelstra and the cavs dont have a deep roster or the money to make it worth it. Hes only making shout outs to ohio so people might hate him less. Its not working.

Lakers dont have a system in place anymore, im sure lebron would want to play with kobe but i doubt the reverse is true, they dont have a young team anymore and who really wants to spend a whole season, probably two, trying to figure out team chemistry and building with new players? I doubt lebron wants to do that. and even if they do the west is just so much stronger that theres no real guarantee that theyll even make it through the playoffs.

Anyways, go rockets, they were an awesome choice, thats gonna be a fun team to watch. Also, whoever said they should just drop the conference bullshit and make it a 16 team mixed bracket was spot on.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 08:24:28 AM by The Ghost of Lenny Kirk »

Aatila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -305
« Reply #1061 on: July 06, 2013, 10:03:55 AM »
Lebron will not leave the heat. It's too much money invested in his branding in south beach. I'm a lakers fan and as much as I hate that d12 left it was good this was handled now instead of the middle of the season. The teams to watch in the west are the warriors rockets and clippers. Predictions warriors and clippers western conference finals.  Houston will get to the semi finals and lose in 6 games

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #1062 on: July 06, 2013, 10:19:04 AM »
lebron would also be on his way to securing his legacy as the biggest ring chasing piece of shit ever as well. im doubtful he would head west though, that would be sacrificing his biggest advantage (playing in the piss weak east)

In reality we all chasing a ring doe: wedding ring, cock ring, nuva ring, graduation ring, bearing.

See: Wilt Chamberlain
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 11:31:49 AM by bentmode »

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 677
« Reply #1063 on: July 06, 2013, 02:08:23 PM »

if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1064 on: July 06, 2013, 03:48:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

In reality we all chasing a ring doe: wedding ring, cock ring, nuva ring, graduation ring, bearing.

true, i ain't gonna announce my switch to bones swiss on national tv and bum out everyone in my hometown though

Will Easley

« Reply #1065 on: July 06, 2013, 04:52:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

true, i ain't gonna announce my switch to bones swiss on national tv and bum out everyone in my hometown though

We you do it to raise millions for the boys & girls club? I always thought the whole decision thing was pretty lame however with all that money donated to charity I feel it's definitely done more good than bad. Lebron made himself look like a dick on national tv for the benefit of many lol

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1066 on: July 06, 2013, 08:11:24 PM »
Im glad he did it, now i dont have to see his face in tons of commercials.

Also, jerred jack is on the cavs now? You guys think theres any chance they'll try going for asik or do the lakers have first dibs on him? im kinda hoping asik somehow gets reeled into the cavs to make em playoff worthy.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1067 on: July 07, 2013, 03:55:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

We you do it to raise millions for the boys & girls club? I always thought the whole decision thing was pretty lame however with all that money donated to charity I feel it's definitely done more good than bad. Lebron made himself look like a dick on national tv for the benefit of many lol

it's funny that you're just the type of sucker that 'it was for charity!' scheme was supposed to fool.

Will Easley

« Reply #1068 on: July 07, 2013, 07:41:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

it's funny that you're just the type of sucker that 'it was for charity!' scheme was supposed to fool.

the show itself wasn't specifically for charity but it did raise like $2-3 Million for the Boys & Girls Club (where it was filmed). I aint even some super huge Lebron fan but you've definitely shown yourself to be a thirsty hater. its just as bad as being a fanboy really. Like I said, that shit was pretty lame & he definitely kooked himself with all that but at the end of the day it did more good than bad. in my opinion anyway. I take the lives affected by the boys & girls club more seriously than some athletes public reputation.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1069 on: July 08, 2013, 02:59:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

the show itself wasn't specifically for charity but it did raise like $2-3 Million for the Boys & Girls Club (where it was filmed). I aint even some super huge Lebron fan but you've definitely shown yourself to be a thirsty hater. its just as bad as being a fanboy really. Like I said, that shit was pretty lame & he definitely kooked himself with all that but at the end of the day it did more good than bad. in my opinion anyway. I take the lives affected by the boys & girls club more seriously than some athletes public reputation.

i consider myself a fully quenched realist thank you very much.

Will Easley

« Reply #1070 on: July 10, 2013, 06:38:52 PM »
Cavs pick up andrew bynum ona 2 year deal with a team option in the 2nd. I think its a good gamble for them. Bynum obviously needs to mature and those knees are very questionable but for someone who averages 20 points & 11 rebounds, i think its worth the risk. the cavs been coming up low-key. Considering how much they lost with Lebron they've done a pretty good job recovering from all that

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #1071 on: July 11, 2013, 02:12:04 AM »
Kyrie Irving is gonna be the best point guard in the NBA soon, so Bynum coming back strong next year would be helpful for that team. I think you're pretty much settling for diminishing returns with him though in this stage of his career with what we know about his knees and attitude about being a professional basketball player.

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1072 on: July 11, 2013, 09:08:25 AM »
Seems like a win win. There was a good article about this saying that even if bynum tanks and his knees are still too shitty to play well theyll get a good draft pick next year, they didnt have to give up any players, and they only spent 6 million and wont have to pay the full 24 or even the 12 million for this season and they can drop him quickly. Cavs did a good job, hopefully all their cumulative experiences add up to something. they definitely have a shot at the 7th or 8th seed.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1073 on: July 11, 2013, 09:42:46 AM »
so hyped on the warriors picking up Igoudala and still having most of their guys. i knew biedrins and jefferson were going to be useful for something. ;D:-* 8)

Seriously. So glad we got rid of Biedrins finally. I hope Igoudala shakes up shit for the Warriors. Already looking forward to next season.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 677
« Reply #1074 on: July 11, 2013, 03:45:08 PM »
Kyrie Irving is gonna be the best point guard in the NBA soon, so Bynum coming back strong next year would be helpful for that team. I think you're pretty much settling for diminishing returns with him though in this stage of his career with what we know about his knees and attitude about being a professional basketball player.

It's kind of a win-win for Cleveland. They really have nothing to lose. He's only 25, barring his knees don't Oden on him. there's a clause in the contract that if he doesn't preform, Gilbert only has to pay 6 mill of the agreed deal (EDIT: heard this on the radio....I guess the 6 mill is guaranteed and the rest is performance incentives). Not exactly sure of that's the correct number though.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 03:49:30 PM by whitemanjazz »
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

GarglesCmen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
  • Hey, Nice Ass
« Reply #1075 on: July 12, 2013, 09:19:51 PM »
Public Rally for Dwight's presser being held here in Houston tomorrow! The whole city is starting to get into that basketball vibe! So hyped!

HOUSTON, TEXAS!

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #1076 on: July 16, 2013, 03:25:43 PM »
Two of the new Celtics are looking really excited to be in Boston

I think Brooks is about to cry

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1077 on: July 16, 2013, 07:48:51 PM »
Two of the new Celtics are looking really excited to be in Boston

I think Brooks is about to cry

Boston is pretty much screwed for the foreseeable future. Still anything is better than PP and KG they can't even run anymore

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #1078 on: July 18, 2013, 02:38:58 PM »
Monta Ellis and Delembert to Dallas if Monta jells with Dirk I could see a semi deep playoff run in the near future

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1079 on: July 18, 2013, 03:54:29 PM »
Monta Ellis and Delembert to Dallas if Monta jells with Dirk I could see a semi deep playoff run in the near future
Monta's player efficiency has been terrible the entire season. Shocking to see that Cuban would take a chance on this cancer. They got to let go of Dirk he's too old and slow

/pissed