Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 367353 times)

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
Re: NBA 2012-13
« Reply #1110 on: September 06, 2013, 07:12:08 AM »
Kyrie might have a really good year this time around. Some people were saying that because the cavs were trying to tank they would extend kyries injury times beyond what they were suppose to be so there's the off chance he's not as fragile as he's made out to be.

In which case how much money do you think the lakers might throw at him once his contract is up? Meta was singing his praises and I've seen some YouTube clips of Kyrie and Kobe together. Lakers are gonna be very desperate this year. For once in their lives they're the underdogs.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #1111 on: September 06, 2013, 07:39:27 AM »
Depends on Kobe's contract renewal. Someone will throw max money at him.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #1112 on: September 06, 2013, 04:00:13 PM »
wont kyrie be a RFA?

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #1113 on: September 06, 2013, 04:40:37 PM »
Yes... But I'm sure he's gonna get some ridiculous offers

If John wall gets 80mill, then he's certainly due a huge payday.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #1114 on: September 06, 2013, 09:27:48 PM »
I don't watch basketball but I got to say that "the birdman" looked like a dork in that video,  but that might have just been because his stupid haircut.  I just like watching people discuss any kind of subculture/hobby in great detail.  That's why I'm in here. This dude posts a lot of NBA stuff that I usually find entertaining: http://netscapeshawty.tumblr.com/

My dad likes the warriors. 

I'm the same way with the loving subcultures. the internees the best for that, there's forums for everything and unless it's private u can just watch all the weirdos from a safe distance
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1115 on: September 07, 2013, 03:11:33 AM »
Yes... But I'm sure he's gonna get some ridiculous offers

If John wall gets 80mill, then he's certainly due a huge payday.

yeah but as if the cavs wont match anything offered to him...they aren't letting another superstar go

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #1116 on: September 07, 2013, 07:48:23 AM »
Yeah.. kind of goes without saying. I doubt there is a franchise that wouldn't match any offer sheet. Pure hustle and heart.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1117 on: September 07, 2013, 12:59:55 PM »
They probably will match whatever offers he gets but if the cavs don't make playoffs or Bynum, waiters and Tristan (and I guess Bennett) don't really live up to expectations i dont think its such a clear cut decision anymore. He would be the first player to reject a max offer off a rookie contract true but if it looks like more years in hell what's really keeping decision 2.0 from happening?

Either everybody does a lot of growing up this season and surpass expectations or a couple cards sag and the whole pyramid falls.

Either way this season is going to be really fun to watch.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1118 on: September 08, 2013, 01:56:55 AM »
They probably will match whatever offers he gets but if the cavs don't make playoffs or Bynum, waiters and Tristan (and I guess Bennett) don't really live up to expectations i dont think its such a clear cut decision anymore.

Either everybody does a lot of growing up this season and surpass expectations or a couple cards sag and the whole pyramid falls.

HOW ABOUT THE FACT THAT 2014 IS A TEAM OPTION AND HES STILL A RESTRICTED FREE AGENT AFTER THAT...god i hate you

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1119 on: September 08, 2013, 04:35:45 AM »
Expand Quote
They probably will match whatever offers he gets but if the cavs don't make playoffs or Bynum, waiters and Tristan (and I guess Bennett) don't really live up to expectations i dont think its such a clear cut decision anymore.

[close]

HOW ABOUT THE FACT THAT 2014 IS A TEAM OPTION AND HES STILL A RESTRICTED FREE AGENT AFTER THAT...god i hate you

Yeah exactly, so if he doesn't sign the team option that would probably start the rumor mill in this offseason. It's a 20 million gap the but it's LA and its a big market team. If the cavs suck how does this not at least make some sense?

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1120 on: September 08, 2013, 04:38:27 AM »
ok so you don't know what a team option is or what a restricted FA is, thanks for the contribution

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1121 on: September 08, 2013, 04:43:24 AM »
Edit: alright I'm mixing this all up.

1.) they're going to use their team option and extend kyries contract

2.) Kyrie then either accepts the qualifying offer which extends his contract one more year and makes him a full on unrestricted FA the year after or he doesn't and he enters restricted FA the next year and finds some weird way of making the trade work because the lakers are loaded and hates tanking and wants to play with a competitive team.

3.) he leaves the cavs and finally joins the lakers.

4.) this is just a rumor and it doesn't actually happen because no ones ever rejected a team offer out of RFA but that doesn't make it any less fun to play devils advocate.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 06:15:09 AM by The Ghost of Lenny Kirk »

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #1122 on: September 09, 2013, 06:11:34 AM »
The cavs will extend his contract 4-5 more years. It's not a one and done thing.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1123 on: September 09, 2013, 06:20:18 AM »
The cavs will extend his contract 4-5 more years. It's not a one and done thing.

You're Correct Horse

Jackie Joyner Kersee

• Rep: 13
Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #1124 on: September 11, 2013, 01:48:39 PM »

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -109
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #1125 on: September 20, 2013, 04:40:33 PM »
REALLY excited to see what this team does next season they were so fun to watch in the playoffs even though they were going up against my Spurs. I'm calling  WCF

http://www.nba.com/2013/news/09/18/iguodala-and-warriors-eye-big-season.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpts

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #1126 on: October 08, 2013, 06:19:40 AM »
as a birthday gift to you shit heads i proudly present to you the 2013-14 $lap pal$ fantasy basketball league:

http://games.espn.go.com/fba/leagueoffice?leagueId=136267

Now accepting members. If you were a member before i have erased your info since we didn't play last season. please pm me your email address. 11 spots available. 

draft is set for sunday october 20th 9:30 pm eastern.

L.S

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #1127 on: October 08, 2013, 12:01:21 PM »
Is it possible to change the name of my team from the last league? I could really use a better name.

edit: or is it that you automatically pick a new name when you get a new invitation?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 12:23:20 PM by L.S »
LS stands for little sidekick, lil shit lil slug/slime etc etc

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #1128 on: October 08, 2013, 01:27:21 PM »
You'll be assigned to a team that's already named but you can edit all that stuff pretty easily

La Nouvelle Vague

« Reply #1129 on: October 08, 2013, 02:42:30 PM »
Are there any fellow Chicago fans on this forum?

Will Easley

« Reply #1130 on: October 08, 2013, 04:01:37 PM »

Til the death of me! I know yall see D-Rose out here killing it! he caught a lot of hate for sitting out the season but you can tell that he's definitely got confidence in his knee and isnt timid about taking contact. dude went straight into roy hibberts chest down in the paint in that indiana game without even thinking about it

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1131 on: October 08, 2013, 04:28:13 PM »
I am not a huge Bulls fan but I like D Rose and am visiting Chicago later this month to check out a pre season game.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

La Nouvelle Vague

« Reply #1132 on: October 08, 2013, 05:45:31 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Til the death of me! I know yall see D-Rose out here killing it! he caught a lot of hate for sitting out the season but you can tell that he's definitely got confidence in his knee and isnt timid about taking contact. dude went straight into roy hibberts chest down in the paint in that indiana game without even thinking about it

Yeah in this day and age an ACL tear isn't a death sentence like it once was.  The big thing through the first two preseason games is the fact that you can clearly see Derrick has his explosiveness/quickness back and like you were saying there isn't any hesitation.  I can't wait until we see our first Rose & Butler fastbreak/alley oop.

Also, here is Zach Lowe's piece on the NBA tier lists

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #1133 on: October 15, 2013, 03:06:38 PM »
as a birthday gift to you shit heads i proudly present to you the 2013-14 $lap pal$ fantasy basketball league:

Now accepting members. If you were a member before i have erased your info since we didn't play last season. please pm me your email address. 11 spots available. 

Bumping this thread since the season is starting relatively soon and a lot of you dudes wanted to play fantasy hoops. still need 6-8 guys to make a competitive league.

pencil

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -131
  • my other account is abudabi
« Reply #1134 on: October 15, 2013, 06:59:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Bumping this thread since the season is starting relatively soon and a lot of you dudes wanted to play fantasy hoops. still need 6-8 guys to make a competitive league.

free?
would you rather read an abudabi post or have a screwdriver shoved up your ass?

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #1135 on: October 15, 2013, 09:45:48 PM »
The only thing on the line is ur pride.

Also to let the dudes who played previous years know this years format is slightly different: head to head each category; also considering switching to an auction draft instead of a snake.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 09:55:55 PM by bentmode »

L.S

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #1136 on: October 16, 2013, 01:17:09 PM »
How does an auction draft work? I've only been part of leagues that have had a snake draft.
LS stands for little sidekick, lil shit lil slug/slime etc etc

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #1137 on: October 16, 2013, 03:06:30 PM »
Everyone gets a salary cap of $200 and takes turns picking players for people to bid on. The player with the highest bid takes the player and this continues until rosters are full. It's chess compared to checkers. You have to be tactical about how you spend your money. It takes a bit longer but you could also have you roster constructed quickly.

heritage

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1138 on: October 16, 2013, 07:40:43 PM »
Why exactly did the Kings move to Seattle get shot down?

Still a damn shame they moved the Sonics to OK City.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1139 on: October 17, 2013, 01:43:09 AM »