Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 367379 times)

Bubblegum Tate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #1230 on: November 30, 2013, 09:49:57 PM »
Expand Quote
I cant expect the bulls to make the playoffs
[close]

It's the east, they will by default

Probably the Knicks as well. They are worse than the Bulls. But like ekayallday said, it's the Eastern Conference.

Big Question is where will Melo end up next season? Lakers, Heat?
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #1231 on: November 30, 2013, 09:50:28 PM »
john wall is turning into a beast

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1232 on: November 30, 2013, 10:49:21 PM »
john wall is turning into a beast

He;s too sick. My fav John Wall clip. All-Star game fun.
John Wall's Behind the Back Dunk - NBA All-Star Game 2012 HD
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

dask8d00d

« Reply #1233 on: November 30, 2013, 10:51:25 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I cant expect the bulls to make the playoffs
[close]

It's the east, they will by default
[close]

Probably the Knicks as well. They are worse than the Bulls. But like ekayallday said, it's the Eastern Conference.

Big Question is where will Melo end up next season? Lakers, Heat?

I'm almost certain it's the lakers. They'll have enough cap space, melo & Kobe are great friends, and you know LaLa wants to live right there in that Hollywood scene. He'll probably tease all sorts of teams during free agency but ultimately I can't imagine him anywhere else

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #1234 on: December 01, 2013, 01:51:59 AM »
I think/hope the Lakers are gonna avoid big moves this offseason, sign some good role players like have done, maybe even get a lower lottery pick this draft and make a play for Love/Westbrook/Irving in the future when Kobe's got a year left on his extension. Melo's 30 so it would be a more expensive max than one of those younger guys and I'm not sold on him as a #1 option.
I think the darkhorse could be Dallas who've been gagging to land a big free agent since forever. Dirk will resign for cheap, Monta Ellis is on a good contract, they've got a good coach/ownership/management and they might even have room for another max guy after Melo. Although the wifey could be an issue if Odom is anything to go by....

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #1235 on: December 01, 2013, 04:24:49 AM »

lebron shitting himself right now

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1236 on: December 01, 2013, 12:58:08 PM »

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #1237 on: December 01, 2013, 08:33:35 PM »
itd be awesome to see Houston trade asik to the lakers for some draft picks. not gonna happen though.

dask8d00d

« Reply #1238 on: December 01, 2013, 09:26:00 PM »

one of the very few poster dunks where instead of shitting on the defender, they shit on themselves.

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1239 on: December 02, 2013, 11:02:23 AM »
I thought this was interesting. Thought it was kind of bush league when Kidd dropped his cup, but according to this old head coach it always happened. Made me think better of him, almost like a historian.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/10067054/ex-nba-coach-kevin-loughery-says-spill-drink-goes-way-back

Would be stoked if the Lakers waited out for Westbrook and Love. I think Irving might end up better than Westbrook, but would be cool to have the 2 UCLA guys back together.

And Anthony Davis is fuckin nuts. Going to go see the Pelicans play the Clippers in a few weeks.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
« Reply #1240 on: December 02, 2013, 12:34:53 PM »

And this guy is on my fantasy team siiiiiiigh
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1241 on: December 02, 2013, 12:52:58 PM »
I thought this was interesting. Thought it was kind of bush league when Kidd dropped his cup, but according to this old head coach it always happened. Made me think better of him, almost like a historian.

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/10067054/ex-nba-coach-kevin-loughery-says-spill-drink-goes-way-back

Would be stoked if the Lakers waited out for Westbrook and Love. I think Irving might end up better than Westbrook, but would be cool to have the 2 UCLA guys back together.

And Anthony Davis is fuckin nuts. Going to go see the Pelicans play the Clippers in a few weeks.

Sadly, he fractured his hand. Don't know when he will be back. Same goes for JJ Reddick.

ChronicBluntSlider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1242 on: December 02, 2013, 02:24:52 PM »
Shitty. I know Reddick's supposed to be out 6-8 weeks. Hopefully Davis will be back sooner.

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #1243 on: December 04, 2013, 04:34:24 PM »

hahahahaha it's funny because  I know Rudy's eyes lit up when he saw it was Mozgof  "Imma poster this fool like Derozan and Griffin did" dude got sent packing Rudy is such a fucking bum so far this season

king_in_the_north

• Rep: 27
  • I'm not liquid john
« Reply #1244 on: December 05, 2013, 06:31:12 AM »
that mexico city smokeout saved my fantasy team. would have liked to watch that game though...
also if you read my whole facebook timeline from back in 2007 then this will also prove that magic is real.

JerrySeinfeld

• Rep: -3
« Reply #1245 on: December 05, 2013, 07:12:59 AM »
Knicks vs Nets tonight. A battle to see who can be worse. Is it possible for both teams to lose?

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
« Reply #1246 on: December 05, 2013, 08:52:20 AM »
Way to redeem your entire career, Mozgov.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #1247 on: December 05, 2013, 10:42:09 AM »
that mexico city smokeout saved my fantasy team. would have liked to watch that game though...

are you passes left? if so, fuck uuuu
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

L.S

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #1248 on: December 05, 2013, 04:39:03 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

That would be me. Anthony Davis breaking his arm is killing my team right now.
LS stands for little sidekick, lil shit lil slug/slime etc etc

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
« Reply #1249 on: December 05, 2013, 04:42:38 PM »
Way to redeem your entire career, Mozgov.
Mosgov is playing like a man possessed. I know Denvers training staff is top notch, but this guy looks like a brand new player.

Sucks about the Mexico city game, there hasn't been a game there since 92.. Wonder if Adam Silver will ever go back after this! It would be cool to see a game in Australia, tickets would sellout and it's a good hoops country.

king_in_the_north

• Rep: 27
  • I'm not liquid john
« Reply #1250 on: December 05, 2013, 11:57:42 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

not the slap league unfortunately, bummed I wasn't more proactive in joining that
also if you read my whole facebook timeline from back in 2007 then this will also prove that magic is real.

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1251 on: December 08, 2013, 08:46:07 PM »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1252 on: December 08, 2013, 08:57:09 PM »
Rudy Gay traded to Kings.

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #1253 on: December 08, 2013, 09:09:44 PM »
Kobe 2/9 in the Raps game, 9/8/6 with a stack of turnovers. I think he'll get back up there, but you can notice how he stops ball movement pretty badly sometimes.

dask8d00d

« Reply #1254 on: December 08, 2013, 09:16:26 PM »
Kobe 2/9 in the Raps game, 9/8/6 with a stack of turnovers. I think he'll get back up there, but you can notice how he stops ball movement pretty badly sometimes.

Not sure if I agree with that seeing as how he was mostly looking to facilitate. He was dropping some really good dimes guys just weren't finishing

Dantoni fucked up by not bringing back Henry in the 4th. Dude had 17 points on 6/8 shooting in only 14 minutes, helped bring them back into the game and then for the majority of the 4th dantoni left fuckin Jodi Meeks in there to be abused by derozen and not score. Man if I were him I'd be mad as fuck, they woulda had a much better chance to win with him in there

ALABAMAMAN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #1255 on: December 08, 2013, 09:22:17 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Not sure if I agree with that seeing as how he was mostly looking to facilitate. He was dropping some really good dimes guys just weren't finishing

Dantoni fucked up by not bringing back Henry in the 4th. Dude had 17 points on 6/8 shooting in only 14 minutes, helped bring them back into the game and then for the majority of the 4th dantoni left fuckin Jodi Meeks in there to be abused by derozen and not score. Man if I were him I'd be mad as fuck, they woulda had a much better chance to win with him in there
bummed 2k hasn't put him in the line up yet.....

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1256 on: December 08, 2013, 09:47:37 PM »
kobe lookin a lil flabby.

looks like he needs to drop a few lbs.

not seeing much lift but hopefully that comes back when he gets in better shape.

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1257 on: December 09, 2013, 01:33:58 PM »
Rudy Gay traded to Kings.
Gay was shooting 38.8% averaging 19 shots a game and made $18 million. The fact Toronto was able to get someone to take that contract was good enough. Vasquez wasn't too bad with New Orleans either.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #1258 on: December 09, 2013, 03:05:04 PM »
masai ujiri is a gangster

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #1259 on: December 09, 2013, 11:12:32 PM »
It's too bad he's had to use up so much of that gangster just correcting the mistakes made by the previous GM. Definitely a huge step forward though. Canada might actually have a decent team in a couple years now that there's someone with a brain making basketball decisions in Toronto.