Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 367452 times)

bentmode

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 211
  • Da$h
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #1320 on: January 03, 2014, 01:35:22 PM »
 ::)
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

dask8d00d

« Reply #1321 on: January 03, 2014, 02:35:36 PM »
Nah I like lance on the pacers he's that wildcard, crazy-guy player every championship team needs. He may have his boneheaded plays here & there but he's also capable of being the unexpected hero on any given night

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #1322 on: January 03, 2014, 05:40:42 PM »
Love that celebration. Never change Lance.

Tracer

• Rep: -65309
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
« Reply #1323 on: January 03, 2014, 06:53:23 PM »
Nah I like lance on the pacers he's that wildcard, crazy-guy player every championship team needs. He may have his boneheaded plays here & there but he's also capable of being the unexpected hero on any given night
Pacers championship team? They just scored 80 points vs Toronto

Lance is having a career year in every category through 1/3 season... that won't continue and Indiana will have problems scoring late season

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -110
  • MR.MADN3SSS LOVES YOU... NT MM
« Reply #1324 on: January 03, 2014, 07:52:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Lance is having a career year in every category through 1/3 season... that won't continue and Indiana will have problems scoring late season

One quarter shy of making the NBA finals, 3rd best record in the NBA, best defensive ranking in the NBA, deep bench, if that's not Champion calibre I don't know what is

dask8d00d

« Reply #1325 on: January 03, 2014, 07:55:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

One quarter shy of making the NBA finals, 3rd best record in the NBA, best defensive ranking in the NBA, deep bench, if that's not Champion calibre I don't know what is

I too almost pointed out these things but then I realized that it's just tracer's dumbass and it really isn't worth arguing about

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

Tracer

• Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #1327 on: January 03, 2014, 08:40:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

If some miracle hapens like Lewhore get injured Indiana has a chance. SA will stomp them in the finals

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #1328 on: January 04, 2014, 07:34:01 AM »
Okc, Miami and Indy are like the rock paper sciccors of basket ball, man.
Han solo blew up the Death Star in Episode 4.  Heard it from a friend.  Reliable source.

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1329 on: January 05, 2014, 03:09:38 PM »
Bout to watch Raptors vs Heat! Toronto has not defeated Miami since 2010 but tonight I think that's finally going to change, look to Jonas and Amir to have big games against Miami's undersized front court.

dickthreats

• Rep: -4
« Reply #1330 on: January 05, 2014, 04:23:39 PM »
fuck yeh i love b ball

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1331 on: January 05, 2014, 08:00:05 PM »
Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.

Tracer

« Reply #1332 on: January 05, 2014, 08:14:11 PM »
How bout the Knicks? Gosh it's not often you get to say that. Buried Dallas tonight held em to 80 points

dask8d00d

« Reply #1333 on: January 05, 2014, 08:20:27 PM »
How bout the Knicks? Gosh it's not often you get to say that. Buried Dallas tonight held em to 80 points

yeah even my little brother gets to beat me in 2k sometimes

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1334 on: January 06, 2014, 08:31:55 AM »
what the...
Andrew Bogut Slams Home Curry's Unintentional Oop Off the Backboard

Bogie!! hahahahha he even did the Shaq hand thingy.

Really interested to see what team lands 'Dre Miller which ever team it is they'll improve drastically http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2014/01/06/morning-shootaround-jan-6/#nuggets

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1335 on: January 07, 2014, 08:56:57 AM »
Bynum traded along with the Kings protected first round pick, two second round picks and can swap first round picks with the Cavs in 2015 for Luol Deng.

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1336 on: January 07, 2014, 09:54:11 AM »
Hopefully this can rejuvenate Deng back to his 20. 5. 5. days

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #1337 on: January 10, 2014, 02:45:10 PM »

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #1338 on: January 10, 2014, 09:42:52 PM »
hyped the bulls have pulled together a couple wins. really wish they will amnesty boozer and put the money towards someone young. I don't think getting a star is the right direction

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #1339 on: January 10, 2014, 09:52:15 PM »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1340 on: January 10, 2014, 10:22:54 PM »
I wanna get that Ray Allen jersey. But that's about it.

Tracer

« Reply #1341 on: January 10, 2014, 11:34:18 PM »
I'm convinced Ray allen is the only reason this is happening. NBA is getting a bit more ghetto with this looked for a while they tightened it up a bit.

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #1342 on: January 11, 2014, 01:10:56 PM »
Glad to see the Nets are starting to get their shit together.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #1343 on: January 11, 2014, 03:28:23 PM »
Rly wished bosh would have gone with something more fitting like boshtradomous instead of the cb cop out. Jesus shuttles worth is fire though.

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #1344 on: January 11, 2014, 03:40:21 PM »
Yeah, so many people defaulted to initials it took the shine off it a bit. And how is D. Wade a nickname?

chillout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 9
  • beer
« Reply #1345 on: January 12, 2014, 01:58:35 PM »
Yeah, so many people defaulted to initials it took the shine off it a bit. And how is D. Wade a nickname?

almost as bad as the jerseys that say d. rose on them, which are incredibly popular amongst idiots

Tracer

« Reply #1346 on: January 12, 2014, 02:03:21 PM »
Anderson may be out for the season, rough sledding for him

The saddest and grimmest of all details concerning Gia Allemand's death have been revealed by police.

The 29-year-old dance instructor, who gained fame on The Bachelor and Bachelor Pad, had been fighting with her boyfriend hours before using a vacuum cleaner cord to hang herself from the stairwell of her home, according to an incident report obtained by E! News from the New Orleans Police Department.

Per the report, boyfriend Ryan Anderson told investigators that he and Allemand had argued through lunch on the afternoon of Aug. 12 "over her suspicions that he had been unfaithful to her."

Anderson, who plays for the NBA's newly renamed New Orleans Pelicans, said that he took her to a Walgreens to buy several items, including Nyquil cough syrup, before dropping her off at her apartment at around 6 p.m. Before she got out of the car, the report continues, Allemand told him that she still loved him, to which he said he replied, "I don't love you anymore."

PHOTOS: Celebrity deaths in 2013

Anderson went home, he said, and at 7:28 p.m. he got a text from Allemand's mother saying he needed to go check on Gia, that they had been on phone and then the line just went silent for 10 minutes.

The athlete told police that he arrived at Allemand's house 20 minutes later, opened the door with his key and found her unconscious but in a sitting position on the second step of a spiral staircase near her front door, a vacuum cleaner cord "wrapped around her neck many times," the report states.

The report continued: "Anderson stated that he frantically unwrapped the cord" from around her neck, she was "not responsive" and he stated that he "began yelling for help." A neighbor, Julieann Snow, later told police that she heard a male voice "frantically calling for help" at about 7:50 p.m. and, when she went next door, she saw Anderson "holding Ms. Allemand on the floor near the door."
Gia Allemand John Lamparski/Getty Images

Snow told Officers Daniel M. Oquendo and Robert Fuller, who first responded to the scene and filled out the incident report, that she then called 911.

CHECK OUT: Gia's five best moments on The Bachelor

Per the report, Oquendo then called for a crime lab and a homicide detective, the latter of whom surveyed the scene and advised that he saw no signs of foul play in the apartment.

The officers stated that they found a handwritten note lying on the dining room table that read, "Mom gets everything."

At University Hospital, where Allemand was taken by ambulance, a Dr. E. Jones told Oquendo and Fuller that she was "technically still alive," but on life support and being given drugs to keep her blood pressure at a life-sustaining level. Her prognosis was "grim," the doctor reportedly said, and it was estimated that she had been deprived of oxygen for approximately 30 to 40 minutes.

Allemand died after being taken off of life support on Aug. 13.

Anderson later said in a statement that she "was the most beautiful person" he knew.

"She had such an amazing impact on my life and anyone that knew her was blessed," he said. "All I have left is to cherish those memories we made together and help perpetuate the many values, faith and love that we shared."

Her colleagues at Pure Barre gym, where she taught classes, organized a memorial for the late star in New Orleans on Saturday. At least 50 people gathered along the banks of the Mississippi River to share memories and prayers and toss white flowers in the water.

A public viewing was taking place today at Papavero Funeral Home in Maspeth, N.Y., and then Allemand's family is holding a funeral for her tomorrow at Trinity Grace Church of Chelsea in New York City.

bentmode

• SLAP Pal
  • Da$h
« Reply #1347 on: January 12, 2014, 03:10:11 PM »
Hard. Hitting. Sports. Analysis.

EARL***THE***PEARL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #1348 on: January 13, 2014, 09:19:21 AM »
Miami losing games to inferior teams, my Raps back over 500, won my fantasy matchup (and a couple bucks) Indiana about to be the first team to 30 wins.. a good week in the association!

manute bol

« Reply #1349 on: January 14, 2014, 09:54:16 PM »