Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 368028 times)

Silky Johnson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1361
Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #2790 on: October 23, 2017, 05:18:08 PM »

The announcer made me laugh way too hard, just so disappointed
Sheesh, you're making millions of dollars to play basketball the least you can do is hit iron.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2791 on: October 23, 2017, 06:38:05 PM »
He thought he had that light touch.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2792 on: October 23, 2017, 08:17:31 PM »
Shout out to Chicago for hooking it up with this kid

God damn rookie

tobey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 5
« Reply #2793 on: October 25, 2017, 06:37:58 PM »
Why do the refs hate sixers fans? Sure we chant "refs you suck" so loud I can clearly hear it from my tv at home. Don't take it so personal assholes

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
« Reply #2794 on: October 25, 2017, 06:55:32 PM »
I hope Wall gives it to Lonzo tonight.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2795 on: October 31, 2017, 08:14:24 AM »
My sixers got our revenge on the Rockets. When Simmons and Embiid are both on the floor they are a threat to any team.

Also Lonzo is just getting way too much hate but the Lakers did fuck up big time by getting rid of D'Angelo Russell. Lonzo is a decent player but he wasn't lottery pick worthy. His dad basically got him where he is today without Lonzo not really doing anything. Like i said though hes a decent player but he was just way too hyped up and the Lakers fell for it

Fongstarr

• Rep: -1
« Reply #2796 on: October 31, 2017, 09:35:57 AM »
^^^^^^I am sure the attention to the Laker team and organization is still nice. I even find myself wanting to see Lonzo play just to see if he is having a bad game. I still do believe he will be a better player since he's so young but I also think he's no phenom either. And him being this phenom wouldn't have been a big deal if it wasn't for his dad.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2797 on: October 31, 2017, 10:13:53 AM »
^^^^^^I am sure the attention to the Laker team and organization is still nice. I even find myself wanting to see Lonzo play just to see if he is having a bad game. I still do believe he will be a better player since he's so young but I also think he's no phenom either. And him being this phenom wouldn't have been a big deal if it wasn't for his dad.

He will definitely grow and become better after every game. Just didn't make sense when Magic got rid of Russell because "he wasn't a leader" then picks up Lonzo

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #2798 on: October 31, 2017, 12:09:51 PM »
Lonzo is just getting way too much hate but the Lakers did fuck up big time by getting rid of D'Angelo Russell. Lonzo is a decent player but he wasn't lottery pick worthy. His dad basically got him where he is today without Lonzo not really doing anything. Like i said though hes a decent player but he was just way too hyped up and the Lakers fell for it

It's five games in to the season which is way too early to deduce whether a high first round pick is a bust or not. I'm not a Lakers fan but Lonzo seems to have good court vision and pace. Perhaps if he had some shooting on the floor with him he'd be clocking more assists. Can't stand his shooting form though.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 677
« Reply #2799 on: October 31, 2017, 01:21:11 PM »
As much as I like seeing the Lakers lose, I agree with it being too early for the bust title. Jason Kidd had a pretty inconsistent jumper his first few years if I remember ? That’s who he reminds me of the most.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #2800 on: November 01, 2017, 12:38:09 AM »
Lonzo clearly has good point guard skills, and he's a good rebounder, but unless he improves his shot he'll probably have a career like Ricky Rubio or a latter-day Rajon Rondo. Not a lot of room in the NBA these days for point guards who can't shoot.

Kanye Omari West

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -360
« Reply #2801 on: November 10, 2017, 09:36:05 PM »
As much as I like seeing the Lakers lose, I agree with it being too early for the bust title. Jason Kidd had a pretty inconsistent jumper his first few years if I remember ? That’s who he reminds me of the most.

Kidd had hustle and aggression. He looked like he gave a fuck. Zo has no emotion or expression and is way too passive. He has little to no real effective on the game.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2802 on: December 07, 2017, 06:10:40 PM »
Sixers traded Stauskas, Okafor and a second round pick for Trevor Booker.

Yep we are that dumb 

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 677
« Reply #2803 on: December 08, 2017, 04:46:32 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Kidd had hustle and aggression. He looked like he gave a fuck. Zo has no emotion or expression and is way too passive. He has little to no real effective on the game.

I wasn’t really referring to their emotions or expressions. I meant in terms of their on court comparison and skill. Of course Kidd is by far the superior player, especially since we’ve seen a bigger sample size since i made that post. My point is how we label the “bust” title so easily. It’s clear i was wrong, because his jumper is a lot worse than i thought. Again I’m no fan.

And that Philly trade is a head scratcher... on paper, Jahlil Okafor, Nik stauskas and a 2nd rounder would warrant a bigger haul. Maybe Philly wanted Okafor out that bad ?
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -70
« Reply #2804 on: December 10, 2017, 09:04:43 PM »

Yep we are that dumb

eh looks like it came out neutral. booker isn't bad, hes basically amir johnson but can actually move and jump.
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2805 on: December 11, 2017, 06:40:27 AM »
Expand Quote

Yep we are that dumb
[close]

eh looks like it came out neutral. booker isn't bad, hes basically amir johnson but can actually move and jump.

We just never gave Okafor a chance. He's a good player but we could have gotten something better without giving up another player and another pick

foureyedjim

« Reply #2806 on: December 11, 2017, 07:12:18 AM »
And that Philly trade is a head scratcher... on paper, Jahlil Okafor, Nik stauskas and a 2nd rounder would warrant a bigger haul. Maybe Philly wanted Okafor out that bad ?

He played two games this season, one of which he played just 3 minutes.  There's very little value in a player that never plays for your team.  The results of the trade are on them. 

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2807 on: December 11, 2017, 12:27:13 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Yep we are that dumb
[close]

[close]

We just never gave Okafor a chance. He's a good player but we could have gotten something better without giving up another player and another pick

no hes not. If spinning around, holding the ball too long, being out of shape, and playing no defense equates to being a good basketball player, then sure.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2808 on: December 11, 2017, 03:22:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Yep we are that dumb
[close]

[close]

[close]

no hes not. If spinning around, holding the ball too long, being out of shape, and playing no defense equates to being a good basketball player, then sure.

Did you not see him play last year? He was on a team with no Ben Simmons, no Joel Embiid (for the most part) and no Redick and we came close to making the playoffs. Don't just jump on the hate train. Philly didn't give him a chance at all. The seasons he did play we were meant to lose to get good draft picks. Now that we have a solid team, we didn't return the favor to him at all
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 03:25:21 PM by tobey »

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 95
« Reply #2809 on: December 11, 2017, 03:54:17 PM »
A 28-54 record isn't "close to making the playoffs".
Colangelo is a terrible GM, they should MCW'd Okafor after a year and got back a decent return. Hinkie would be shaking his head this shit.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 111
« Reply #2810 on: December 11, 2017, 08:42:21 PM »
Shoutout to all you basketball fans. Just found this thread. Take it easy on me, I stayed a Laker fan through the last five seasons. Also, how does everyone feel about Matt Barnes announcing his retirement today?

foureyedjim

« Reply #2811 on: December 11, 2017, 09:56:46 PM »
I think nobody wanted to sign him so he retired lol.  He was a decent role player during last year's regular season and he finally got a ring with the last team his mom saw him playing with.  It's time to hang the hat.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2812 on: December 11, 2017, 10:12:22 PM »
I think nobody wanted to sign him so he retired lol.  He was a decent role player during last year's regular season and he finally got a ring with the last team his mom saw him playing with.  It's time to hang the hat.
Ha, got a point there. His stats weren't all there but he had some solid years during his career. Kind of cool he won a ring but bummed on other legends who never got one, Elgin Baylor, Stockton, Karl Malone, Nash, just to name a few. Crazy we live in a world where Adam Morrison has two when AI has none.

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #2813 on: December 12, 2017, 01:51:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Yep we are that dumb
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Did you not see him play last year? He was on a team with no Ben Simmons, no Joel Embiid (for the most part) and no Redick and we came close to making the playoffs. Don't just jump on the hate train. Philly didn't give him a chance at all. The seasons he did play we were meant to lose to get good draft picks. Now that we have a solid team, we didn't return the favor to him at all

Okafor plays the same position as Embiid, and is way worse at both ends of the floor. He also fancies himself a starter, so wasnt't be happy with coming off the bench, and even if he was, wouldn't really help address any of their bench's weaknesses. They had literally no reason to play him with Embiid healthy. Other GMs will see that the utility of the player to your franchise is low, and will adjust their offers accordingly. Sometimes it's just best to move on even if the deal isn't an equal exchange as far as talent.

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2814 on: December 12, 2017, 05:50:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Yep we are that dumb
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Okafor plays the same position as Embiid, and is way worse at both ends of the floor. He also fancies himself a starter, so wasnt't be happy with coming off the bench, and even if he was, wouldn't really help address any of their bench's weaknesses. They had literally no reason to play him with Embiid healthy. Other GMs will see that the utility of the player to your franchise is low, and will adjust their offers accordingly. Sometimes it's just best to move on even if the deal isn't an equal exchange as far as talent.

True. I would have kept him though since Embiid can't play back to back games. Hopefully he gets his shine at Brooklyn

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2815 on: December 13, 2017, 12:14:32 PM »
also, we only came close to making the playoffs last season because of the january push, led by embiid, featuring almost no okafor at all

tobey

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2816 on: December 13, 2017, 12:58:24 PM »
also, we only came close to making the playoffs last season because of the january push, led by embiid, featuring almost no okafor at all

I just gnarred you because I know you in real life. I wanted to watch last nights game butt fuck west coast times. I can't stay up that late but saw the highlights and I'm glad we are off that little losing streak

Big Skatefase

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 561
« Reply #2817 on: December 14, 2017, 05:38:19 PM »

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2818 on: December 14, 2017, 05:48:04 PM »
Dudes are staring to look like 2k MyPlayers

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2819 on: December 18, 2017, 10:37:17 PM »
Anyone catch the Kobe retirement? Lakers hosting the Warriors. Jeanie Buss, Lakers CEO, was talking to the crowd/ Kobe about loyalty, camera man then went straight to Kevin Durant. Cameraman the real mvp.