Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 367281 times)

noninjasinstreetfighter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 19
Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #3000 on: July 01, 2018, 09:06:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Lakers getting Javale McGee too  ;D treat him well
[close]

Pretty bummed on McGee leaving. He was a big locker room dude, brought energy, played well in the finals and was able to guard Lebron on a few possessions. Also shot a sick fadeaway in front of Jon Stewart.

I really hope Damian Jones works out.
[close]
Kerr must have alot of confidence in Damian, he told him after the finals that next year was his to take over, not sure if that means starting job or off the bench because I'm hearing Kyle O'quinn signing rumors.

The move makes sense as far as having Damian Jones and Bell. I’m hoping for O’Quinn or Lopez to fill that classic big spot. Cut Zaza and let West retire. Jamal Crawford for an oldhead locker room presence?

noninjasinstreetfighter

• Rep: 19
« Reply #3001 on: July 02, 2018, 06:05:17 PM »
boogie on epiphany

Betaphenylethylalamine

• Trade Count: (-2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -137
« Reply #3002 on: July 02, 2018, 07:19:30 PM »
Aaaand gs just got better???
Gentleman ninja warlock

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #3003 on: July 02, 2018, 08:32:45 PM »
 Bob Myers is a legend, Boogie at the 5 is gonna be ill

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #3004 on: July 02, 2018, 10:05:26 PM »
My Lakers got back to back Shaqtin a Fool MVP...Javaaaaaleeeee Mcgeeeeeeeeee

Eds_gallerist

« Reply #3005 on: July 02, 2018, 10:22:23 PM »
Boogie to dubs is a real downer.  Who's supposed to compete with them???

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #3006 on: July 03, 2018, 05:03:40 AM »
No one... the rich get richer. Boston might give them a little hell, but that’s essentially an all-star starting 5 once boogie is healthy.
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #3007 on: July 03, 2018, 05:21:54 AM »
boogi is listed as 6'11 and 270, whick is likely 7ft and 290, and he's going to be 28 before the season starts, the is a much higher chance that he never recovers from a ruptured achilles, let alone be back mid season or later.
I look at this signing as taking a waiver on a guy with a huge upside.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3008 on: July 03, 2018, 06:48:35 AM »
It pretty much is. He probably won’t be ready until what, all star break or so if that. Sign a small one year deal, get a ring, then get a bigger contract for 2019-2020. Can’t knock him for that I guess.

It’s making more sense the more I think about it... i don’t think Achilles injuries have been too kind to most athletes let alone basketball players.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 06:57:39 AM by whitemanjazz »

Kel Varnsen

• Rep: 4
« Reply #3009 on: July 03, 2018, 07:18:08 AM »
It pretty much is. He probably won’t be ready until what, all star break or so if that. Sign a small one year deal, get a ring, then get a bigger contract for 2019-2020. Can’t knock him for that I guess.

It’s making more sense the more I think about it... i don’t think Achilles injuries have been too kind to most athletes let alone basketball players.

That's the way I've looked at it. The guy is hitching his wagon to a championship caliber team while he's injured and is going along for the ride. Achilles injuries are really difficult to come back from, especially for someone his size in the position he plays. Even if he can't get back to the level he was at, he's still an improvement from anyone else the Warriors have had at that position and no doubt he'll make an impact when he returns.

As a fan of the NBA, it sucks to see one team so stacked. But it's true, you can't blame the guy for wanting to sign there while he's recovering from a tough injury. It's the best move he could've made right now. Who was it that said people wouldn't believe the things that were going on behind the scenes? Was it David West? I can't imagine what the locker room would be like with Draymond, Cousins, KD and West. Lord have mercy.

CHOW

• Rep: -6
  • ice like winnipeg
« Reply #3010 on: July 03, 2018, 07:28:14 AM »
Warriors adding Boogie is an impressive move, but it doesn't put them ahead of my Knicks, who picked up Mario Hezonja and re-upped on Luke Kornet.

franquietits

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 62
« Reply #3011 on: July 03, 2018, 08:38:04 AM »
Damn, looks like we're heading back to a world with obnoxious Laker fans in every city of america.  >:( ::)
I don't even follow b-ball that much either.

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #3012 on: July 03, 2018, 09:46:12 AM »
Warriors adding Boogie is an impressive move, but it doesn't put them ahead of my Knicks, who picked up Mario Hezonja and re-upped on Luke Kornet.

power moves. James Dolan is brilliant

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3013 on: July 03, 2018, 12:27:52 PM »
Apparently no one was looking to offer Boogie a contract because of him coming off an injury and his hot headedness, signing with the Warriors seems like the ultimate fuck you.

smokecrack

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -160
« Reply #3014 on: July 03, 2018, 08:23:05 PM »
Apparently no one was looking to offer Boogie a contract because of him coming off an injury and his hot headedness, signing with the Warriors seems like the ultimate fuck you.

Boogie's full of shit:

http://www.instagram.com/p/BkyePx4Dbp1/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1jvaazzrgojwq

The Celtics and Lakers both wanted to sign him as well. He's just trying to justify his decision, let's be real here.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3015 on: July 03, 2018, 08:54:11 PM »
AD made it pretty clear he didn't want to play with Cousins anymore especially after that playoff run they made without him.

HugeBodBoyle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 685
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #3016 on: July 03, 2018, 09:03:57 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

power moves. James Dolan is brilliant

Please sell the Knicks to literally anyone please for the love of Xenu

Hmmmm Nice Bike

« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 02:14:28 PM by Hmmmm Nice Bike »

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3018 on: July 04, 2018, 02:33:36 PM »
Fuck those YouTube clips cut deep  ::)

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #3019 on: July 04, 2018, 05:58:50 PM »
Nobody wanted Boogie for a reason. All that weight on a ruptured achilles is the end of him. 'Nique is the only player to come back from that injury and he had to change his game to stay competitive. Anyway, fuck these players taking vet minimum to chase a ring. Really hoping Debo never gets trading from Toronto.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #3020 on: July 04, 2018, 06:00:32 PM »
Fuck those YouTube clips cut deep  ::)
kid dropping truth bombs

weedpop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #3021 on: July 05, 2018, 07:35:01 PM »
I also feel that the Boogie signing has been overrated. On a one-year contract, and coming back from an achilles injury, how many total minutes is he going to play for them next year? $5.4 million probably isn't far off from the actual value he'll provide for the team, assuming he comes back sometime around the all-star break on 15-22 minutes a game. All this does is make the Warriors better on paper, while giving Demarcus somewhere to hang out while he tries (probably in vain) to rebuild his value to max-contract level.

Does anyone know WTF the Lakers are doing? I get that they wanna sign a bunch of vets to one-year deals to keep their cap space for 2019, but they could have at least gotten some that fit their team (Ariza). Instead, they're assembling one of the most clown car NBA squads in recent memory to put around Lebron in one of his few remaining prime years.

CHOW

• ice like winnipeg
« Reply #3022 on: July 06, 2018, 07:22:49 AM »
Lakers look like they're gearing up for a Kawhi trade, but their FA signings are headscratchers for sure. I've been convinced for years that Magic Johnson is one of the dumbest men in basketball.

Kel Varnsen

• Rep: 4
« Reply #3023 on: July 06, 2018, 10:00:31 AM »
I also feel that the Boogie signing has been overrated. On a one-year contract, and coming back from an achilles injury, how many total minutes is he going to play for them next year? $5.4 million probably isn't far off from the actual value he'll provide for the team, assuming he comes back sometime around the all-star break on 15-22 minutes a game. All this does is make the Warriors better on paper, while giving Demarcus somewhere to hang out while he tries (probably in vain) to rebuild his value to max-contract level.

Does anyone know WTF the Lakers are doing? I get that they wanna sign a bunch of vets to one-year deals to keep their cap space for 2019, but they could have at least gotten some that fit their team (Ariza). Instead, they're assembling one of the most clown car NBA squads in recent memory to put around Lebron in one of his few remaining prime years.

Any explanation I've seen is that they're trying to surround LeBron with hard-working playmakers so he can post up and score. It's vastly different than the style of play we're used to seeing with him, but the general idea is to give the ball to other guys who can take some of the workload off LeBron. It seems like they signed him this season, and 2019 go after a few more pieces. The list of free agents there would provide some interesting lineups.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3024 on: July 06, 2018, 10:59:20 AM »

Its being overrated and drawn out because a player of his caliber went to the best team in the NBA... yes his injury (especially at his size) could be a potential career altering, but lets say he’s even a fraction of the boogie we know... that’s still more production the warriors will have had at the 5 since who.. bogut maybe? Not sure on Looney or Zaza. Defense he’ll be a liability perhaps. Fast break etc. The point is the warriors got him for peanuts ha. If he doesnt do shit, he’s gone. It’s a win win for the dubs. Demarcus nor the warriors really lose anything. Just my opinion tho.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 11:14:44 AM by whitemanjazz »

CHOW

• ice like winnipeg
« Reply #3025 on: July 06, 2018, 11:40:44 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Its being overrated and drawn out because a player of his caliber went to the best team in the NBA... yes his injury (especially at his size) could be a potential career altering, but lets say he’s even a fraction of the boogie we know... that’s still more production the warriors will have had at the 5 since who.. bogut maybe? Not sure on Looney or Zaza. Defense he’ll be a liability perhaps. Fast break etc. The point is the warriors got him for peanuts ha. If he doesnt do shit, he’s gone. It’s a win win for the dubs. Demarcus nor the warriors really lose anything. Just my opinion tho.
Tbh it's probably the most production they've had at the 5 since Nate Thurmond (unless you wanna count young Chris Webber as a center).

But whether or not he plays well, he's gone after this season. I believe the CBA dictates that the Warriors can only give him a 120% raise year over year (this might have something to do with Bird Rights as well), so he'll have to go elsewhere to obtain the $100M+ contract he deserves when healthy.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3026 on: July 06, 2018, 11:50:49 AM »
Ah Weber and the dubs... that was actually a real likable warriors team... it gave us this moment (i think this was the 94 play offs)

https://youtu.be/IHrygsvvQ48

StabMasterArson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 774
« Reply #3027 on: July 06, 2018, 12:11:33 PM »
My grandmother worked with Chris Weber's dad at Cadillac and I went to his basketball camp in the mid 90's and the only thing I remember is one day at lunch, Chris Weber put BBQ sauce on a salad.

It was a more questionable call then him calling timeout when they had none in the NCAA finals.

CHOW

• ice like winnipeg
« Reply #3028 on: July 06, 2018, 12:24:14 PM »
My grandmother worked with Chris Weber's dad at Cadillac and I went to his basketball camp in the mid 90's and the only thing I remember is one day at lunch, Chris Weber put BBQ sauce on a salad.

It was a more questionable call then him calling timeout when they had none in the NCAA finals.
Fucking incredible. That's the most questionable combination I've heard since Jim Greco ordered coffee and a pork chop at a diner.

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3029 on: July 06, 2018, 02:08:39 PM »
Tony Parker signing with the Hornets, this off season is basically a 2k my league game