Author Topic: NBA Thread  (Read 367320 times)

BallDontLie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 672
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: NBA Thread
« Reply #3030 on: July 06, 2018, 02:42:28 PM »
The my gm2K wheels keep turning. Dwight to Washington lol
if the mods were wu-tang, dean would be cappadonna

SFblah

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 668
« Reply #3031 on: July 06, 2018, 07:03:12 PM »
DeAndre Jordan finally confirmed he signed with us. No one was gonna believe it until Mavs confirmed.

In honor of this my friend who worked for the Mavs posted the welcome video he made 4 years ago that they almost released.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #3032 on: July 13, 2018, 10:24:57 PM »
Tony Parker signing with the Hornets, this off season is basically a 2k my league game
Never in my life would I have thought he'd leave the Spurs. What's going on in San Antonio?

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3033 on: July 18, 2018, 05:12:45 AM »
Kawhi to Toronto....

Ok who’s on their 2K account...

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #3034 on: July 18, 2018, 05:40:28 AM »
pop is going to love derozens defense.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #3035 on: July 18, 2018, 08:52:44 AM »
Raps did Demar dirty. It amazes me that people want players to be more loyal when you got a guy dedicated to the city and team of Toronto and within days of being told he won't be traded gets shipped off. All for like a year of Kawhi not caring at all and possibly faking injuries until his free agency.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3036 on: July 18, 2018, 09:28:51 AM »
I would have never thought Derozen would have left Raptors too. Going to be odd not seeing him play next to Kyle Lowery no more. 
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #3037 on: July 18, 2018, 11:22:34 AM »
Kawhi's heel turn caught me completely by surprise, dude seemed like a quiet no nonsense type of player but this whole situation is incredibly annoying to me, I can't imagine what being a Spurs fan during all this must be like.

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3038 on: July 19, 2018, 10:01:50 AM »
Now he’s apparently threatening to sit the season out....

What a clusterfuck. I feel like Toronto won that trade, but it’s looking bad for both sides.

Derozan i think is owed a shit ton of money, no? Maybe pop can fix some of his flaws? Granted pop doesn’t retire..

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #3039 on: July 19, 2018, 12:30:20 PM »
that whole trade is fucked.  I get why both sides did it, but it seems like no one is happy.
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

Nick..

• Rep: 10
« Reply #3040 on: July 19, 2018, 02:39:37 PM »
Now he’s apparently threatening to sit the season out....

What a clusterfuck. I feel like Toronto won that trade, but it’s looking bad for both sides.

Derozan i think is owed a shit ton of money, no? Maybe pop can fix some of his flaws? Granted pop doesn’t retire..
Per Woj, he's warming to the idea of playing in Toronto since they are a contender in the East. DeRozan is owed 27.7M until 2021, can opt out of his current contract after 2019-20.

noninjasinstreetfighter

• Rep: 19
« Reply #3041 on: July 19, 2018, 02:42:39 PM »
Wasn’t Lowry looking to play in San Antonio? best friend is jealous.

Melo about to be waived by Spurs East. Schroder on OKC is pretty interesting.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #3042 on: July 21, 2018, 04:13:19 AM »
lowry may have been looking, but i dont think they were gonna bite on that. at least not without being a part of a sizeable package deal

as a raps fan, im really hyped on the trade. loved DeMar's loyalty and how much he backed the city, but the raptors hit a definite ceiling with that core group, no debating it. even with Lebron out West, Boston and Philly have come up, even Indiana was looking pretty decent and promoting our old assistant coach to head coach wasnt gonna make up the difference. DeMar seems like a work horse so i think he'll flourish under Popovich. Jakob Poeltl was decent, but that and the pick(protected top 20 next year, turns into 2 second round picks the following year if thats not met) were peanuts to give up considering we got to keep the rest of the younger talent(OG, Van Vleet, Delon Wright, Pascal Siakam) and also got Danny Green. I didnt think Toronto would land a top 5 player for at least another 10 years or maybe even ever. we're gonna have ridiculous depth for this one year(at least) and if they can perform up to or above par, even though he seems set on LA (naive optimism alert) i think Masai can sell him on staying in toronto even if its just short term, but ideally he'd bite on that 5 year $190 mil that only the raps can offer. im gonna assume he's pretty unfamiliar with the city and feared the worst when he heard he was coming to canada. hopefully his opinion on the franchise can only go up. i dont know if hes the type to care, but he'll pretty much have a whole country backing him if they do well.
im wondering if they slightly regret firing Dwayne Casey as that just seemed like "we gotta do something" move. the new coach/old assistant coach, Nick Nurse is credited with running a lot of their offence though so we'll see what he can do.
as far as DeMar being done dirty, it seems like it might've been more of a miscommunication than a straight up lie, maybe a bit of a sneaky one, though. im biased towards Masai, but apparently he spoke to Derozan at summer league and gave him some expectations he wanted him to meet during or for the coming season. i guess that implied that he'd be staying in toronto long term, but Ujiri also issued a press release around the same time saying that no raptor was untradeable. i see DeMar's point, but i dont think he's delusional enough to not see why it was a move Ujiri had to make.
I don't wanna get my hopes up too high as we are talking about a toronto sports team and Kawhi can be brittle(supposedly currently healthy, though), but i really didnt think something like this would ever happen to the raptors for some reason.
most people i've spoke to in toronto are surprisingly bugging about the trade. they cant believe we traded our best player for a "rental"(even though DeMar only has a 2 year contract to Kawhi's 1. he'd probably resign, but would you want that?), not realizing how elite of a player Kawhi is. I don't know if it's lack of nba knowledge or if theyre just blinded by their love for Derozan and can't get over how he was "done dirty". The guy's tenure in toronto was pretty great and this way he goes out without any blemishes on it(aside from most of his playoff performances). I really hope torontonians can cut the shit by the time october rolls around because we gotta show him how great the fanbase can be(the stuborness is a double edge sword) and try to woo him the way OKC did Paul George. I think if we can actually contend, the Lebron LA factor could actually work to our advantage. wouldn't it be more appealing to take home the championship as the star instead of (what people will probably see even if it's not entirely true) Lebron's sidekick? I know he was already a finals MVP, but im sure he'd like to show people he can do it again with a new squad especially coming off an injury and without another legendary veteran on the team(had tim duncan in 2014). not to mention it'd be the first time anyone's brought it to Canada. i heard someone else point out that he can now use "The Claw" nickname/image to it's full potential as well.
sorry for the rambling novel.

TLDR; I'm friggin stoked Kawhi Leonard is a Raptor
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 04:27:13 AM by Zurg »

Silky Johnson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1355
« Reply #3043 on: August 27, 2018, 02:11:08 PM »
Ginobili finally hanging up his spurs (horrible pun, I'm sorry) after 16 seasons, and 4 chips. Legend

noninjasinstreetfighter

« Reply #3044 on: August 28, 2018, 08:42:01 AM »
and most bat swats in nba history.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 109
« Reply #3045 on: August 28, 2018, 08:53:07 PM »
Ginobili finally hanging up his spurs (horrible pun, I'm sorry) after 16 seasons, and 4 chips. Legend
Only two OG's left. Dirk and Carter.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 311
« Reply #3046 on: August 28, 2018, 09:09:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Only two OG's left. Dirk and Carter.

Jamal Crawford...Jason Terry...and I swear there is more.

To think Lebron and his class are right around the corner. Pretty wild times.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

BallDontLie

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3047 on: August 29, 2018, 06:16:20 AM »
Pau is up there, Zach Randolph...  but yeah not many left. Late 90s-Early 2000s basketball was pretty meh... still it’s like an end to an era.

noninjasinstreetfighter

« Reply #3048 on: October 16, 2018, 01:57:06 PM »
Westbrook is out for the season opener. Will PG score more than 5 ponts?

Will Ben Simmons take a jump shot?

foureyedjim

« Reply #3049 on: October 16, 2018, 03:30:04 PM »
PG13 can put up numbers when he gets more touches, so yeah.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #3050 on: October 17, 2018, 01:35:07 PM »
maaan i fuckin hate the celtics
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
« Reply #3051 on: October 17, 2018, 03:24:06 PM »
Damn I hate the Celts but they got a solid squad this year. I’m stoked to see how the West goes this year. Prob Warriors win but we will see

RIDEFLANNELV2

• Rep: 50
« Reply #3052 on: October 17, 2018, 04:20:16 PM »
So glad basketball season has started. So many good stories to follow this season. Who's going to take the east? Celtics should be the obvious pick but maybe Kawhi gets Toronto rolling? On paper the Cavs should still be a contender too. Ideally I'd like to see Antetokounmpo have a huge season and I'm interested to see how Trae Young does down in Atlanta.

The west is going to continue to dominate the league. Looking forward to watching dubs highlights.

Here Come The Lame Jets

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #3053 on: October 18, 2018, 07:54:12 AM »
KAWAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

ka
http://youtu.be/NjUQMs0kVEI

straight

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 979
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #3054 on: October 18, 2018, 07:59:01 AM »
wow ive hates nba for the past decade because my suns have been garbage but last night gave me a little hope .. this team could be really fun to watch this year
What kind of mikey taylor logic is this?

stevedave

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #3055 on: October 18, 2018, 09:04:35 AM »
wow ive hates nba for the past decade because my suns have been garbage but last night gave me a little hope .. this team could be really fun to watch this year

fun to watch, but I wouldn't get your hopes up too much, they're gonna tank and get another top 5 draft pick next year.
"See you are like Mark David Chapman and my posts are John Lennon. You having nothing to offer so the best you can do is try to assassinate my beautiful posts. My Dental Plan is Strawberry fields and you are a sexually frustrated fat man."  ---NigNogNooo---

redcurb12

• Rep: 29
« Reply #3056 on: October 18, 2018, 12:22:39 PM »
lowry may have been looking, but i dont think they were gonna bite on that. at least not without being a part of a sizeable package deal

as a raps fan, im really hyped on the trade. loved DeMar's loyalty and how much he backed the city, but the raptors hit a definite ceiling with that core group, no debating it. even with Lebron out West, Boston and Philly have come up, even Indiana was looking pretty decent and promoting our old assistant coach to head coach wasnt gonna make up the difference. DeMar seems like a work horse so i think he'll flourish under Popovich. Jakob Poeltl was decent, but that and the pick(protected top 20 next year, turns into 2 second round picks the following year if thats not met) were peanuts to give up considering we got to keep the rest of the younger talent(OG, Van Vleet, Delon Wright, Pascal Siakam) and also got Danny Green. I didnt think Toronto would land a top 5 player for at least another 10 years or maybe even ever. we're gonna have ridiculous depth for this one year(at least) and if they can perform up to or above par, even though he seems set on LA (naive optimism alert) i think Masai can sell him on staying in toronto even if its just short term, but ideally he'd bite on that 5 year $190 mil that only the raps can offer. im gonna assume he's pretty unfamiliar with the city and feared the worst when he heard he was coming to canada. hopefully his opinion on the franchise can only go up. i dont know if hes the type to care, but he'll pretty much have a whole country backing him if they do well.
im wondering if they slightly regret firing Dwayne Casey as that just seemed like "we gotta do something" move. the new coach/old assistant coach, Nick Nurse is credited with running a lot of their offence though so we'll see what he can do.
as far as DeMar being done dirty, it seems like it might've been more of a miscommunication than a straight up lie, maybe a bit of a sneaky one, though. im biased towards Masai, but apparently he spoke to Derozan at summer league and gave him some expectations he wanted him to meet during or for the coming season. i guess that implied that he'd be staying in toronto long term, but Ujiri also issued a press release around the same time saying that no raptor was untradeable. i see DeMar's point, but i dont think he's delusional enough to not see why it was a move Ujiri had to make.
I don't wanna get my hopes up too high as we are talking about a toronto sports team and Kawhi can be brittle(supposedly currently healthy, though), but i really didnt think something like this would ever happen to the raptors for some reason.
most people i've spoke to in toronto are surprisingly bugging about the trade. they cant believe we traded our best player for a "rental"(even though DeMar only has a 2 year contract to Kawhi's 1. he'd probably resign, but would you want that?), not realizing how elite of a player Kawhi is. I don't know if it's lack of nba knowledge or if theyre just blinded by their love for Derozan and can't get over how he was "done dirty". The guy's tenure in toronto was pretty great and this way he goes out without any blemishes on it(aside from most of his playoff performances). I really hope torontonians can cut the shit by the time october rolls around because we gotta show him how great the fanbase can be(the stuborness is a double edge sword) and try to woo him the way OKC did Paul George. I think if we can actually contend, the Lebron LA factor could actually work to our advantage. wouldn't it be more appealing to take home the championship as the star instead of (what people will probably see even if it's not entirely true) Lebron's sidekick? I know he was already a finals MVP, but im sure he'd like to show people he can do it again with a new squad especially coming off an injury and without another legendary veteran on the team(had tim duncan in 2014). not to mention it'd be the first time anyone's brought it to Canada. i heard someone else point out that he can now use "The Claw" nickname/image to it's full potential as well.
sorry for the rambling novel.

TLDR; I'm friggin stoked Kawhi Leonard is a Raptor

here to say go raptors... im also curious about how kawhi will hold up. being injury prone and all i wonder if he milks it for a year or really competes. i can also imagine getting traded to toronto might feel like a lowblow. i hope he gets on the bandwagon.. he was lookin sick in that raps jersey last night. my thoughts on the derozan trade: i think it was a great deal but I wonder about kawhis loyalty.  it still blows my mind hes a raptor
« Last Edit: October 18, 2018, 12:24:34 PM by redcurb12 »
Let me preface this post with the fact that I am slightly inebriated, very uneducated and I havent read any papers or done any research at all, or read your post really.

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 238
« Reply #3057 on: October 18, 2018, 01:33:47 PM »
Kris Dunn out tonight, Markkanen out like 7 weeks, and Hoiberg still around....oh boy.... ::) ::)  I'm at least hoping Wendell Carter Jr plays well..

LemThurdy

• Rep: -15
« Reply #3058 on: October 18, 2018, 02:07:15 PM »
Lakers tonight xDDD anyone from LA hopeful too??

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -69
« Reply #3059 on: October 19, 2018, 07:33:13 AM »
Lakers tonight xDDD anyone from LA hopeful too??

yall got fried by Nik Stauskas. :  )
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.