Author Topic: The Deathwish Video  (Read 143175 times)

darkslideoftheforce

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -24
Re: The Deathwish Video
« Reply #60 on: January 27, 2013, 01:21:17 PM »
This will most likely be dope as fuck skating wise. Full parts from everyone, apparently. I hope they keep the "hi-jinks" to the minimum amount.

era

« Reply #61 on: January 27, 2013, 01:25:31 PM »
JON ANTWUAN DIXON!! turn that fucker pro please

oldgoodburger

« Reply #62 on: January 27, 2013, 01:41:28 PM »
This will most likely be dope as fuck skating wise. Full parts from everyone, apparently. I hope they keep the "hi-jinks" to the minimum amount.
What on earth would make you think they will do that?

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2013, 01:57:25 PM »
Well I for one think it will be interesting to see how they will attempt to distinguish the Deathwish video(s) from the Baker aesthetic and style. But who knows, maybe they wont at all
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

theloniousmonk

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 275
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2013, 02:37:09 PM »
Well I for one think it will be interesting to see how they will attempt to distinguish the Deathwish video(s) from the Baker aesthetic and style. But who knows, maybe they wont at all
Yeah, it will be cool to see what they do differently. Obviously they have a different editor, it would be lacking creativity if he just picked up the baker video aesthetic. They are paying him for his ideas, so I hope he shines.

Too bad that recently there was the post saying that if Antwuan wants to have a full part in the video, that's up to him. They would be the ones to know if he had a full part worth of footage, and their uncertainty bums me out. I'm sure he will have some tricks though, and really am hoping for the full deal.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2013, 03:46:37 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah, it will be cool to see what they do differently. Obviously they have a different editor, it would be lacking creativity if he just picked up the baker video aesthetic. They are paying him for his ideas, so I hope he shines.

Too bad that recently there was the post saying that if Antwuan wants to have a full part in the video, that's up to him. They would be the ones to know if he had a full part worth of footage, and their uncertainty bums me out. I'm sure he will have some tricks though, and really am hoping for the full deal.
Don't you read Slap? He's not on the team anymore.

micky682

« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2013, 03:48:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
On Deathwish's facebook they discussed the rumor and that Antwuan's still on the team. The twitter account saying all the LE stuff was fake.

MexicanSpaniard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 693
  • S&H
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2013, 03:50:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
On Deathwish's facebook they discussed the rumor and that Antwuan's still on the team. The twitter account saying all the LE stuff was fake.
Well he's not in that cartoon ad that keeps showing up at the top of the page

Sam Smyth

« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2013, 03:52:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]

because he doesn't have a pro board out

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2013, 08:14:00 AM »
I'm hearing March 30th is the premiere can anyone confirm?

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #70 on: January 28, 2013, 08:27:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

If he's really still on and doesn't have a pro board then thats the dumbest shit I ever heard. As popular as he is just on here I would imagine his boards would fly off the shelves.
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

micky682

« Reply #71 on: January 28, 2013, 08:34:42 AM »
I hope the video doesn't get too hyped up before its out, I don't want what happened to Pretty Sweet to happen to the Deathwish video.

Monty Burns

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -324
  • Release the hounds
« Reply #72 on: January 28, 2013, 04:06:24 PM »
Well . All I hope from this vid is good skating ( 1 song parts ) from everybody . And Good music .

After that its not too important . With the amount of talent and new guys who will kind of have a "first " part . There should be some with 2 song parts .

Only afew of the team I dont really like , but they will still have a interesting part to watch . So it will be hard to fuck it up

new part from ellington !?  OMG !!

Sam Smyth

« Reply #73 on: January 28, 2013, 05:47:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
If he's really still on and doesn't have a pro board then thats the dumbest shit I ever heard. As popular as he is just on here I would imagine his boards would fly off the shelves.

no one on here is buying that shitty wood.

Dontfearthereefer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -232
  • Head kook
« Reply #74 on: January 28, 2013, 05:56:33 PM »
yeah DLX or gtfo slap dawg

Get Fucked

• Rep: -6
  • i hope you die
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2013, 10:42:10 PM »
pretty sure bakerboys and deluxe brands all come from the same factory...

Thrillho

• Rep: 133
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2013, 10:49:05 PM »
No one is ever psyched to see Greco... You know he's gonna fight somebody, and you know that front foot is coming off.  I am ready.

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2013, 01:35:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

The fuck outta here! Deathwish wood is great. I really hope Antwuan has some footy stacked and wants to get more, I would be so pumped to see some new footy from him

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2013, 01:59:17 AM »
No one is ever psyched to see Greco... You know he's gonna fight somebody, and you know that front foot is coming off.?  I am ready.

im always stoked for a Greco section! not so down for the janitor look hes rocking these days but hes fucking rad on a wheely plank

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 78
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2013, 02:09:32 AM »

access = denied  :-*

Deathwish Video Coming Soon!

where would these guys be without the hijinx?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Dirtymac

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2013, 09:05:25 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Prolly not but they could still make a killing off 12/13 yr.old aspiring thug wannabe's lol!
"Never talk shit about a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way you're a mile away AND you've got his shoes"

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2013, 09:41:56 AM »
Dickson. Pro. Thats all that needs to happen about this video for it to be good. But i do like seeing him workin for photos and shit as an AM.

GZA liquidswords

« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2013, 10:19:43 AM »
Expand Quote
No one is ever psyched to see Greco... You know he's gonna fight somebody, and you know that front foot is coming off.?  I am ready.
[close]

im always stoked for a Greco section! not so down for the janitor look hes rocking these days but hes fucking rad on a wheely plank

janitor look haha best name for that goofy kit almost every skater seems to be wearing now, what ever happened to johnny thunders greco

frankwinslow

• Rep: 4
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2013, 11:09:00 AM »
pat rumney is going to be your new favorite

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2013, 12:27:04 PM »
it ll be a real good vid-

hoping for a final twuan part...

Showerface

• Rep: -7
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2013, 12:41:00 PM »
I wanna see some class A drug use to warp my fragile little mind!

DeputyDoses

• Rep: 4
  • I look like Mel Gibson
« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2013, 08:28:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]

Ellington and Greco "took away" his pro boards as in incentive for him to clean up his act. Evidently, it didn't work all that well because he hasn't had a pro board in a couple years. Maybe he'll get his name on a board after the video drops.

-the Deathwish 8.12, 8.25, and 8.37 are all too fucking short though. Real talk. 8.25x32 inches... Pshhh. My ass...

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2013, 10:02:44 PM »
Expand Quote
pat rumney is going to be your new favorite
[close]
i hope the 5050 on that spiral rail is in there. that clips is nuts.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 290
« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2013, 10:11:10 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

access = denied  :-*

Deathwish Video Coming Soon!

where would these guys be without the hijinx?
That trailer was fukcing sick!

skateboardpizza

• Rep: 0
« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2013, 01:04:21 AM »
hyped on a new Greco part