Author Topic: Pretty Sweet Spoilers  (Read 140999 times)

Cosme

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Pretty Sweet Spoilers
« Reply #60 on: November 17, 2012, 01:03:58 AM »

Bubblegum Tate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1042
  • Slap's Resident Sneakerhead
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #61 on: November 17, 2012, 01:07:18 AM »
^^
crazy trick

Expand Quote
so not one trick from rick howard

a trick each from daniel castillo and rick fucking mccrank

alex ba and carroll share a part

yo this is fucking bullshit
[close]
i feel betrayed, ive been waiting nearly 10 years for the next girl vid

pretty sweet is mostly to showcase the young skaters on crailtap.

Ethan Bubblegum Tate - Captain of the Harlem Globetrotters, lecturer of Physics at Globetrotter University.
Tate is one of the best posters that's not me

goosey

• Rep: 4
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2012, 01:10:45 AM »
mckrank does hardflip  lateflip

zoltan

« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2012, 01:14:14 AM »
well i cant say i didnt expect a full part from alex but cmon he is pro and put out one full part that was pretty good i guess. Why is he getting paid to skate agian? By Nike and Girl!!!!!!!!!!!

cant wait to watch elijah's part i bet its the best

asakusa75

« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2012, 01:21:51 AM »
The wait is giving me brain bubbles.

happenstance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 690
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2012, 01:54:00 AM »
The whole video was HD I am guessing? I would hope that the 45 mins of bonus has a lot of SD footage of the older guys. Think about how much footage Kenny probably has. Last part was an Audio promo some time ago. Would they even use his footage in the bonus where he is wearing Adios? I hope so. And one can only hope there will be a decent amount of footage of the Ricks in there.

plod

« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2012, 03:32:47 AM »
Sounds good look forwad to watching it. I did not realise pops had been given the boot by chocolate. Is that true?

myrrh

• Rep: 2
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2012, 03:35:53 AM »
^^
crazy trick

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Wow this bums me out.
Mostly because it may be the last parts from some of these guys.
And please stop paying Daniel Castillo.

plod

« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2012, 03:38:21 AM »
Oh yeah anything in there from Devine ? Or is he out for good with injuries

BraveUlysses

« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2012, 04:14:18 AM »
Expand Quote
^^
crazy trick

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Wow this bums me out.
Mostly because it may be the last parts from some of these guys.
And please stop paying Daniel Castillo.
  Something tells me they're not paying him or at least paying him very little. I would say that they should make him work in the warehouse but he's probably too little to serve any real purpose in there
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 04:20:19 AM by BraveUlysses »

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2012, 04:54:13 AM »
When they did a signing here last year, Rick said he was filming for an Easter egg in the DVD. There may be a lot of that with them trying to focus the feature on the young guys.

5inchDick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2012, 05:11:50 AM »
GOD ALMIGHTY I FORGOT ABOUT JESUS FERNANDEZ THAT FUCKING SPANISH LAD IS THE FUCKING TRUTH GOOD LORD I LOOK FWD TO WATCHING HIM FUCKING KILL..

AND YEAH SO NO DEVINE CALLOWAY ????

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2012, 05:21:13 AM »
Just got back from the showing here in Honolulu, mind blown so please forgive if not completely comprehensive details.

First part Vinsanity, skated raw to a blend of songs including Suicidal and N.W.A.- Really fucking good way to set it off.

Next up Cory Kennedy skating to one of the worst songs in recent skate video memory BOB SEGER, NIGHT MOVES I shit you not.
I thought he was rad in the first part of his section but the second half was bonkers holy shit his ender was a frontside half cab to frontside feeble down a decent sized rail if I recall correctly.

There was a shared part with Biebel and Jeron after that pretty fucking good actually Jeron will show a lot of people some shit they aren't expecting.

Goddamn it there are a lot of shared parts in this video, so bummed Alex Olson, Mike Carroll and Brian Anderson share a part woulda liked to see a full section from each.

Another bummer Kenny Anderson has a shared part with Chris Roberts Justin Eldridge and Daniel Castillo (two tricks! what was the over/under on total tricks in this video for Lil' D? Anyway, Kenny was shredding super hard though.
Oh yeah Gino has five tricks or so, no full part sorry boys, he does skate the bank to ledge at JFK airport, backside five o kickflip out.

Fucking Rick McCrank unbelievably had less footage in this than Daniel.
Yes, you read that right.
McCrank= One trick, which was one more trick than fellow Canadian Rick Howard, a complete bummer with NO tricks, not a single clip unless you count the skit where they are all skating downtown L.A. in suits, which is rad but skating in black and white suits ABD a long time ago by Jeremy and Heath, still a rad skit though.

Uhhhh what else, OH Raven, Elijah and Stevie Perez each have their own insane sections, off the fucking hook I tell you.
Raven destroyed it and had more street footage than you'll be expecting, Elijah fucking went mental his ender is an impossible over a rail into a steep ass bank and Stevie Perez skated to the best song in the whole video, The Bar-Kays Holy Ghost, so fucking good!!!

Mikemo did a lot of crazy shit I kinda lost track during his part but he did like a backside nollie heelflip to switch front crook I think it was not sure on a bench for his ender I wasnt really paying attention.

Marc Johnson went super hard I think it was David Bowie not sure but he fucked it all up so many insane tricks can't remember sorry!

OH SHIT Jesus and Chico shared a part to that Spanish version of Hotel California from The Big Lebowski because nobody fucks with the Jesus!!
Mental mental tech shit from Jesus I lost fucking track sorry sorry sorry many flip in flip out ledge tricks that will make you shit yourself.

Malto had his own part totally phased out on it by then so shocked and awed but he does a crazy flip out of a nose grind mighta been overcrook I think for his last trick on a rail.

GUY FUCKING RULES, BOW DOWN TO THIS MOTHERFUCKER NOW.
LAst part, Koston has like a couple lines and tricks but its the GUY SHOW MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!!
I was screaming like a 14 year old girl at this point, fucking Guy blew the roof off too much madness his ender was switch 360 flip nosegrind or it was switch 360 flip fakie five o on a handrail I think fuck it was its one of those sorry I was picking my jaw up off the floor seriously, somebody please back me up on this I couldn't really comprehend at that point.

Skits were insane, Will Arnett off the hook and Jack Black as a filmer sooooooo fucking good and the homie Sam Muller was in the skit Jack Black that was a highlight for me.

GODDAMN IT SOO GOOOOOD its a must purchase believe that.

Sorry so shitty with the details, like I said mind melted and I was trying to enjoy that shit without having to remember it all, anyway, nighty night and aloha we killed the premiere out here good job braddahs!!!!

You just killed it!  Thanks buddy this is exactly what I wanted to see this morning!  Night moves?  funny, was expecting the most mind blowing cory kennedy part.  So hyped to hear that its the Guy show!!!!fuck yeah return of the dirty thirties!

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -485
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2012, 05:23:03 AM »
So this fucking loser Alex was getting big checks from Vans and now from Nike and had 5 years to film and couldn't even put out a full part? Yet dudes who are a decade older than him had full parts? On top of that he complained about it in an interview. What an embarrassment.....

Why does he get paid to skateboard?

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2012, 05:31:05 AM »
So this fucking loser Alex was getting big checks from Vans and now from Nike and had 5 years to film and couldn't even put out a full part? Yet dudes who are a decade older than him had full parts? On top of that he complained about it in an interview. What an embarrassment.....

Agreed, how the fuck are his sponsors OK with him not filming or photographing shit in five years. And it is like second hand embarrassment reading that interview where he complains about it, come on Alex you fucking melodramatic Queen, you could have put together something decent in 5 whole years, you lazy moo.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

Cosme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
« Reply #75 on: November 17, 2012, 05:37:35 AM »

OK - for everyone being bummed about Rickk's no tricks, keep in mind that as much as everyone was hoping for the older dudes to have proper video parts - Carroll, Koston & Guy are all around 36 years old whilst Rickk is already over 40.

Just be grateful for everything that he had put out after Tim & Rudy's retirement call 'cause he could very well have done the same .
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 05:39:06 AM by Cosme »

conqueso

« Reply #76 on: November 17, 2012, 06:02:38 AM »
no mcrank part? wtf.....

mtvic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -59
« Reply #77 on: November 17, 2012, 06:09:49 AM »

i try to keep my hating at a minimum these days but yeah Alex Olson needs a job.  It would be one thing if he was a contest hero, justification for lagging on the footy but come on why is he pro?  His first part was not that good and five years later and sharing a part?  Sounds like dead weight to me.  I can understand old dude dead weight, they had their parts back in the 90's and were legit pros for a long time (with the exception of castillo), but any of the young bucks that cannot put parts out for one of the most prestigious companies than they should drop them. 

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2012, 06:12:20 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Agreed, how the fuck are his sponsors OK with him not filming or photographing shit in five years. And it is like second hand embarrassment reading that interview where he complains about it, come on Alex you fucking melodramatic Queen, you could have put together something decent in 5 whole years, you lazy moo.

It bums me out because I have friends who work full time jobs to make ends meet and still somehow can put out sick video parts and some don't even get flowed let alone get paid. I can guarantee you Alex is making good money too I'd guess $80k at least, to sit around and play with keyboards and enjoy the night life in NYC.....

AdrianLopez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -36
« Reply #79 on: November 17, 2012, 06:17:18 AM »
I am bummed out cause I like to see Alex skateing so I was hyped to see a full part and now this.

Stoked on Guy takeing the cake.

[...] like an individual so irrelevant to anything.

Don't be an asshole and don't yo flip! - Kyle Frederick

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #80 on: November 17, 2012, 06:18:55 AM »
It just shows you what a true legend MJ is, so psyched to see his part. Guy better get SOTY!!!

Lenny the Fatface

« Reply #81 on: November 17, 2012, 06:33:17 AM »
Justin eldridge?

Burdon

« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2012, 07:09:58 AM »
NO KOSTON ??? NOBODY TALKED BOUT FUCKIN KOSTON ?????

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2012, 07:16:44 AM »
NO KOSTON ??? NOBODY TALKED BOUT FUCKIN KOSTON ?????

Yeah I don't get it, did he have a few tricks in Guys part? Or did he have a short part before Guys part? Either way the dude is 38 years old and put out tons of countless parts, he can do or not do whatever he wants.

gripittoripit

« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2012, 07:24:54 AM »
Koston ??????????????

TieDyedHipster

• Rep: -8
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2012, 07:31:45 AM »
kenny hasn't had a part in 7 years does he really share a part. and no carroll???

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2012, 07:46:14 AM »
Justin eldridge?

so his only a full part ever was on eSpecial.... in 10 years? d castillos route

TMKF

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2012, 07:49:19 AM »
kenny hasn't had a part in 7 years does he really share a part. and no carroll???

This actually really surprises me considering all the coverage he's had since he got on Converse. I figured this would be one of his best parts....then again he's been putting out video parts since 1993 so I can't hate.

WhackAsFuck

• Rep: -30
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2012, 08:00:58 AM »
what the fuck , mcrank has been on this skate every day deal
betrayal is heavy
film him ripping tranny lines for christ sakes ty
stupid

AnotherHardDayAtTheOffice

• Rep: -8
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2012, 08:24:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Justin eldridge?
[close]

so his only a full part ever was on eSpecial.... in 10 years? d castillos route

In all fairness, he's had short full parts in Hot Chocolate and Yeah Right as well. Plus the footage he puts out is usually of really good quality and he doesn't do the same tricks over and over (with nollie nosegrinds as his go-to trick). To this day he seems to be the only skater to do a switch flip switch fs salad on a rail. Castillo has never achieved any of that so please come on...