Author Topic: Northwest Roadtrip  (Read 856 times)

Unbridled Technical Precision

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -329
  • C.H.Z.
Northwest Roadtrip
« on: November 19, 2012, 04:01:36 PM »
So I'm planning on going all through oregon (portland), washington (seattle), and canada (vancouver) starting from SF with a few homies.  I'd like to ideally do a 1-2 week road trip, mostly camping, maybe a few motels.  So I'm wondering what are the good cities to skate, and any particular neighborhoods within those cities?  And what skateparks would i be a fool not to skate?  I know there are an abundance of parks along the way and i wish i had months to skate instead of 1-2 weeks.  I'm also looking for great places to camp out, what are the best places to do this? any swimming holes/redwoods/scenic areas that are awesome to stay for a night?  I'm trying to get the most out of this short trip and I'm trying to plan a crazy one!

Seeing the think northwest tour vid got me even more hyped! but I'm trying to really soak up all that nature and park shredding too.  Any info would be much appreciated. 

thanks,

UTP

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Northwest Roadtrip
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 05:46:46 PM »
When?its gonna rain untill early july in all of those places. Vancouver has one indoor the size of a closet, don't bother coming up here unless its summer/late spring.
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

filter

• Rep: 7
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 06:04:52 PM »
i would make skating battleground a priority. also the new plaza in ft. lewis looks fun. but yeah rain will be a problem if you before summer

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 06:57:00 PM »
o I forgot, we did a washington trip this summer.bonney lake is ridiculous, one of the best parks I've ever been to.also orcas island.the new jefferson park on beacon hill in seattle is a must see if you like tranny, their new bowl is kinda perfect.I wish I got down to battleground, next time.

• SLAP Pal
  • C.H.Z.
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 07:06:58 PM »
fuck ya thanks for the info, and ya im shootin' for spring/summer

smellyfart

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 07:10:14 PM »
yeah beacon hill is definately a park to stop at. and you should probably hit delridge, greenlake, or if your up further north, hit up the everett plaza, the new zumiez warehouse park, and martha lake. i've never been to orcas, but seems like everyone who takes a trip out to washington spends some time there. pretty sure camping there is a go too. battleground is fucking sick to hit when your on your way out of portland. you could probably find somewhere to camp around there as well. i did a trip over there during the summer and we camped in a little town about 15 minutes out of battleground in yacult by this sweet swimming hole called moulton falls. we just pitched a tent at this fishing spot there, but if you plan on camping in a camp ground, which there is one in that area, i advise making reservations early on because it fills up quick. hope some of that helps.

smellyfart

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 07:14:58 PM »
oh, and here is a clip of the sorcery dudes skating bonney lake.
HAGS vol. #3
its the first park. srry for the double post ::)

• SLAP Pal
  • C.H.Z.
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 07:18:23 PM »
hell ya thanks for the plethora of info.  I'll check into a campground if i have to but if it's free reign out there im goin for that

edit: also this vid just came out... how can i not go on a trip?
http://bcove.me/iym62p7a
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 09:20:27 AM by Unbridled Technical Precision »

brycickle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 153
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2012, 11:10:41 AM »
Hood River.

You and the D00D have turned this thread into a horrible head-on-collision between a short bus full of regular kids and a van full of paraplegics.

smellyfart

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 10:44:17 AM »
Hood River.
i wasnt gonna say it because its kind of out there. but god damn man, that place is so fun. and if your into tranny skating it is pretty much a required park to hit. Also, just across the river is Bingen Skatpark, that place is cool too.
adidas Skateboarding Oregon Park Service with Silas Baxter-Neal
hood river is at :43 and bingen is at 2:42. you have to pay a bridge toll though to get over there. but i thinks it worth it. fun stuff.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2012, 09:29:44 AM »
Hood River.

This. Also, poach the Windell's park on the other side of Mt. Hood and go to Lincoln City. Voodoo doughnuts in Portland is a must visit as well-but is only open at night if memory serves correctly, so don't spend all your singles in the strip clubs and hit it at the end of the night. Guaranteed hangover preventer.

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2012, 11:31:15 AM »
Ha I never heard that voodoo is open only at night.the og one downtown I've only been to at night, so maybe.they have another location that's huge like 5 mins south/east of burnside that is open regular hours.definately worth going to.

steve

• Rep: 45
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2012, 03:09:45 PM »
i lived in humboldt for alittle while and hope to be back there by September. I can't wait to head up to those spots. for the past few weeks everything has been pointing that way. enjoy your trip!