Author Topic: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale  (Read 2468 times)

frisco

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
« on: April 27, 2012, 12:36:38 AM »
This was just announced. And its going to be fucking amazing.

Its essentially Super Smash Bros, but with PS first party characters.

http://www.destructoid.com/preview-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-226561.phtml

Possible other characters

Drake from Uncharted
Cole from Infamous
Dante from Devil May Cry
Jak n Daxter
Rachet n Clank

Im so hyped for this  
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 12:41:37 AM by frisco »

chockfullofthat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
Re: Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 07:48:26 AM »
Meh.  I'll stick to Super Smash Bros.

Stoop Kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -72
  • Fuck hipsters.
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 08:43:53 AM »
They should of added Kratos, and some Square Enix characters.

Stoop Kid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -72
  • Fuck hipsters.
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 08:47:11 AM »
Nevermind Kratos is in it.

pancake man

• Rep: 34
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 02:38:44 PM »
I'll be rip shit if they leave crash out of this, but I'm sure he'll be in the game

boyan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 70
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2012, 04:42:57 PM »
So hyped that even Parappa is in it, hahaha

Fuck yeah, I'm totally buying this, great move Playstation

DaSk8D00D

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2012, 03:44:04 AM »
definitely gonna cop this. i know its somewhat of a smash bros clone but that isnt necessarily a bad thing. they've only shown a fraction of the content so im sure theres gonna be a great cast of playable characters.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1034
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2012, 04:16:20 PM »
cant wait to kick ass as parappa. the game looks like smash, but smash is fun. This is just a new way to play.
all the best fighters are one ps3 so i don't see that happening so i dont think the gameplay will hurt.

Will Easley

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 07:15:36 PM »
Already have it pre-ordered super hyped to pick it up tommorow.

Dont know how many of yall played the beta, but its super fun. For those who dont know the object of the game is to build up your special meter in order to pull off a finisher move to get kills.  Each character has 3 supers with each one being more powerful & harder to build up to. there are no health bars. Its fast-paced and in my opinion has a bit more depth & strategy to it than SSB. Do you wanna slowly build up your meter to level 3 for up to 6 kills or do you wanna just constantly get the easier level 1 & 2 finishers (which are much easier to counter or avoid) throughout the match? The characters are much more diverse & all have very unique playstyles that fit with their actual games. For example, many of Kratos main combos in GoW are in his moveset and he plays very much the same as he does in that game. Radec (from Killzone) is a long-range character who is deadly with his sniper & grenades. His level 3 finisher basically has him fly off the screen in some turret/jetpack contraption as you use a FPS cursor to literally shoot opponents for multiple kills. Sly Cooper relies on smart stealth play (he goes totally invisible instead of having a block button) to pull off his best moves while avoiding his opponents. The gameplay is highly competive & super addicting while the characters are very diverse within their playstyles. I was a HUGE Smash Bros fan but I truly think this game has a chance to knock it off its thrown. It's worth renting at least if you have a PS3 or vita, not to mention the online cross play compatibility between the two.

pancake man

• Rep: 34
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2012, 10:51:38 AM »
How the fuck are they going to have Fat Princess but not Crash Bandicoot? the fuck is this shit?

Will Easley

« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2012, 01:06:52 AM »
Activision currently holds the rights to Crash & Spyro, hence the reason they weren't able to get them in the game

Will Easley

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2013, 02:54:56 PM »
Anybody been playing this? One of my most favorite ps3 games ever. Few things are more fun than getting high as fuck & talking hella shit and/or acting like im on heavy drugs while dominating & hearing people get mad about it. Kratos all fucking day! theyve already rolled out 4 more DLC characters & 2 new levels as well. anybody tryna play online add me @ youngwilliam309

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2013, 05:59:07 PM »
Really haven't played this as much as I thought I would. Its fun with 4 friends offline but its just not as good as Smash Brothers

Online I find myself constantly getting spammed by 12 year olds who discovery overpowered glitches, although I haven't tried it since the new patch

saucy ragu

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 514
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2013, 06:13:02 PM »
Really haven't played this as much as I thought I would. Its fun with 4 friends offline but its just not as good as Smash Brothers

Online I find myself constantly getting spammed by 12 year olds who discovery overpowered glitches, although I haven't tried it since the new patch

Yeah, it isn't as fun as Smash Brothers. The appeal with the first one was obvious (straight fighting with iconic Nintendo characters). But as the series progressed, so did the stories and the extra tasks. Battle Royale is the roster of Smash Brothers Brawl with the depth of the original, which doesn't work so well since they're competing franchises. It is a strong foundation, I just hope they evolve the subsequent entries in the series simultaneously with Smash Bros, or diversify itself more to offer something different.
Quote from: brent
sorrymom, when 112 sing to you what kinda feelin do it bring to you?

frisco

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2013, 06:50:41 PM »
The next Smash Bros better come out on the 3DS, that would be sick