Author Topic: Insoles  (Read 1539 times)

kookedoutlurk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -14
Insoles
« on: November 21, 2012, 12:55:50 AM »
So I see that they're are these expensive insoles for skateboarders remind, ectera, king foam and so on. Just wondering does anyone buy like for example dr. scholls insoles for skating? If so what do you guys think are the best ones. Saw the Dr. Scholls gel sport and was thinking about getting those.

ZEBRA

Re: Insoles
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 01:38:26 AM »
So I see that they're are these expensive insoles for skateboarders remind, ectera, king foam and so on. Just wondering does anyone buy like for example dr. scholls insoles for skating? If so what do you guys think are the best ones. Saw the Dr. Scholls gel sport and was thinking about getting those.

I use Dr. Scholl's arch supports. Just for my arch cause I got wide feet, not for padding.

I have used those gel supports though. I didn't really feel a difference. I don't jump down stairs or anything though, so I couldn't really tell you how well they work.

Also, check this video out if you haven't. I'm gonna try a pair after seeing this......

Footprint Insoles is the future of skateboarding
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 01:40:45 AM by ZEBRA »

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 02:00:47 AM »
i got those footprint ones about a week ago.

goddamn even walking is amazing in those, let alone skating. backing it.

ZEBRA

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 02:14:53 AM »
i got those footprint ones about a week ago.

goddamn even walking is amazing in those, let alone skating. backing it.

Which model??

I'm looking on the online store and can't decide which would be best for me. Not that many people have tried them yet, so there;s not a bunch of YouTube reviews or anything.

Any info about them would be greatly appreciated!!! How to set them up, what shoes you're using them in, etc.

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2012, 02:22:54 AM »
i got those Footprint KingFoam swanski:

i tried them in vans Pacquard, Fallen Mission and Lakai Linden so far, all size 11, insole size 11-11.5. for slimmer shoes it looks as if they wouldnt fit, but they mold themselves in there perfectly, just cram that fucker in there and you are good.

at first its weird, especially when i put them in my Fallen because the stock insole is so thin (aka useless) so it feels as if you have a new shoe that has little boardfeel, but thats not true (the "no boardfeel" part, not the "new shoe" part...)

the arch support is amazing, but feels so weird in the beginning, as if you would be rolling your ankle easier or sth, at least if you are not used to anything else but skateshoes. it kinda feels like having perfectly skateable runningshoes with a lot of boardfeel.

ZEBRA

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2012, 02:29:35 AM »
i got those Footprint KingFoam swanski:

i tried them in vans Pacquard, Fallen Mission and Lakai Linden so far, all size 11, insole size 11-11.5. for slimmer shoes it looks as if they wouldnt fit, but they mold themselves in there perfectly, just cram that fucker in there and you are good.

at first its weird, especially when i put them in my Fallen because the stock insole is so thin (aka useless) so it feels as if you have a new shoe that has little boardfeel, but thats not true (the "no boardfeel" part, not the "new shoe" part...)

the arch support is amazing, but feels so weird in the beginning, as if you would be rolling your ankle easier or sth, at least if you are not used to anything else but skateshoes. it kinda feels like having perfectly skateable runningshoes with a lot of boardfeel.

Are these the ones you inject water into??

I already wear arch supports, but if I can get the same support, but from a skate performance product, shit, why not??

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2012, 02:31:59 AM »
nah, no water injection here. maybe sweat, but not on purpose. and its not only arch protection, but thats the first thing that will feel different to stock insoles.

ZEBRA

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2012, 02:46:40 AM »
nah, no water injection here. maybe sweat, but not on purpose. and its not only arch protection, but thats the first thing that will feel different to stock insoles.

OK, thanks for the info.

I was really interested in the water injected ones cause they mold to your foot. It seems like the ones that you got would be kinda weird. But if you say you get used to them, then it's all good.

I'll probably try more than one model. See what works best.

kookedoutlurk

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2012, 02:48:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I use Dr. Scholl's arch supports. Just for my arch cause I got wide feet, not for padding.

I have used those gel supports though. I didn't really feel a difference. I don't jump down stairs or anything though, so I couldn't really tell you how well they work.

Also, check this video out if you haven't. I'm gonna try a pair after seeing this......

Footprint Insoles is the future of skateboarding
wow

ZEBRA

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2012, 03:25:25 AM »
I was on the Footprint Facebook page and all these kids are asking questions about the insoles and they've answered back on all of them. So, if anyone has questions, you can go there and ask them.

kookedoutlurk

« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2012, 01:45:12 PM »
I just don't know what size to get because I wear 9 1/2 in some shoes and 10s in other. Like the capitol I wear 9 1/2 but like the stacks or kostons 10.

Spitfire4life

• Rep: -20
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2012, 03:03:02 PM »
I got a pair of Ectetera's and they're awesome. Definitively recommend them. They have a primo pad which is awesome, and they last for about 2 years.
If you take medical advice from this puddle of retards you are going to die.

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Captain Oats

• Rep: -4
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2012, 05:12:28 PM »
janoski corks for days

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2012, 07:10:30 PM »
I have a pair of Reminds that I am pretty happy with.  Some shoes have absolute shit insoles and it's good to have something to swap out with the crappy little foam/paper inserts that some models come with.  I have had a lot of decent shoes that were made infinitely more comfortable just by dropping in a decent insole. 

ontheswarm

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2012, 09:30:35 PM »
Just checked out the joey peppper expedition and huf collab shoe and the insoles they put in the southern are so thick and feel awesome. The sole is a lot thicker than normal vulc shoes. Hyped on how well the shoe was built.

Kankle

• Rep: -3
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2012, 02:27:08 PM »
I'm sure those are great, but skate insoles are way too expensive. I have the normal, full-foot, Dr.Scholls insoles. They work fine. I get bruises occassionally on the ball of my foot, but that just happens. They work fine on heel support too.