Author Topic: Girl sucking ass  (Read 9862 times)

china white

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 5
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Girl sucking ass
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2012, 10:23:44 AM »
Wow dude, are you alright? You only live once man, might as well try to make the most of it.

6 years ago I was 26 years old.

Height often equals weight, in that someone who is six foot two is usually heavier than someone who is five foot two. The logic follows that someone who is heavier than someone who is lighter could possibly judge the strength of a board with greater accuracy. I didn't think i would have to explain that concept in such detail. Obviously if one of these people is extremely fat or anorexic, that throws it off. But, on the days I don't skate, I go jogging, so that is not the case here.

I also rarely break boards, then or now. I usually buy new ones when they are dead and riddled with stress cracks, and this process usually takes a couple of months.

Also, if a board is of good quality, it should not break every time whomever is riding it does not land squarely on the bolts. Skating flat. There should be some wiggle room. My guess is that almost every skater knows this to be true.

I did mention the Girl boards felt very brittle. The only thing I could compare it to would be an enjoi board I bought at a highly discounted rate once upon a time. As mentioned, I prefer Chapman and Generator boards, they always treat me right.

Also, my point that you failed to deconstruct so intelligently as you did the rest of my post, was that the board that one of their pros sent to a friend of mine out of his personal board stash, who in turn passed it on to me, was easily one of the best boards I've ever had the pleasure of riding. The difference was remarkable and the wood was not the same. This could possibly suggest a few things. Namely, as a few other people in this thread suspected, they know they provide an inferior product, and therefore press different boards for their team than they do for the market. Which is lame. And that as such was my contribution to this thread.

Do I have any proof of this? No, just pure speculation based on experience.

Cheer up, man. Even if I did insult one of your favorite brands or something, at the end of the day, the question remains, who really cares and does this actually affect your life in any way what so ever?

Peace, may you find it now.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 11:13:06 AM by china white »

Strike A Pose

• Rep: -613
  • Get slapped!
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2012, 11:18:25 AM »
Wow dude you seem like a pretty angry guy. Sorry for that. You only live once man, might as well try to make the most of it.

6 years ago I was 26 years old, if you really must know.

Height often equals weight, in that someone who is six foot two is usually heavier than someone who is five foot two. The logic follows that someone who is heavier than someone who is lighter could possibly judge the strength of a board with greater accuracy. I didn't think i would have to explain that concept in such detail, or i would have done so the first time. Obviously if one of these people is extremely fat or anorexic, that throws it off. But, on the days I don't skate, I go jogging, so that is not the case here.

I also rarely break boards, then or now. I usually buy new ones when they are dead and riddled with stress cracks, and this process usually takes a couple of months.

Also, if a board is of good quality, it should not break every time whomever is riding it does not land squarely on the bolts. Skating flat. There should be some wiggle room. Every skater knows this to be true.

I did mention the Girl boards felt very brittle. The only thing I could compare it to would be an enjoi board I bought at a highly discounted rate once upon a time. As mentioned, I prefer Chapman and Generator boards, they always treat me right.

Also, my point that you failed to deconstruct so intelligently as you did the rest of my post, was that the board that one of their pros sent to a friend of mine out of his personal board stash, who in turn passed it on to me, was easily one of the best boards I've ever had the pleasure of riding. The difference was remarkable and the wood was not the same. This could possibly suggest a few things. Namely, as a few other people in this thread suspected, they know they provide an inferior product, and therefore press different boards for their team than they do for the market. Which is lame. And that as such was my contribution to this thread.

Cheer up, man. Even if I did insult one of your favorite brands or something, at the end of the day, the question remains, who really cares and does this actually affect your life in any way what so ever?

Hahahaha!

Talk about having an affect on someones life (CRYBABY BITCH! LOL)

+I was capable of comprehending your suggested logic, but I would argue that the taller that someone is the less balance they are likely to have on the board, thus causing more opportunities for sketchy landings and unbalanced weight distribution upon impact. (I'm 6'1, I know whats poppin').

+Of course a board shouldn't break on flat if it is new, but if you are a giant and are stomping the nose/tail you are going to fuck shit up regardless.

+Maybe Girl riders do use special decks, but your little story isn't very believable without any evidence to support such a claim.

+I wouldn't say that my Girl deck felt brittle at all. It leaned towards the soggy side if anything. I had a dwindle deck about a year ago and that shit was brittle as fuck and chipped numerous times while skating flatground.

nylin

« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2012, 11:24:17 AM »
Wow dude, are you alright? You only live once man, might as well try to make the most of it.

6 years ago I was 26 years old.

Height often equals weight, in that someone who is six foot two is usually heavier than someone who is five foot two. The logic follows that someone who is heavier than someone who is lighter could possibly judge the strength of a board with greater accuracy. I didn't think i would have to explain that concept in such detail. Obviously if one of these people is extremely fat or anorexic, that throws it off. But, on the days I don't skate, I go jogging, so that is not the case here.

Also, if a board is of good quality, it should not break every time whomever is riding it does not land squarely on the bolts. Skating flat. There should be some wiggle room. My guess is that almost every skater knows this to be true.

I'm 6 foot 2 aswell and you cant really blame the board when you don't land proper whether it be flatground or not.

shone237

« Reply #33 on: November 27, 2012, 11:36:52 AM »
despite all this cry baby bullshit, I'd like to point out that every company has pro decks, and retail decks. If that is something that upsets you, I suggest killing yourself now.

china white

« Reply #34 on: November 27, 2012, 01:32:43 PM »
Strike a pose, you win. My experiences have been rendered insignificant by your quick wit. That, and I didnt furnish enough hard evidence, as you pointed out.

Nydog, you are right, in so far as that I clearly played a large role in the board breaking, or to be more specific, cracking. In essence, I do expect a new board to make it through a few less than perfectly landed flat ground tricks. I have not had similar problems with other brands, or at all, since.

Shone, I like your moderate tone. I was simply sharing my experience to support your claim, although I may have been long winded in doing so.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 01:36:00 PM by china white »

Deekay

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 125
« Reply #35 on: November 27, 2012, 02:34:33 PM »
I love how girl and chocolate boards skate and feel. My buddy snapped one pretty easily but him and a bunch of other people skates them all the time without any problems

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #36 on: November 27, 2012, 03:01:54 PM »
I know a guy that skates mostly flat ground and ramps from what ive seen and he always rides girl/choco wood. He must find something quite cool or specifically desirable about them.
I bought a Brenes choco  board when I was a young lad< and remember breaking it alot sooner than most of the other boards Id had up to that point. Then about a year ago, being 22 I decided to give them anpther shot, getting a Chocolate Marc johnson board from the shop I worked in at the time, it also broke,in two, after a few sessions.
From my limited experience with them, I havnt found them to be the best shaped boards AT ALL, and have broken them easily.

That is my opinion and experience with Girl and chocolate boards.

PS anyone remember in the big bonus footage montage on Yeah Right! that had MJ breaking (an already broken) board in two with his hands , and saying "so fucking tired of riding different boards man"
Although this isnt an admittance of shitty quality wood, this thread just brought that to my mind :)
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

china white

« Reply #37 on: November 27, 2012, 04:11:24 PM »
I know a guy that skates mostly flat ground and ramps from what ive seen and he always rides girl/choco wood. He must find something quite cool or specifically desirable about them.
I bought a Brenes choco  board when I was a young lad< and remember breaking it alot sooner than most of the other boards Id had up to that point. Then about a year ago, being 22 I decided to give them anpther shot, getting a Chocolate Marc johnson board from the shop I worked in at the time, it also broke,in two, after a few sessions.
From my limited experience with them, I havnt found them to be the best shaped boards AT ALL, and have broken them easily.

PS anyone remember in the big bonus footage montage on Yeah Right! that had MJ breaking (an already broken) board in two with his hands , and saying "so fucking tired of riding different boards man"
Although this isnt an admittance of shitty quality wood, this thread just brought that to my mind :)

Tread very carefully when sharing your experiences based on personal experience. If your opinion does not align with that of someone who is perhaps both intolerant, uneducated and impulsive, your personal experiences and opinions will be declared invalid.

Strike A Pose

• Get slapped!
« Reply #38 on: November 27, 2012, 04:40:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Tread very carefully when sharing your experiences based on personal experience. If your opinion does not align with that of someone who is perhaps both intolerant, uneducated and impulsive, your personal experiences and opinions will be declared invalid.

Lmao

Keep cryin, faggot!

b.v.

« Reply #39 on: November 27, 2012, 06:47:19 PM »
For the record, new boards do tend to break the easiest.
They generally are stiff with no flex or give, and landing hard on the nose or tail with pressure where the baseplate meets deck can mean a ply or two has to give. Every time I see someone with a brand new broken deck they tend to have a stiffer style, or just went and hucked something off the nearest stair set or gap they found after setting up a new board.
The reason some of you have had a board for weeks to months and were impressed is because you tend to have a looser style, and gave your board a chance to break in a bit and gain some flex, decreasing your chances of a quick snap.
I'm big and have broken way too many boards first day over the years  for not being warmed up and landing a bit off.
It's part of skating and doesn't always represent the quality of the board.
After all, we're the ones skating it. It didn't break on it's own.
Lower your expectations.

tangar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • THINK LESS
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2012, 12:49:11 AM »
They generally are stiff with no flex or give, and landing hard on the nose or tail with pressure where the baseplate meets deck can mean a ply or two has to give. Every time I see someone with a brand new broken deck they tend to have a stiffer style, or just went and hucked something off the nearest stair set or gap they found after setting up a new board.
The reason some of you have had a board for weeks to months and were impressed is because you tend to have a looser style, and gave your board a chance to break in a bit and gain some flex, decreasing your chances of a quick snap.
I'm big and have broken way too many boards first day over the years?  for not being warmed up and landing a bit off.
Lower your expectations.

THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN BROUGHT TO YOU BY CRAILTAP
Man the long board truck thing killed indy for me. I was willing to set aside the racism, but long boarding, gtfo... - DH

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2012, 07:21:31 AM »
Haha.

Yep. Irrelevant shit...

And it doesn't count, I suppose...

c'mon crailtap, step up. bitches.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

zoltan

« Reply #42 on: November 30, 2012, 11:13:49 PM »
Girl Boards are just sugar coated. They use really shitty wood then stain them with pretty bright colors, and add an extra glossy finish with a colorful graphic.

They have a good shap but the tail and nose are too stubby i prefer AWS with a big nose and just slightly smaller tail

The Ghost of Lenny Kirk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2012, 09:36:48 PM »
Well, all im gonna say is that theres a reason you see crailtap dudes riding anti hero boards......

Crailtap shapes are good but the woods just shitty. If you do lots of low impact stuff and slappys you should be asking about truck quality and deck shape instead. You could probably skate a wal-mart board and be fine as long as the trucks come correct.  But if youre going bigger or faster i cant really back it. crailtap decks snap like twigs. I dont know what mccrank or malto skate but its definitely not this shit.

Baron Samedi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2012, 10:03:31 PM »
I'm big and have broken way too many boards first day over the years  for not being warmed up and landing a bit off.
Lower your expectations.

That's interesting to me. I snap a pretty inordinate percentage of new boards, and yet the thought never occurred to me that it wasn't necessarily the wood being shitty, but that maybe my dumb ass just always snaps newer boards because they're brittle and not broken in yet. I'll definitely take that into consideration in the future.

And for the record, I don't skate Girl wood. I'm just hanging out here.

Private Dancer

• Rep: -3
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2012, 07:46:28 AM »
i have seen alot of guys on crailtap NOT riding crailtap very often. mostly the new guys and brian anderson.

dillanharp

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2012, 11:59:23 AM »
Like you fucks have a finger on the Girl and Chocolate team's pulse. You can get a board from a homie if you need one, doesn't mean you're not riding your own boards. I'm surprised there wasn't a "Guy on Alien" thread after that sequence in Thrasher...

Captain Oats

• Rep: -4
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2012, 04:46:37 PM »
girl boards are good if you don't way much

ice nine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -308
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2012, 06:48:53 PM »
hey dave a long time ago you posted some action sports quarterly sales graph which showed board sales. any chance we could get an updated version of that somehow?
I;m sure i;m not the only dc/monster/subaru type guy here

Strike A Pose

• Get slapped!
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2012, 07:26:31 PM »
i have seen alot of guys on crailtap NOT riding crailtap very often. mostly the new guys and brian anderson.

Brian Anderson barely even skates anymore, so I don't know if that is a valid indicator of quality.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2012, 03:43:06 AM »
strange, but for a long period of time i would skate nothing but chocolate decks, after skating them for so long i tried out a girl deck and it was terrible, went back to a chocolate and i noticed a huge difference.
anyone else get that ever?