Author Topic: opinion on cruisers  (Read 5398 times)

Andrew Wong

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -10
opinion on cruisers
« on: December 05, 2012, 11:53:20 PM »
My friend and I are starting a small company making cruisers basically from scratch out of uncut blanks. We primer, paint, and finish the boards so we put a lot of time into making the decks. We plan to come out with more decks as well as completes.  I wanted to post this on slap and ask for constructive criticism and also see what real skateboarders enjoy on their cruisers, what they don't like, as well as stuff they want to see on a cruiser.

Thanks a lot really appreciate it!

Andrew Wong

Sandy Eggo

• Rep: 31
Re: opinion on cruisers
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 11:58:02 PM »
My friend and I are starting a small company making cruisers basically from scratch out of uncut blanks. We primer, paint, and finish the boards so we put a lot of time into making the decks. We plan to come out with more decks as well as completes.  I wanted to post this on slap and ask for constructive criticism and also see what real skateboarders enjoy on their cruisers, what they don't like, as well as stuff they want to see on a cruiser.

Thanks a lot really appreciate it!

Andrew Wong

oxymoron?

Hercules Rockefeller

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -13
  • i`m a double-bacon-genius-burger.
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 11:58:50 PM »

wisdom teeth

• Rep: 10
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 07:38:07 AM »
Where are you getting the uncut decks?

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 08:35:21 AM »
Who ever did the marketing for these things is a genius, i see loads of people carrying them around

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 09:07:48 AM »
Who ever did the marketing for these things is a genius, i see loads of people carrying them around

That is what I am saying. I don't know how this even got so popular but I see a lot of people rolling in these things lately. Even saw that Target has a shitty model in store. I like cruisers to a certain degree but no griptape? That just seems regular.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

Unbridled Technical Precision

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -329
  • C.H.Z.

Mat

• Rep: -14
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2012, 09:36:12 AM »
i have a cruiser i really like. its a zip zinger nano with 169 indys on it, so the wheels stick out the side which i really like, it reminds me of a race car, shits smooooooth

Mad Lauder

• Rep: 37
  • RIP SLIM DUNKIN
    • THEWORST avatar image
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2012, 09:54:42 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That is what I am saying. I don't know how this even got so popular but I see a lot of people rolling in these things lately. Even saw that Target has a shitty model in store. I like cruisers to a certain degree but no griptape? That just seems regular.

They got so popular because their the perfect "urban accessory".
The bright sold colors make it  very easy to match with outfits.
I dont recall ever putting on anything Southpole in my life.
http://soundcloud.com/theworst

Andrew Wong

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2012, 11:40:51 AM »

go to skatepaige.com
they have a bunch of options with 9.5 uncuts and 10.5 uncuts and well as other blank boards.

Andrew Wong

« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2012, 11:52:51 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I definitely understand what you guys are talking about, so many people have them at the school I go to. It is kind of one of the reasons that me and my friend started to make cruisers. We want to be able to offer cruisers to skateboarders who don't want to buy a penny, vinyl cruiser, or globe etc. Plus we make them with the purpose of functionality. In my opinion I would rather have a cruiser that still functions like a skateboard so I can ollie over a sewer drain and 5050 a red curb or whatever.

Andrew Wong

« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2012, 11:56:17 AM »
i have a cruiser i really like. its a zip zinger nano with 169 indys on it, so the wheels stick out the side which i really like, it reminds me of a race car, shits smooooooth

cant go wrong with a zip zinger on some indys. what size wheels do you ride?

dillanharp

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2012, 01:13:57 PM »
My opinion? They're pointless accessories. I don't understand why you can't roll to the bar on any set up.

Kankle

• Rep: -3
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2012, 01:25:59 PM »
Cruising are rad! good for filmin' or just rolling around for fun. I don't understand how people can hate on them. Get a big Zig Zagger and bomb hills.

DJSoftspot

• Rep: 0
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2012, 01:27:56 PM »
My opinion? They're pointless accessories. I don't understand why you can't roll to the bar on any set up.

Big soft wheels are fun because you can go a lot faster, but yeah it's kind a pointless when i live in a place with lots of hills (cant powerslide). Kinda want to sell my zip zinger. anyone looking for one?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 01:29:35 PM by DJSoftspot »

codithou

• Rep: 41
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2012, 04:17:39 PM »

I don't know, I think sweatercuff's carpet cruisers are pretty cool, man.

Those plastic looking cruisers are kind of weird though.

Unbridled Technical Precision

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -329
  • C.H.Z.
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2012, 05:07:10 PM »
cruisers are also the most key thing to have if it's raining. gotta have that grip

sufodiv

• Rep: -5
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2012, 05:13:41 PM »
if your a skateboarder, you most likely know what a good cruiser board is.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2012, 05:19:31 PM »
I have a stereo vinyl, an old deck cut into a zipzinger shape, and a retro fish shape.... i don't really ride anyone of them... but i do like that i have them. i use to ride them around campus til i realized that my regular board is still the most comfortable overall.

ellettskate

• Rep: -7
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2012, 05:23:21 PM »
8" width, but still short like a zinger or nano but wider tail so that you wont get razor tail. and wheel wells so when we steel long boards and put their fist size wheels on we won't be as likely to get wheel bite. boom. oh and drill a hole in the middle/side area so we can chain it to stuff when we go places. and if you don't skate your gonna piss off a lot of people on here trying to feel out your demographic on here. at least hire pr/marketing people that actually skate.

penguin meat

« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2012, 06:10:32 PM »
I hate small cruisers. You have to be able to ollie over sewer caps in the dark, drunk, so foot placement is going to be all over the place.

svilleantigo

• Rep: 61
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2012, 08:21:03 PM »
i use to ride them around campus til i realized that my regular board is still the most comfortable overall.

exactly. either get comfortable on what you have, or buy soft wheels if you have to, hack up an old deck, have yourself a nice little art project and save 30 or 40 bucks.

ivegotlevitation

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2012, 08:39:28 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

go to skatepaige.com
they have a bunch of options with 9.5 uncuts and 10.5 uncuts and well as other blank boards.

You're getting good boards. That's the only skateboard manufacturer in Arkansas, I used to get blanks there every now and then when I lived there.

bust.factor

• Rep: 20
  • Madvillain Bistro Bed and Breakfast Bar and Grill
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2012, 08:45:05 PM »
http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=38836.570

I'd start here. you're definitely going to get a lot more info on slap's opinion on cruisers there than you ever could making a thread about it

best of luck with starting your company
« Last Edit: December 06, 2012, 08:56:03 PM by bust.factor »

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1071
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2012, 01:20:01 AM »
for an actual constructive idea.

id say be creative with the shapes like that company mango rides even the silly shapes santa cruz puts out (ak47, sword, etc) The main reason i waste money on boards i never ride, is because they looked cool at the same time i had some disposable income. so go hard and make that money

also
http://us.shop.elementbrand.com/w/skateboards/no-board-left-behind

doublesteveburger

« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2012, 03:38:35 AM »
anybody have a link to where i can get a cruiser that isn't straight from the brand (dlx, tumyeto, etc) itself?
i've already tried a few websites and every one of them sucks and doesn't cary much.

penguin meat

« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2012, 07:22:14 AM »
anybody have a link to where i can get a cruiser that isn't straight from the brand (dlx, tumyeto, etc) itself?
i've already tried a few websites and every one of them sucks and doesn't cary much.
You prefer having a middle-man?

The Nose Face

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 8
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2012, 08:30:26 AM »

Tactics has a decent selection of cruisers:

http://www.tactics.com/classic-skateboard-decks

Andrew Wong

« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2012, 12:44:41 PM »
http://www.slapmagazine.com/component/option,com_jfusion/Itemid,4/index.php?topic=38836.570

I'd start here. you're definitely going to get a lot more info on slap's opinion on cruisers there than you ever could making a thread about it

best of luck with starting your company

Thanks for the link, helped out a lot!

Wh0l3

« Reply #29 on: December 07, 2012, 02:08:31 PM »
Cruiser's are pretty dumb. Just skate your shit how you want, whether it's a zig zagger or a popsicle shape. You don't need a certain shaped board to skate a certain way.