Author Topic: THI3D THURSDAY Parody Skateboard Design Contest  (Read 1205 times)

BoardPusher

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -21
    • BoardPusher.com avatar image
THI3D THURSDAY Parody Skateboard Design Contest
« on: January 07, 2014, 09:50:47 AM »
New year, new THI3D THURSDAY Skateboard Design Contest brought to you by http://www.BoardPusher.com. This month is a "Cease and Desist" parody theme. Some of the most crucial skateboard graphics are designs that mocked the mainstream and parodied classic characters or logos like the Jeff Grosso Coca-Cola board. The industry would even make fun of itself like the early Blind spoofs of iconic Powell Peralta boards or the countless parodies of Jim Phillips' skateboard graphics. For this month's THI3D THURSDAY we're looking for you to make fun of your favorite (or least favorite) pop culture reference. Give a familiar character a funny or deadly twist, turn a popular emblem or slogan into something ironic, drop a celebrity into an embarrassing or compromising situation, or simply spoof a classic skateboard graphic. It is very important that we DON'T get a Cease and Desist letter so, be sure that the design is 100% your original artwork.

All entries must be received by Thursday, January16th. The winner will receive a skateboard with his or her winning graphic printed on it as well as $100. The design will then be featured in the BoardPusher THI3D THURSDAY shop alongside other winners with a limited run of 10 decks of each design available to the public. See past winners here http://www.BoardPusher.com/ThirdThursday. BoardPusher will not be using the graphics for branding purposes, so the rights to the winning artwork, as well as all entries not selected, will be retained by the original artist. To enter, or for more information, go to http://www.boardpusher.com/contest. Address any further questions to [email protected].

Oprah Winfrey

Re: THI3D THURSDAY Parody Skateboard Design Contest
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2014, 10:23:15 AM »
Skateboarding industry as a whole deserves to die/be ignored.

Ayejay

• Rep: 12
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2014, 12:51:12 PM »
I sent twelve entry's. That ok?

Seamus_McShamebag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2014, 01:02:08 PM »
This is me winning.  Please make sure to pay me with a non-sequential Benjamin$.

SodaJerk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1085
  • Butterscotch yo!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2014, 01:37:10 PM »
This is me winning.  Please make sure to pay me with a non-sequential Benjamin$.

Slam dunk, shut the contest down. Where can I buy one or ten of these?

cletus the slack jawed yokel

• Rep: 7
  • big money big cars!
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 10:13:53 PM »

man i love you