Author Topic: new balance enters skate shoe arena  (Read 136385 times)

ZEBRA

Re: new balance enters skate shoe arena
« Reply #270 on: December 15, 2012, 11:25:57 PM »
Word from Black box is saying that Jamie Thomas is considering selling Fallens at Walmart...

Damn, can't say I'm not surprised.

And here we all thought that The Chief was a born again Christian, but he actually sold his soul to the devil......

zoltan

« Reply #271 on: December 15, 2012, 11:28:03 PM »
there just gunna be fallens with an "N" stiched on the side  ???

ZEBRA

« Reply #272 on: December 15, 2012, 11:29:50 PM »
why would pj give up the three stripe to take a chance on a new company that wont even come out until next summer

Don't think he was ever officially on, was he??

Hate_Then_Skate

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -9
  • Steven Seagal with a Desert Eagle
« Reply #273 on: December 15, 2012, 11:59:11 PM »
I'd just like to say fuck Adidas, Nike, and New Balance.   And a big special fuck you to Vans for making the other skate companies compete with their low quality cheap vulcanized garbage which forced all the "core" companies to create shitty cheap vulcanized shoes as well.   Oh and fuck vulcanized shoes, if you like them enjoy your backpain when you're 20. Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate. 

Just my opinion
This isn't the 90's anymore. ESPN, Nike and Mountain Dew are Big Brother, Es and beer. Time to slip into some comfy New Balances and head towards old age.

asakusa75

« Reply #274 on: December 15, 2012, 11:59:52 PM »
Could very well mean a PJ welcome part and you know we will all be very happy with that.

ZEBRA

« Reply #275 on: December 16, 2012, 12:01:52 AM »
I'd just like to say fuck Adidas, Nike, and New Balance.   And a big special fuck you to Vans for making the other skate companies compete with their low quality cheap vulcanized garbage which forced all the "core" companies to create shitty cheap vulcanized shoes as well.   Oh and fuck vulcanized shoes, if you like them enjoy your backpain when you're 20. Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate. 

Just my opinion

You forgot Converse.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #276 on: December 16, 2012, 01:58:14 AM »
Expand Quote
Word from Black box is saying that Jamie Thomas is considering selling Fallens at Walmart...
[close]

And here we all thought that The Chief was a born again Christian, but he actually sold his soul to the devil......

I said it before, and I'll say it again... Black Box will never see another cent from me.
New Balance?? Fuck it makes me sick.

Homeless Prostitute

• Rep: 0
« Reply #277 on: December 16, 2012, 02:05:53 AM »
Expand Quote

Just my opinion
[close]

You forgot Converse.

Owned by nike anyway, so he inferred it.
tiny knob mob

ZEBRA

« Reply #278 on: December 16, 2012, 02:08:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I said it before, and I'll say it again... Black Box will never see another cent from me.

I'm with ya on that.

Fuckin' sucks. Such a damn disappointment.

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -311
« Reply #279 on: December 16, 2012, 02:24:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm with ya on that.

It flat out sucks dick!.. I was telling a mate about it today (he doesn't skate) and he couldn't believe it!
We were laughing about how New Balance is prob the #1 selling old man shoe of all time.

« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 02:25:56 AM by Suit Up! »

360 frip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65505
  • -65 G 4 RYFE
« Reply #280 on: December 16, 2012, 02:51:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm with ya on that.

[close]

It flat out sucks dick!.. I was telling a mate about it today (he doesn't skate) and he couldn't believe it!
We were laughing about how New Balance is prob the #1 selling old man shoe of all time.

Could Zero/Black box have a worse image? Seems like it got stuck in time.

I can't really see how people are so upset by this. This isn't the 90's anymore. ESPN, Nike and Mountain Dew are Big Brother, Es and beer. Time to slip into some comfy New Balances and head towards old age.
"I DON'T WANT TO BELONG TO ANY CLUB THAT WILL ACCEPT PEOPLE LIKE ME AS A MEMBER." Groucho

"Sorry 360 frip, you are banned from using this forum!" HATE

waltercronkite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #281 on: December 16, 2012, 06:43:35 AM »
Expand Quote
why would pj give up the three stripe to take a chance on a new company that wont even come out until next summer
[close]

Boston.

im from boston i used to wear some new balance... i wouldnt

apad88

« Reply #282 on: December 16, 2012, 06:48:38 AM »

Just my opinion
broken record.

Hate_Then_Skate

• Rep: -9
  • Steven Seagal with a Desert Eagle
« Reply #283 on: December 16, 2012, 09:15:59 AM »
Expand Quote
I'd just like to say fuck Adidas, Nike, and New Balance.?  ? And a big special fuck you to Vans for making the other skate companies compete with their low quality cheap vulcanized garbage which forced all the "core" companies to create shitty cheap vulcanized shoes as well.?  ? Oh and fuck vulcanized shoes, if you like them enjoy your backpain when you're 20. Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate.? 

Just my opinion
[close]
broken record.
You mean I'm not the first fool to say that???
This isn't the 90's anymore. ESPN, Nike and Mountain Dew are Big Brother, Es and beer. Time to slip into some comfy New Balances and head towards old age.

zuma

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #284 on: December 16, 2012, 09:16:16 AM »
I'd just like to say fuck Adidas, Nike, and New Balance.� �And a big special fuck you to Vans for making the other skate companies compete with their low quality cheap vulcanized garbage which forced all the "core" companies to create shitty cheap vulcanized shoes as well.� �Oh and fuck vulcanized shoes, if you like them enjoy your backpain when you're 20. Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate.�

Just my opinion

it s funny how core companies claim new impact technology and quality improvement with shoes like the g6 nowadays- like the reynolds 1 koston 1 og accels or creagers never existed. i still have these and the quality was just so much higher back then... no ripping through a brand new pair within a few hours... and no cardboard footbead on cupsole shoes.
shoes like the accels had double stitching connectiong the sole to the rest of the shoe. if i look at the g6 it has no stitching which causes shoes to lose shape and blow out quicker... not even talking about the quality of the suede.

i believe if the core brands would have kept the old quality standard with just slimmed down shoes they d be better off competing against these big names nowadays.

ZEBRA

« Reply #285 on: December 16, 2012, 12:16:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I'm with ya on that.

[close]

[close]

Could Zero/Black box have a worse image? Seems like it got stuck in time.

I can't really see how people are so upset by this. This isn't the 90's anymore. ESPN, Nike and Mountain Dew are Big Brother, Es and beer. Time to slip into some comfy New Balances and head towards old age.

Yes, the help produce and market New Balance now.

pandarelated

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #286 on: December 16, 2012, 12:33:18 PM »
a skateable version of these

one of the guys on Open has been skating a pair of these. but in low top. though he uses custom perscription ortho's. he hasn't had any complants. but he tends to not complain (you may have seen in him mandible videos wearing asics)

The Muffin Man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
« Reply #287 on: December 16, 2012, 06:50:10 PM »
Expand Quote
a skateable version of these

[close]

one of the guys on Open has been skating a pair of these. but in low top. though he uses custom perscription ortho's. he hasn't had any complants. but he tends to not complain (you may have seen in him mandible videos wearing asics)

Wait, the red and white Asics? That dude had the sickest style.

Being short is the motorcycle of life.

ALABAMAMAN

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -196
« Reply #288 on: December 16, 2012, 08:37:17 PM »
SAW A PAIR AND THEY LOOKED LIKE FALLEN SLASH BUT WITH A N ON THE SIDE. EXACT SAME. BUT THATS THE ONLY ONES IVE SEEN.

Iceman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 433
« Reply #289 on: December 17, 2012, 11:05:49 AM »

fatuglyjohnjohn

• Rep: -1
« Reply #290 on: December 18, 2012, 02:45:21 AM »
i cant sleep and i just sat here and read all 10 pages of this bullshit to realize that people are regular. if you dont like something, dont buy it. its that simple. and if you're scared that your core brands will disappear, and if you are that fucking worried about it, buy as many as you can while they last. who cares about what some new skateboard shoes will do to the other companies. no matter what there will always be a board and some shoes that fucking work for you and that you can still do what you love with. whether or not theres a big ass ugly N on the side or a sideways golden e, you will still be able to skate. a big new corporation wont ruin the fun of skating. skating is never going to disappear, quit having nightmares. think happy things.

Oprah Winfrey

« Reply #291 on: December 18, 2012, 10:09:23 AM »
I might even pick up a pair for Steadman.

TrainWreck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -77
« Reply #292 on: December 18, 2012, 10:32:44 AM »

what are you talking about ? pj never was on addidas

ZEBRA

« Reply #293 on: December 18, 2012, 10:39:53 AM »
i cant sleep and i just sat here and read all 10 pages of this bullshit to realize that people are regular. if you dont like something, dont buy it. its that simple. and if you're scared that your core brands will disappear, and if you are that fucking worried about it, buy as many as you can while they last. who cares about what some new skateboard shoes will do to the other companies. no matter what there will always be a board and some shoes that fucking work for you and that you can still do what you love with. whether or not theres a big ass ugly N on the side or a sideways golden e, you will still be able to skate. a big new corporation wont ruin the fun of skating. skating is never going to disappear, quit having nightmares. think happy things.

Read that Jenkem article again. You obviously did not get the message.

BRIX SKWIKZ

« Reply #294 on: December 18, 2012, 10:43:02 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

:D

fatuglyjohnjohn

« Reply #295 on: December 18, 2012, 01:04:58 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

oh i read it, and i agree with it. im just saying whether or not your favorite company is still around, you can still skate and have fun regardless of what other reasons people skate for, fashion, money and other regular shit.

swagdragon123

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -105
  • I take my internet usernames xtremly serious
    • HOBOHOGAN avatar image
« Reply #296 on: December 18, 2012, 01:06:19 PM »
Expand Quote
I'd just like to say fuck Adidas, Nike, and New Balance.� �And a big special fuck you to Vans for making the other skate companies compete with their low quality cheap vulcanized garbage which forced all the "core" companies to create shitty cheap vulcanized shoes as well.� �Oh and fuck vulcanized shoes, if you like them enjoy your backpain when you're 20. Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate.�

Just my opinion
[close]

it s funny how core companies claim new impact technology and quality improvement with shoes like the g6 nowadays- like the reynolds 1 koston 1 og accels or creagers never existed. i still have these and the quality was just so much higher back then... no ripping through a brand new pair within a few hours... and no cardboard footbead on cupsole shoes.
shoes like the accels had double stitching connectiong the sole to the rest of the shoe. if i look at the g6 it has no stitching which causes shoes to lose shape and blow out quicker... not even talking about the quality of the suede.

i believe if the core brands would have kept the old quality standard with just slimmed down shoes they d be better off competing against these big names nowadays.
I agree! if there was no such thing as money...

ZEBRA

« Reply #297 on: December 18, 2012, 01:25:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
oh i read it, and i agree with it. im just saying whether or not your favorite company is still around, you can still skate and have fun regardless of what other reasons people skate for, fashion, money and other regular shit.

Of course, no matter what, we're always gonna have fun skating. That doesn't mean we shouldn't care and say,"fuck it, whatever."

fatuglyjohnjohn

« Reply #298 on: December 18, 2012, 02:15:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
[close]

Of course, no matter what, we're always gonna have fun skating. That doesn't mean we shouldn't care and say,"fuck it, whatever."

i agree, cause i never said that

polyethylene

• Rep: -3
« Reply #299 on: December 18, 2012, 03:34:52 PM »