Author Topic: copenhagen is the spot  (Read 8548 times)

botefdunn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
copenhagen is the spot
« on: March 10, 2014, 01:21:55 PM »
First time in Denmark, been here about 4 days, Copenhagen is amazing for skateboarding.

Many amazing spots, good pavement and bike lanes to cruise everywhere, little to no security or harassement. The city is very flat, no hill bombs, but it's easy to push around. The architecture is really varied and there seem to be free outdoor skateparks/skateart installations all over. It's a bit expensive coming from N.America, but you can get 3-dollar felafels and that ain't bad.

RoedGroed

• Rep: 60
Re: copenhagen is the spot
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2014, 03:18:20 PM »
Copenhagen is sick! Let me know if you need any spot-directions or what-to-do's or whatever. Enjoy your stay man, especially in these days, the weather is amazing for this season!

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2014, 03:56:24 PM »
 Thanks for the offer, any advice on stuff to see or eat would be appreciated. I'm pretty open to anything, but especially free or cheap stuff. Today I checked out the two big libraries in town, the reference one on the water is a nice design. I'm skating a lot in Norrebro because that's where I'm staying, but I really like this part of town anyway.

Oh yeah, anybody who visits here, treat yourself to a Cocio Classic

RoedGroed

• Rep: 60
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 12:28:51 AM »
You should try eating at Isted Grill, its a legendary place. Typical danish too in a sense. Also a place called Kebabish, its a little more expensive but its super good.

Of free things to do, i like to go down to go to a lot of the chillout spots, im sure you have been to Christiania by now? Or else, if the weather gets a little better soon, you could go to 'bongspottet' at Bryggen - its a little skatepark like place with a streety feel to it - and it has loads of people hanging out and a place to jump from and swim in the harbor (clean water though).

N?rrebroparken is nice, i usually try to go to Jarmers plads,it has that plaza feel to it.

professional

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 03:31:33 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm going to be in Copenhagen April 24-May 4. I have a place to stay from April 24-30 but was wondering if anyone knew of a couch I could crash on for a few days before I head home. Thanks!

JamesNtheGntPch

• Rep: 38
  • Philadelphia, PA
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2014, 03:35:08 PM »
If it is a rainy day head to the bowl at Christiania.  Have you been there yet?  

There is a spot on a bike trail in Amager with flat bars a manny pad and bank.  : Prags Boulevard 80, 2300 K�benhavn, Denmark

Amager Strandpark has some sets and ledges.

Oh and definitely go here! I wish I went here a few more times than I did. : Kalvebod Brygge 24, 1560 K�benhavn V, Denmark

Also, there is a Copenhagen thread in the travel section of the forum.  You might find some helpful info there.

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2014, 05:30:52 PM »
very much appreciate all the advice.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 05:51:03 PM by botefdunn »

botefdunn

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2014, 02:33:00 PM »
Aarhus is also sick, and Roed Groed has a sweet fakie hardflip.

dirtyweemidden

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 59
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 08:05:55 AM »
falledparken is fucking sick! also do yourself a favour and heasd to hans christian square right outside the ripleys museum, theres a little hot dog stand, get a bacon twizzler.. we were there last year for my bachelor party/CPHpro and for real bought things on the drunken stagger back to the hotel every night

Candygirl

• Rep: -4
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 08:14:35 AM »
Another nice place to check out is the NBP (N?rrebroparken). As a local I can tell that the park got a pretty good vibe.
Skating there feels more like streetskating though. Many of the locals are a little older (between 20-30), which results in
an all around good parketiquett?.

Here a few pictures:
http://www.spot-guiden.dk/spots/N%C3%B8rrebro_Skatepark

_UniversalTruth_

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 42
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2014, 08:17:49 AM »
I'm a fan of this city too. They seem to appreciate skateboarding in public space by building cool spots and they have great architecture. Here's a pretty new clip of denmark's lakai team:

LAKAI Denmark on Vimeo
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 09:50:14 AM by _UniversalTruth_ »
i likes skooterboarding.. be lets friends :)

Candygirl

• Rep: -4
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2014, 08:23:32 AM »
I'm a fan of this city too. They seems to appreciate skateboarding in bublic space by building cool spots and they have great architecture. Here's a pretty new clip of denmark's lakai team:

LAKAI Denmark on Vimeo

It?s like you say. Many possibilities for skaboarding and the bust factor is pretty low.
Many of the spots aound the city seem to have more of a uniqe character.
i.e. you don?t find that kinds of spots in other places.