Author Topic: Holy Backside Lipslide!  (Read 8135 times)

Style Police

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 781
Re: Holy Backside Lipslide!
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2013, 10:16:40 AM »

poor alice

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -133
  • ♦️♣️♥️♠️
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2013, 07:47:41 PM »
he really fuking is, that tailslide clip was classic. And I'd love to see the footage of this back lip, he looks so relaxed in the photo and like he's almost starting to come off the ledge rather early.
I'm going to argue that Placebo owes their entire career to a Canadian dude's skate video part. Appleyard should be getting royalties for this shit.

ttching!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65214
  • Smilin' Mercenary
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2013, 08:22:54 PM »
Expand Quote
sick photo. gabbers kills it last dude in this montage:

[close]
how the fuck do they get away with skating all those indoor spots. that was really sick.

Australia. Shits different over there. The toilet flushes the other way, they have more reasonable security guards and even a red-haired atheist, lesbian Prime Minister. I know it seems crazy, too good to be real, but it is real. Real far away.

spungo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 137
  • Lord Ganesha
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #33 on: January 12, 2013, 10:10:44 AM »
I think he was using a z-roller board.   Do they make those?  why not?  Like an abacus with trucks and wheels, you could slide forever!
do more yoga!

tom

• Rep: -10
« Reply #34 on: January 12, 2013, 11:44:39 AM »
are people really bitching about too much wax? are you serious? what won't you complain about? 

and yes I created an account just to post this.

SheepShagger

« Reply #35 on: January 12, 2013, 02:19:52 PM »
Lipslides on ledges = VISUALLY DISPLEASING

True dat. Should have have back tailed.  Lipslides are no different that boardslides on ledges.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 147
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2013, 03:56:52 PM »
I was hoping for a lipslide on a double kinker rail.

heshrat69

« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2013, 10:14:29 PM »
I was hoping for a lipslide on a double kinker rail.
go watch mind field then

thugnificent

« Reply #38 on: January 12, 2013, 10:18:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
how the fuck do they get away with skating all those indoor spots. that was really sick.
[close]

Australia. Shits different over there. The toilet flushes the other way, they have more reasonable security guards and even a red-haired atheist, lesbian Prime Minister. I know it seems crazy, too good to be real, but it is real. Real far away.

but what about the spiders? f that s

asakusa75

« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2013, 02:02:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

Spiders are no biggie, just leave them alone.
I spoke to my mum recently and she said she found a snake skin in our backyard that had  been shed. She stretched it out and said it was about two metres long. She was pretty sure it is from the red belly black snake that lives under a big rock down near the fence.
Google those fuckers, pretty sketchy to happen across during a casual stroll in the yard.
I know, cool story.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 04:36:41 AM by asakusa75 »

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2013, 03:21:09 AM »
anyone complaining about wax or lipslides  is a faggot and hsould be banned and is also a cum guzzler

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #41 on: January 13, 2013, 04:04:16 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I spoke to my mum recently and she said she found a snake skin in our backyard that had recently been shed. She stretched it out and said it was about two metres long. She was pretty sure it is from the red belly black snake that lives under a big rock down near the fence.
Google those fuckers, pretty sketchy to happen across during a casual stroll in the yard.
I know, cool story.

this is the little guy that lives in the stables at my grandmas place.. this was a while ago, its probably much bigger now... i dont mess with the venomous snakes at home unless I have too

but anyway the back lip is messed up... he must of been flying

asakusa75

« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2013, 04:34:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I spoke to my mum recently and she said she found a snake skin in our backyard that had recently been shed. She stretched it out and said it was about two metres long. She was pretty sure it is from the red belly black snake that lives under a big rock down near the fence.
I know, cool story.
[close]

this is the little guy that lives in the stables at my grandmas place.. this was a while ago, its probably much bigger now... i dont mess with the venomous snakes at home unless I have too

Python right? Which type?

The Drew

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 285
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2013, 04:57:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I know, cool story.
[close]

[close]

just a little carpet python

asakusa75

« Reply #44 on: January 13, 2013, 05:01:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I know, cool story.
[close]

[close]

just a little carpet python

[close]

Safe as houses.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2013, 09:09:51 AM »
What I learned from this thread: Using wax is OK but using too much makes you a faggot.

shitmeister

• Rep: -4
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2013, 09:49:48 AM »
whats the exact amount of wax that if you use makes you a faggot?? 2 sticks? 3 sticks?

Cameron Hoegee

« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2013, 01:02:09 PM »
Gabbers is hands down one of Australia's most underrated

asakusa75

« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2013, 11:41:28 PM »
Gabbers is hands down one of Australia's most underrated

I saw him do kickflip krooks down a ten stair second shot.
It was gnarly. He did it so easy.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2013, 11:46:06 PM »
Seriously? Complaints about overwaxed ledges are not unique to slap at all. I remember a trick tip with Justin Strubing for blunt slides in some magazine where he specifically says not to learn them on some overwaxed plastic ledge or anything like that, because those are bullshit, and you need to make your wheels screech to do a legit blunt slide.
People are picky on here about a lot in some ridiculous ways- in the Micky Papa thrasher part thread somebody complains that he knows every trick, but the idea of putting just enough wax to make it possible to slide, and not enough that you'll slide on your shoes if you jump off of your board has always been something that people have respected
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

KOOL MIKE

« Reply #50 on: January 14, 2013, 12:29:53 AM »
Seriously? Complaints about overwaxed ledges are not unique to slap at all. I remember a trick tip with Justin Strubing for blunt slides in some magazine where he specifically says not to learn them on some overwaxed plastic ledge or anything like that, because those are bullshit, and you need to make your wheels screech to do a legit blunt slide.
People are picky on here about a lot in some ridiculous ways- in the Micky Papa thrasher part thread somebody complains that he knows every trick, but the idea of putting just enough wax to make it possible to slide, and not enough that you'll slide on your shoes if you jump off of your board has always been something that people have respected

thats fucking stupid, simple as that.

tom

« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2013, 03:09:03 AM »

I haven't been reading this forum for very long so I don't really know what is and isn't unique to slap. all I know is that looking at a photo of a fucking crazy trick and still needing to nitpick about the amount of wax on a ledge is lame as fuck. I'd rather eat a bowl of thumb tacs than hang out/skate with somebody who bitches about insignificant shit like that.

Beer Keg Peg Leg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -35
« Reply #52 on: January 14, 2013, 03:19:04 AM »
yeah gipper that would maybe apply if dude wasn't lipsliding FAR AS FUCK yo

MFLUDER

« Reply #53 on: January 14, 2013, 07:49:48 AM »
I would say that is an appropriate amount of wax for the distance travelled. I don't get how he could of done it otherwise and it is totally not the same as doing a back blunt on a small ledge with very little wax. Also snakes are sick I've seen a huge red belly on a bush track leading to a beach and my mum almost got bitten by a brown snake one Christmas. Australia rules for cool animals.

TheDraught

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -65241
  • Team -65K
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #54 on: January 14, 2013, 08:10:12 AM »
I would say that is an appropriate amount of wax for the distance travelled. I don't get how he could of done it otherwise and it is totally not the same as doing a back blunt on a small ledge with very little wax. Also snakes are sick I've seen a huge red belly on a bush track leading to a beach and my mum almost got bitten by a brown snake one Christmas. Australia rules for cool animals.

see: http://www.smh.com.au/travel/travel-incidents/high-drama-qantas-pythons-flying-circus-20130110-2ciu0.html

SheepShagger

« Reply #55 on: January 14, 2013, 09:24:22 AM »
No it's true. Overwaxing is on some rollerblading shit.

tom

« Reply #56 on: January 14, 2013, 09:56:17 AM »

just out of curiosity, what it is like to never have fun or receive joy from anything ever?

SheepShagger

« Reply #57 on: January 14, 2013, 12:30:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

just out of curiosity, what it is like to never have fun or receive joy from anything ever?

Look in the mirror, or better yet, do a soul grind.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 12:32:29 PM by SheepShagger »

ChildoftheGhetto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1322
  • Nathaniel Turner with a burner
« Reply #58 on: January 14, 2013, 12:40:11 PM »
If you don't use wax w things are going to happen. You're going to stick a die or you're going to have a gross feeling slide. And lipslides on ledges are for clowns. That trick is a joke.  Cheap way to do "tech" tricks and they look gay.

KOOL MIKE

« Reply #59 on: January 14, 2013, 07:24:06 PM »
well i will keep doing lipslides on ledges,using wax and having fun and i think i  will leave the popular tricks that are for cool kids all to you homo ass faggots.