Author Topic: Battle at the Berrics 6  (Read 173772 times)

ivegotlevitation

Re: Battle at the Berrics 6
« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2013, 04:00:04 PM »
fuck yeah pressure flips

IanBZHD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2013, 05:18:06 PM »
Does anyone think austyn is steezing out those landing a bit? and i understand not giving a shit about winning or whatever, but you dont have to go out of your way to go super fast and eat shit on flat ground showing how much you dont give a fuck cuz "thats just how i skate bro"

flapJack

• Rep: 30
  • if you want our remorse,turn your body to a corpse
« Reply #122 on: January 20, 2013, 06:02:36 PM »
The trick names is especially dumb because both riders are the same stance in these games, so its even that much less confusing.

Ledge skate would be cool, but length of grinds is an issue. Stairs or bump to bar could be done though.

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #123 on: January 20, 2013, 07:41:06 PM »
I'm really just waiting patiently for Brad Cromer to beat Chaz Ortiz.

foureyedjim

« Reply #124 on: January 20, 2013, 11:17:05 PM »

unfortunately I doubt that

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 146
« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2013, 11:50:31 PM »
Brad could have some tricks in the bag which Chaz can't do, I think it depends who wins the rock-paper-scissors.

NowhereInLife

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 20
« Reply #126 on: January 21, 2013, 09:36:55 AM »
Brad is super consistent, but Chaz is a certified street league robot soo...

and it seems to be coming down to who has the oddball (only i do this) trick at his disposal come T.

I'd like to see Cromer take it.

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #127 on: January 21, 2013, 03:46:32 PM »
how funny would it have been if nyjah won the last one? jesus... mike mo almost let him take it too.

moose is going to slay salabanzi, and i hope cory kennedy is actually having a good day so he shuts everyone the fuck out...cuz lets face it we all know the dude is the best, hes just lazy and doesnt try hard enough. i noticed austyn had the same kind of attitude, just kind of speeding around and not really trying too hard. whatever i prob wouldnt take that shit too seriously either, i just wana see cory go off on somebody
try to remember, forget

ThugWaffle

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -140
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #128 on: January 21, 2013, 08:47:45 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

unfortunately I doubt that

If he plays strategically he can take Chaz out. Of course if he starts with a tre and a switch heel then yeah... i got faith tho.

Igottachubby

• Rep: -8
« Reply #129 on: January 22, 2013, 07:17:31 AM »
how funny would it have been if nyjah won the last one? jesus... mike mo almost let him take it too.

moose is going to slay salabanzi, and i hope cory kennedy is actually having a good day so he shuts everyone the fuck out...cuz lets face it we all know the dude is the best, hes just lazy and doesnt try hard enough. i noticed austyn had the same kind of attitude, just kind of speeding around and not really trying too hard. whatever i prob wouldnt take that shit too seriously either, i just wana see cory go off on somebody
[/b]

I've been waiting to see that since BATB2. He destroyed everyone in it and should have beaten Prod. I feel like older guys told him he shouldn't go off since then and now whenever he plays these games he just sticks to basic tricks. Really hoping this year is different.

tortfeasor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 341
« Reply #130 on: January 22, 2013, 07:33:42 AM »
even an attempt to channel the spirit of busenitz could not help austyn gilette  skate like a man

really looking forward to mike mo v cory kennedy
more heaven-cruise than hell-ride.

Brick

• Rep: -1
« Reply #131 on: January 22, 2013, 08:59:51 AM »
Does anyone think austyn is steezing out those landing a bit? and i understand not giving a shit about winning or whatever, but you dont have to go out of your way to go super fast and eat shit on flat ground showing how much you dont give a fuck cuz "thats just how i skate bro"

it seems like he's trying too hard in general

can't even back him anymore

ben shraider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -264
« Reply #132 on: January 22, 2013, 12:34:41 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
[/b]

I've been waiting to see that since BATB2. He destroyed everyone in it and should have beaten Prod. I feel like older guys told him he shouldn't go off since then and now whenever he plays these games he just sticks to basic tricks. Really hoping this year is different.

yea thats what i kind of thought too, like somebody (Berra) told him he cant pull out all that crazy shit in the finals and whoop out p rod in a second... He was blasting nollie cab double flips and heels and taking out everybody in ten tricks, until the finals and the next batbs. Mayby he's just really high thou and doesn't care about it

SheepShagger

« Reply #133 on: January 22, 2013, 12:48:28 PM »
even an attempt to channel the spirit of busenitz could not help austyn gilette  skate like a man

He's better than Busenitz.   

DBrown901

« Reply #134 on: January 22, 2013, 01:16:37 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[/b]

[close]

yea thats what i kind of thought too, like somebody (Berra) told him he cant pull out all that crazy shit in the finals and whoop out p rod in a second... He was blasting nollie cab double flips and heels and taking out everybody in ten tricks, until the finals and the next batbs. Maybe he's just really high thou and doesn't care about it
I hope he's sober and trying in this one. Watching his flatground is insane.
If the finals end up being Cory and Morgan, I'm sure Cory would kill him.

finknoos

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -170
  • Typos here there and everywhere
« Reply #135 on: January 23, 2013, 05:40:29 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

He's better than Busenitz.   

_aminal

• win some, lose most.
« Reply #136 on: January 23, 2013, 09:37:58 AM »
stupid berrics videos wont play

Ed's impossibles are like gonzs kickflips....

jexe

« Reply #137 on: January 23, 2013, 09:46:54 AM »

Out of everybody in batb, salabanzi probably has the most tricks that will 99% guarantee a letter, not to doubt moose because he is incredible, but to say he will slay salabanzi is ridiculous, it will come down to who wins the ro-sham-bo, and how consistent salabanzi is at double flip variations 

Merked

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -157
« Reply #138 on: January 23, 2013, 09:57:54 AM »

They get posted on youtube like immediately after, watch it there.
I suck at SLAP.

_aminal

• win some, lose most.
« Reply #139 on: January 23, 2013, 10:21:59 AM »

this

Expand Quote
[close]

They get posted on youtube like immediately after, watch it there.

sick thanks

Ed's impossibles are like gonzs kickflips....

Pango

• Rep: -30
« Reply #140 on: January 23, 2013, 04:26:26 PM »
Ok when did they start calling varial heels shuvit heelflips?

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #141 on: January 23, 2013, 04:41:17 PM »
Seeing that proved to me that Wes is blacker then Ishod. I'm not exactly sure why...

Pavementi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -146
  • Fuck it
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #142 on: January 23, 2013, 08:02:40 PM »
Seeing that proved to me that Wes is blacker then Ishod. I'm not exactly sure why...
No disrespect, but maybe because Ishod doesn't act all that black?
Like Daewon said: if skateboarding is a ten story building, Rodney is on eleventh floor.

Chron Artest

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
« Reply #143 on: January 23, 2013, 08:44:01 PM »
wes was killing it out there!  would have been satisfied if either dude won though

cornyindiandoctor

• Rep: -10
« Reply #144 on: January 23, 2013, 09:48:14 PM »
I cant wait for the next round, also why do people hate the berrics so much its awesome you get to see all your favorite skaters when you usually wouldnt.
Your mother has a serious condition...

SheepShagger

« Reply #145 on: January 24, 2013, 12:03:33 AM »
Ok when did they start calling varial heels shuvit heelflips?

Around the same time they called fakie backward, varialflips shove it kickflips, hardflips inward kickflips, inward heels hard heelflips.

deluxxxe

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 46
« Reply #146 on: January 26, 2013, 10:56:53 AM »
well that felipe vs david game was about what i expected. i have a feeling felipes bag of tricks isnt that diverse.
oh yeah, does the berrics player work for anyone right now? I couldn't get it to work in Chrome/Firefox/IE with everything default - I had to watch on my phone

needlejuice

• Rep: -101
« Reply #147 on: January 26, 2013, 11:27:09 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Out of everybody in batb, salabanzi probably has the most tricks that will 99% guarantee a letter, not to doubt moose because he is incredible, but to say he will slay salabanzi is ridiculous, it will come down to who wins the ro-sham-bo, and how consistent salabanzi is at double flip variations 

salabanzi has double flips, yes. but check out his games of skate with other people on youtube if you havnt. I havnt seen salabanzi have the crazy switch arsenal most pro's do nowadays, which moose proved he obviously does during the last berrics game he played
try to remember, forget

UserFame

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -159
« Reply #148 on: January 26, 2013, 11:57:00 AM »
ATENTION!!! SPOILER!!!

damn, I wanted David to win...It didnt happened.

I was hoppin for David to do that no-comply 360 flip of him, he can win everyone with that trick, but waint, is that trick legal in this game?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bloody Matt

• Rep: -41
« Reply #149 on: January 26, 2013, 12:48:31 PM »
I felt a lot of second-hand embarrassment listening to Giovanni Reda interview this. Sheesh. And that 360 yo shuvit was embarassing to watch, too!

I'm such a Negative Nancy sorry pma.